Official Transformers: Autocracy Thread! *SPOILERISH*

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby Sprite » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:45 am

That would be Chaos Theory, surely? :shock:
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Iacon_Pax » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:46 am

Sprite wrote:That would be Chaos Theory, surely? :shock:

Good point.
I was thinking in combat, not, er, in a professional or social capacity... but you're right.
Iacon_Pax
Transforumer

Postby Anzati » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:19 pm

LivioRamondelli wrote:According to the editors, the Sherma Bridge fight actually takes place before the events of Autocracy. So, that particular fight isn't in the finale.

Oooh...that give me some more continuity to ponder over...
Anzati
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Kirjava » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:59 pm

I think in this case the editors might have made a boo-boo. Sherma Bridge will have to come after Autocracy. Prime definitely hasn't tangled with Megatron before Autocracy as far as my reading of it shows.
Kirjava
Transforumer

Postby hook line and sinker » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Kirjava wrote:I think in this case the editors might have made a boo-boo. Sherma Bridge will have to come after Autocracy. Prime definitely hasn't tangled with Megatron before Autocracy as far as my reading of it shows.

Right you are, and in CT Megatron describes the Autobots who were there as "your" autobots to Prime, implying that he was the leader by then.
hook line and sinker
Transforumer

Postby LivioRamondelli » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Kirjava wrote:I think in this case the editors might have made a boo-boo. Sherma Bridge will have to come after Autocracy. Prime definitely hasn't tangled with Megatron before Autocracy as far as my reading of it shows.

I'd say it's probably good for us all not to dwell on the specifics of when that fight took place. I mean, the point of Chaos Theory was to show that they'd had many fights together, and not specifically when each fight took place in their continuity.

It doesn't really affect Autocracy as far as I'm concerned- at their first meeting in the series (Issue 4) Megatron and Orion are clearly aware of one another- so maybe they'd had some scrapes or run ins, but Autocracy is certainly one of their first epic confronations.
LivioRamondelli
Forum Zombie

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:44 am

LivioRamondelli wrote:

I'd say it's probably good for us all not to dwell on the specifics of when that fight took place. I mean, the point of Chaos Theory was to show that they'd had many fights together, and not specifically when each fight took place in their continuity.

It doesn't really affect Autocracy as far as I'm concerned- at their first meeting in the series (Issue 4) Megatron and Orion are clearly aware of one another- so maybe they'd had some scrapes or run ins, but Autocracy is certainly one of their first epic confronations.

Sherma Bridge felt to me like it happened after Autocracy. It wasnt their first fight, that much is obvious after Issue 4 I think. So maybe they were wrong in CT about when that happened.?

Thats how I would read it.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Kirjava » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:25 am

I imagine we're making a mountain out of a molehill, but hey, we're FANS! 8)
Kirjava
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:35 am

Kirjava wrote:I imagine we're making a mountain out of a molehill, but hey, we're FANS! 8)

Its what we do. Autocracy was a great read by all accounts regardless of these continuity errors that may have happened in it.

Im going to say that that fight happened after Autocracy and not before or during.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Iacon_Pax » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:58 am

ultramagnus1 wrote:
Kirjava wrote:I imagine we're making a mountain out of a molehill, but hey, we're FANS! 8)

Its what we do. Autocracy was a great read by all accounts regardless of these continuity errors that may have happened in it.

Im going to say that that fight happened after Autocracy and not before or during.

In the end, we each have our own personal "canon" based on how we interpret or just like to view the continuity.
To me, Chaos Theory is their first meeting, Autocracy is their first meeting as militarily aligned opponents, and Sherma Bridge happened after Autocracy.
That's simply the way I choose to think of the storylines in my own mind.
Iacon_Pax
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:09 am

Iacon_Pax wrote:
ultramagnus1 wrote:

In the end, we each have our own personal "canon" based on how we interpret or just like to view the continuity.
To me, Chaos Theory is their first meeting, Autocracy is their first meeting as militarily aligned opponents, and Sherma Bridge happened after Autocracy.

Snap

Thats exactly how I see it too.
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby LivioRamondelli » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:52 am

Iacon_Pax wrote:
ultramagnus1 wrote:

That's how I like to see it as well.
LivioRamondelli
Forum Zombie

Postby ultramagnus1 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:42 am

LivioRamondelli wrote:
Iacon_Pax wrote:
ultramagnus1 wrote:

That's how I like to see it as well.

A sequel showing that battle would clear this part of continuity up.

As I have said elsewhere this battle which is now one of the most famous in the IDWverse and we havent properly seen it could be discussed in MTMTE in Shadowplay.
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Previous

Return to Transformers