Crossover

Trekkies, Trekkers, Trek-newbies, or just fans of "Free Enterprise," are all welcome here.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Crossover

Postby Liebkraft » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:27 am

I know the following may sound a bit strange or crazy:

Since the first issue of 'Space between' I'm now a regular reader und big fan of all Star Trek Series. For me IDW has the best approach since Marvel and I can only asy: Guys, you rule! Keep on trekin'! :D

Here in Austria, where I'm from, the Transformers started in cinemas a while ago and yesterday I also finally had the time to watch the movie which is simply great.
After that I started thinking and now want to know what you would think about a crossover between Star Trek and Transformers, just the way Marvel once did with TOS/TNG with the X-Men. I simply love the idea of seeing a Sovereign-Class transforming to Optimus Prime oder a Defiant into Bumblebee

I have even thought about two possible plots:
One would be set during the Dominion War, where the Federation get help from the Autobots, while the Decepticons could ally with the Dominion and the other would be basically the same but setz during the Romulan War (here Optimus Prime would have to be a NX-Class then).

I think this kind of crossover could fit in a special issue, maybe Transformers Evolution (like the very genius Hearts of Steel)
'Play with friends, be a Hero!'
www.halle-der-helden.at (we do RPG)
Liebkraft
Forum Zombie

Postby JazZeke » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:53 am

It's been brought up before, plenty of times. I would love to see a crossover myself, though having the Autobots and Cons transform into starships would be a bit of a stretch for most readers, since there's a massive size difference between the sizes the Autobots are usually portrayed at and the Star Trek vehicles. Perhaps Omega Supreme, Fortress Maximus, Trypticon, and/or Mtroplex might work though.

However, Ryall's stated before that this won't happen, at least not for a long time.
Community Volunteer for Fan Fiction on deviantart.com!
JazZeke
Transforumer

Postby Liebkraft » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:33 am

yep, I agree about the size, nevertheless for me it wouldn't be that kind of a problem.

I also know that it's not very likely that there really will be such a crossover, but last thing that dies is hope :D
Liebkraft
Forum Zombie

Postby Liebkraft » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:14 am

since we are talking about crossovers here, I wanted to list some links here, which, in a way, could also be understood as crossovers between Star Trek and other Universes:

http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Andromeda_Mod;4300 (Crossover with Andromeda)

http://www.steam-trek.com/ (Steampunk meets Star Trek)

by the way, concerning Star Trek/ X-Men: There were not only two Comics, but also a book following up the Comics by Micheal Friedman named Planet X
Liebkraft
Forum Zombie

Postby 8of5 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:39 am

I couldn't give a banana abotu a crossover with Transformers but now IDW have Doctor Who I'd love to see Who/Trek crossover.
Numerically challenged drone
8of5's Star Trek blog -- Updated October 14.
8of5
Forum Zombie

Postby DanielW » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:17 pm

I wouldn't.
Any crossover will effectively knobble one or the other franchise in the story, either the Doctor is in the back seat to the Trek crew, or the Time Lord will overshadow the Enterprise crew.

Star Trek revels in the complex explanation, whereas Doctor Who has the "hand waving" simple explanation. Trek is about SCIENCE, whereas Doctor Who is about PEOPLE.

The beings the Trek crew face are designed to highlight either their differences or similarities to ourselves, whereas in Who they're thematic devices to place a threat on the people and to drive the characters to grow and change.

I can't see it working.
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby Ro-Dan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:17 am

Crossovers tend to come off as cheesy or inconsequential. As a reader, I usually have a hard time buying into those types of things. Especially something as outlandish as Star Trek/X-Men.
Ro-Dan
Transforumer

Postby Liebkraft » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:07 am

Ro-Dan has the point here, whereas I think that the Marvel Crossover wasn't that bad at all, at least a new interesting/strange idea nothing more. But I also hope that there won't be many crossovers in the future, just wanted to see Optimus Prime transform into a Sovereign-Class :D

speaking of Marvel-Crossover:
http://wobblyone.deviantart.com/art/Gal ... rg-4992587
Liebkraft
Forum Zombie

Postby Liebkraft » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:02 am

well, even regarding my last post here, some other (not really serious) idea concerning something like a 'crossover':

I Just the day before yesterday I came to watch AVP 2 in cinema. Lacks a bit of story actaully and is really gory, but in a more brutal way than the other movies, so overall, I liked AVP 1 much better.

Anyway, it remined me of something I've read in a DS9 set after Series - Novel: There the Jem'Hadar named Taran'atar (sent by Odo to protect Kira) always does some kind of training at the Holosuites (like Worf did in TNG) und replays battles the Jem'Hadar have fought. Under the many intimitating enemies there is a species described which actually is meant to be (in my opinion) the 'Xenomorphs' aka 'Aliens'.
Also in one of the Gateway-Novels this Jem'Hadar fights against a Hirogen (was very good to read) a it was mentioed that these two species had had run-ins before.

Therefore I suggest a 'Hirogen vs. Xenomorph' the Star Trek-Version of AVP. :D

Alternatively there could be also some kind of Mini-Series always with to battle-hardened species fighting each other, good candiates would be:
- Hirogen vs. Species 8472 (as seen in VOY)
- Jem'Hadar vs. Arcturian MACOS (during Dominion War it has been mentioned that the Arcturian Clones were the main Ground Troops)
- Kzinti vs. Xindi Reptilian
- Rigelian Kaylar (from EV) vs. Quch'ha (the mutated Klingons from ENT)
- Capellans vs. ?
Liebkraft
Forum Zombie

Postby 8of5 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:08 pm

hmm, the novels have established prior contact between the Jem'Hadar and Hirogen... I think your battle of the species idea is a bit much, but establishing some more history to the Dominion would be interesting, maybe seeing their neighbours on other boarders aside from the wormhole side.
Numerically challenged drone
8of5's Star Trek blog -- Updated October 14.
8of5
Forum Zombie

Postby DanielW » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:38 pm

Actually, Trek versus Xenomorphs might be interesting....
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby Liebkraft » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:22 am

Yesterday I was doing some research about the Xenomorps, here's a funny thing I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ca ... d_universe
(Just scroll down until 'Xenoborg')

By the way, in the mentioned novels Taran'atar battles a lot of creatures, anyone any knowledge if there are other 'in-jokes' like the one with the Xenomorphs (I can't really remember anymore and wasn't able to find list or else at Memory Beta)
Liebkraft
Forum Zombie

Return to Star Trek