TMNT as digital comics

Moderators: Sprite, Bobby Curnow, Venom

Do you want TMNT published digitally too?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes : 24

Postby Goongasnootch » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:09 pm

This is a Godsend for me! I don't have to wait five or six days to read an issue! As for having them physically, I'll still buy the TPBs and Hardcover volumes.
Goongasnootch
Slayer

Postby schwartzrm » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:54 pm

So apparently the digital comics are only available in the US. They were up on ComiXology for a day or two for me (I'm in Canada) as well as the independent app and then they disappeared...

I inquired and received this response:
"Sorry about that, those titles are US-only right now. :-/"

still waiting for digital... :(
schwartzrm
Private

Postby DanielW » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:16 pm

Same here Schwartzrm, but I managed to snag the four micro-series issues and the ongoing before it disappeared off the comixology app ;)
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby NilesCable » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:36 am

:x Why cant this new volume of Turtles just be simply available worldwide? I am a huge Turtles-Fan and this deal between IDW and Viacom really makes me mad. First I can only get the first 4 issues here in Austria until it is found out there are no international rights included, then the "worldwide domination" is announced, but still no Turtle comics are shipped to Austria for whatever reason.

Now I hear they finally come to Comixology only to again have to see that they are for US only. WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THAT? I can guarantee that the german speaking market for the Turtles is so small that you will never be able to sell the series for German translated publication, so why not allow us to buy the originals US Editions?
NilesCable
Private

Postby DanielW » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:12 am

Niles, there's a rights minefield for a lot of the properties IDW produces, case in point Doctor Who can't be sold overseas, GI Joe couldn't be sold digitally until recently... I know that IDW is working to ensure we all get them eventually.
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby NilesCable » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:31 am

DanielW wrote:Niles, there's a rights minefield for a lot of the properties IDW produces, case in point Doctor Who can't be sold overseas, GI Joe couldn't be sold digitally until recently... I know that IDW is working to ensure we all get them eventually.

Well, I would understand if the rights would be scattered between many different parties, but here it is Viacom on one side and IDW on the other. So they would just need to make a contract that allows IDW to publish their licensed Turtle comics in any way worldwide for as long as they hold the license. Normally I would think that in this time and age a decent comic book publisher would think this far when negotiating rights and the rights holding partner should also understand the needs of todays worldwide and digital market.
NilesCable
Private

Discount on digital vision with purchase of paper copy

Postby Tommie 55 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:08 pm

It would be nice to have a code of some sort, like they do wi digital downloads of movies, where you enter it and you get a free digital copy. I'd settle for a discount at least. I switch back and forth between printed and digital since I have an iPad I basically bring everywhere. I like having the option to read it on the go to catch up on the latest issues and not worrying about carrying around different comics.
-Tommie
Tommie 55
Private

Postby Mamu_Nestor » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Marvel does this.
Author: Karate is Self-Defense Available at Amazon.com. Kindle version available.
Mamu_Nestor
Transforumer

Previous

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles