costa-fuso-cal and cobra sales

Yo, Joe! The base of operations for your comments is open and ready for your transmissions.

Moderators: JohnBarber, CarlosG86, Bobby Curnow, Mariah, shanecdavis

costa-fuso-cal and cobra sales

Postby cashel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:51 am

Hi-idw gang. I. Just fiinished the fourteens of the revamp. I still love my arah but my eyes are discovering how wrong I was about the revamp. When read together this is some really good stuff. Now- I have to address the fact that cobra's sales are not what they should be. Now- I really enjoy fuso's art and the way in which he designs the page with his layouts. But I keep hearing fans say they would buy the book if only they liked the art. I don't want to give up on fuso when he's doing such a great job but I don't want cobra cancelled. I tried to think of an artist that is good and at the same time- fit the book. I enjoyed cal's work on cobra command. And I feel a lot of potential readers would like his realistic take on such a mature and brilliantly done comic. I would also suggest sl gallant except I really like his work on arah and I would hats for Hama to tell stories without gallant. I also wanted to say the last few issues of snake-eyes and his past have been pretty good and having his own title allows the other books to function without helix and snakes. I said it on some message board that snake-eyes used to be my favorite Joe but his overexposure is wearing me out when there's so many cool characters that need some space. Anywho- I am really digging the revamp and hoping it continues for a long time. Oh- I love mainframe being hot for Scarlett. He'd be better for her than snakes or duke. I really like how human mainframe is. Well- I promised I'd always end my multiple posts with the following request: WHERE'S MAD MONK?!? one of your companies greatest stories not being followed up on. Sheesh! Seriously-though-keep up the great work. I think barber will take the stories where ever it needs to go. He and Roberts have saved the transformers and moved the storyline in all new directions while fixing continuity gaps in the process. I wish idw the best of luck with both arah and the revamp. Thank-you for your patience!
Join the revolution. Support "IMAGINARY DRUGS" and "BLANK WALLS". SEE WHAT LIES BEYOND SUPERHEROES! FEED YOUR BRAIN!
cashel
Transforumer

Postby shanecdavis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:21 pm

This is my vision of the future:

ARAH - Hama/Gallant
ARAH Special Missions - Hama or Jerwa/Trimpe
COBRA Ongoing - Costa/Atkins
G.I. Joe Ongoing - Dixon/Cal

Make it happen IDW!
shanecdavis
Transforumer

Postby Oracle1984 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:30 pm

shanecdavis wrote:This is my vision of the future:

ARAH - Hama/Gallant

Make it happen IDW!

Much as I would like this, in reading ARAH, I feel like Hama's running short on stories. I'd rather have an one-off here and there, like this year's annual--which was great--than try to get him to try to churn out two monthlies.
September 17, 1984. MTME Part I. The world changed forever.
---------------------------
"Nobody ever died for a typewriter." Road-Block, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (Marvel) #69 (p.4)
---------------------------
(Okay to print)
Oracle1984
Transforumer

Postby cashel » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:31 am

ARAH - Hama/Gallant

Make it happen IDW!

I could really go for this. I've discovered that as long as arah is being published- I can forgo the things I don't like with the revamp. But lately I have really enjoyed the. Stories. I like how intelectualy and mean krake is. And I love Costa's ability to dig into these characters' heads. I know this is a revamp but I do wish that the writers would sorta go along with the characters' file cards. I know I'm repeating myself but- so far- these characters' only share code names with their classic version. Transformers' revamp goes in totally new directions but their personality remains intact. I felt closer to brainstorm than to breaker- hawk- even Scarlett. But I'm still enjo6ing the not-knowing what will happen next.
every comic I buy is an idw- btw. You guys and gals rock.
Join the revolution. Support "IMAGINARY DRUGS" and "BLANK WALLS". SEE WHAT LIES BEYOND SUPERHEROES! FEED YOUR BRAIN!
cashel
Transforumer

Postby Jay West » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:40 pm

ARAH - Hama/Gallant

Make it happen IDW!

I'd love to see Jerwa get to play in the Hama verse. There are so many characters he could just figure out the one's Larry isn't interested in and go to town.
Jay West
Comic Book Guy

Postby Machete Phil » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Jay West wrote:

ARAH - Hama/Gallant

Make it happen IDW!

I'd love to see Jerwa get to play in the Hama verse. There are so many characters he could just figure out the one's Larry isn't interested in and go to town.

i'd actually love to see jerwa get to play in the reboot verse. think it would be great!
But from that point on... Phil Coletti was forever known as... Machete Phil.
Machete Phil
Transforumer

Postby cashel » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Yeah! I'd love to see Keres write a revamp title as long as costa sticks around.
cashel
Transforumer

Postby Eagleyes » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Hama on ARAH
Costa on Cobra & Joe
Jerwa on Snake Eyes

send Dixon back to Bane/Robin world
Eagleyes
Transforumer

Postby cashel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:39 am

Eagleyes wrote:Hama on ARAH
Costa on Cobra & Joe
Jerwa on Snake Eyes

send Dixon back to Bane/Robin world

THIS I agree with 100 percent. I'm not trying to be mean and I'm sure to many Dixon is the man but for me- personally he is not my cup of tea. His scripts- to me- seem to have little substance and I read each of his books in approx. Five minutes. He said he writes for the trade. That doesn't mean you can't explore more per issue thus making the trade all the better. I loved jerwa and he loved gi Joe. If snake-eyes sticks around I would love having jerwa writing snake-eyes. Jerwa's master and apprentice was awesome and he knows his history. I don't think it will happen but I would be the happiest guy in town if Costa was given both Joe and cobra. But I bet Dixon will be on at least one title.
cashel
Transforumer

Return to G.I. Joe