Transformers Autocracy #12: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Transformers Autocracy #12: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Postby tronprogram » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Last edited by tronprogram on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no problems, only solutions.

tronprogram
Transforumer

Postby Fusion blast » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:03 pm

Yeah... That doesn't suck. :D
Fusion blast
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:39 am

Loving this.

Megatron in all his glory.

Prime has a plan.

Brilliant stuff.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby RiceDaddy07 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:43 am

Come on Comixology...hurry up...
RiceDaddy07
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:17 am

RiceDaddy07 wrote:Come on Comixology...hurry up...

Patience my young apprentice. :wink:
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby RiceDaddy07 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:25 am

OBI-WAN: You were the chosen one!
RiceDaddy07
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:27 am

Who would bring balance to the force.
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby hook line and sinker » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:41 am

They need to get on the ball over there and get this thing up...

LIKE NOW!!!
hook line and sinker
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:45 am

hook line and sinker wrote:They need to get on the ball over there and get this thing up...

LIKE NOW!!!

They will Hook.

Shows you the anticipation is so high for this.

Can someone pM me the details of this? Cheerrs.
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Calvatron » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:20 am

It's up!
ok to print

Pirate, definitely pirate.
Calvatron
Transforumer

Postby Nook » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:51 am

I thought i read somewhere that this issue will include all 12 covers without letters, but they aren't there
Nook
Forum Zombie

Postby stefatron1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:14 am

it's a shame the bridge wasn't there. Lots of movie references. not the best issue but good art.

Well done to all involved, thanks very much for a really enjoyable tale!
STOP YER MOANING! YOU'RE STILL GONNA BUY THEM ANYWAY!

READING>
MTMTE>RID>Superior Spiderman>All-new X-Men>Uncanny X-Men>Uncanny Avengers>Sex Criminals
oktp
stefatron1
Forum Zombie

Postby Big C » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:48 am

It was a solid conclusion to the story, but the Optimus/Megatron/Hot Rod callback to the 1986 movie felt a little forced. I would have a liked a slightly longer fight scene between Optimus and Megatron without the cheesy Hot Rod intervention (or at least a less cheesy version).

Everything else I thought was pretty good:
- Metroplex returns to smash Megatron's superweapon. Of course, this raises the question of why the Autobots couldn't win the war with Metroplex on their side. I'm sure there are lots of ways to explain that. He doesn't want to personally take part in too much fighting because that would escalate the war and cause more destruction, for example. Or maybe Megatron at some point builds Trypticon to counter Metroplex in an Autobot/Decepticon arms race.

- Prowl and Ultra Magnus discover a cache of weapons of mass destruction developed by Zeta Prime in the basement, and Prime orders it all destroyed to keep from escalating the war. Is it just me, or does Prowl's face in the last panel imply he might keep a few of these weapons despite being ordered to destory them? Is this the beginning of "Ends justify the means" Prowl? Also, it's interesting that Ultra Magnus is here as well. It seems to foreshadow his future role as an enforcer of the Tyrest accord to prevent the spread of Cybertronian superweapons.

- I liked Optimus and Hot Rod's final scene. Also a nice bit of foreshadowing to last year's events that led up to Chaos.

In general I think Autocracy was a great success in terms of storytelling and embracing digital comic distribution. I hope there will be a follow up. I liked the pacing in the 8 page format and the 99 cent pricing was just right. Great job to everyone involved!
Take a listen to the new TransMissions podcast featuring yours truly! And all my posts are *OK TO PRINT*
Big C
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby General Tekno » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 am

Big C wrote:- Prowl and Ultra Magnus discover a cache of weapons of mass destruction developed by Zeta Prime in the basement, and Prime orders it all destroyed to keep from escalating the war. Is it just me, or does Prowl's face in the last panel imply he might keep a few of these weapons despite being ordered to destory them? Is this the beginning of "Ends justify the means" Prowl? Also, it's interesting that Ultra Magnus is here as well. It seems to foreshadow his future role as an enforcer of the Tyrest accord to prevent the spread of Cybertronian superweapons.

I would definitely NOT be surprised if Prowl kept some superweapons. Though I can't imagine WHERE he would have stowed them, given Cybertron got reformatted and all.
Big Time Toons - updated Tuesdays!

And what I say is OK to Print!
General Tekno
Transforumer

Postby zhgingaah » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:50 am

General Tekno wrote:I would definitely NOT be surprised if Prowl kept some superweapons. Though I can't imagine WHERE he would have stowed them, given Cybertron got reformatted and all.
So now do we have to wonder what Metroplex / Metrotitan may have been 'keeping safe'...

Ah Prowl, you devil.

Great stuff - Autocracy's been a fun ride with plenty of winks and nods and tips of the hat to many continuities, including the current story lines.

Looking forward to the 'inevitable' sequel... :wink:

(And cheesy or not, I loved the Out of the way, Hot Rod schtick! :D)
*All my nonsense tapped out here is okay to print*
zhgingaah
Transforumer

Next

Return to Transformers