What New Monster Would You Like to See Godzilla Fight?

Godzilla, Hedorah, Mothra, Rodan... doesn't matter who your favorite Toho monster is, chances are you'll see them in our coming comics. C'mon in and get some good "flame wars" going.

Moderators: Bobby Curnow, Mowry

What new monster would you like to see Godzilla fight in an issue?

The Gargantuas
35%
Biollante
24%
Varan
18%
King Caesar
6%
Megalon
No votes
Jet Jaguar
6%
other
12%

Total votes : 17

What New Monster Would You Like to See Godzilla Fight?

Postby codycameron09 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Well the news is out: IDW has finally gotten the rights to use other Toho Kaiju that will appear in upcoming Godzilla comics!!! The question now is what monsters are they and which ones are we looking forward to finally duke it out with the Big G?
codycameron09
I'm kind of a big deal

what new monster would you want to see fight godzilla

Postby BURNINGODZILLA79 » Sat May 26, 2012 8:08 am

hi

that is a really cool list but how about megagirus
BURNINGODZILLA79
Slayer

Re: what new monster would you want to see fight godzilla

Postby KaijuX » Sat May 26, 2012 8:45 am

BURNINGODZILLA79 wrote:that is a really cool list but how about megagirus

There's a reason why "other" is there, ya know. Cuz we don't know who else IDW has in their pary (other than the Gargantuas and Jet Jaguar).
KaijuX
Forum Zombie

Postby codycameron09 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 am

It still kinda boggles the mind to know that the Gargantuas will be returning to us in the form of comic books! It's exciting!!!
codycameron09
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby klen7 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:18 pm

My inner Godzilla geek would squeal like a school girl if we got the original GMK cast of Baragon, Anguirus and Varan against Godzilla.

I think Baragon has a lot to offer diversity wise to the fighting as far as being able to tunnel.
klen7
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Serizawa » Sat May 26, 2012 5:18 pm

We've never seen Godzilla fight Varan before so that would be interesting.
Serizawa
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Void_Master » Sat May 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Since we could only pick one, I had to go with other. In truth, all of the above would be my answer! Make it happen IDW!
Go Go Godzilla!

Okay to print.
Void_Master
Transforumer

Postby Guitar Rodan » Sun May 27, 2012 9:18 am

Varan. I've probably already established my eternal love for Varan, so this is obviously my first choice. The Gargantuas would be cool to see fight him too, though.
Gun shy
Guitar Rodan
Slayer

Postby geekjunk2 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:49 am

SpaceGodzilla! Is he even still out there in the IDW Godzilla universe? He showed up at the end of KOM and now...we have the relaunch with no mention of him.
geekjunk2
Comic Book Guy

Postby Rhuen » Thu May 31, 2012 10:10 am

It was too early for Space Godzilla, if Toho is all about origins being right then we really needed Biollante or Mothra (depending on which of the two potential origins revealed in the same movie you want to go with).

I kind of thought it would be revealed during the movie that Space Godzilla was Biollante returned in a new form to fight Godzilla; but no such luck.

Since they already revealed Space Godzilla, and they have to stick with origins; they may have to say Space Godzilla came to this universe from another that has Godzilla via a wormhole *its whole origin in that universe; thus a work around to be in this universe with out the whole Godzilla cells carried into space in the comic book*.
Rhuen
Forum Zombie

Postby geekjunk2 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:08 am

Rhuen wrote:It was too early for Space Godzilla, if Toho is all about origins being right then we really needed Biollante or Mothra (depending on which of the two potential origins revealed in the same movie you want to go with).

I kind of thought it would be revealed during the movie that Space Godzilla was Biollante returned in a new form to fight Godzilla; but no such luck.

Since they already revealed Space Godzilla, and they have to stick with origins; they may have to say Space Godzilla came to this universe from another that has Godzilla via a wormhole *its whole origin in that universe; thus a work around to be in this universe with out the whole Godzilla cells carried into space in the comic book*.

Sounds like a cool idea for some sort of special event book that has a major impact on the G-verse.
Speaking of which...I wonder if Godzilla will ever have 'event' books?
Nearly every other property in IDW has had some sort of event or mini event.
geekjunk2
Comic Book Guy

Postby KaijuX » Thu May 31, 2012 11:32 am

Rhuen wrote:Since they already revealed Space Godzilla, and they have to stick with origins; they may have to say Space Godzilla came to this universe from another that has Godzilla via a wormhole *its whole origin in that universe; thus a work around to be in this universe with out the whole Godzilla cells carried into space in the comic book*.

There's a problem with that, though. The original explanation used the white hole, which clearly does not exist in real life. Now of course those were their (as in the scientists of Toho films) theory that SpaceGodzilla came to be G-Cells that drifted into space... But then again, who actually says that SpaceG was even created by that method to begin with? Taking that explanation out of the equation, SpaceG's origins are actually very vague... And I mean very. Heck, he could've came before Godzilla... Actually, that sounds freaking awesome.
KaijuX
Forum Zombie

Postby Void_Master » Thu May 31, 2012 4:22 pm

Not to be a stick in the mud, but there are really theories out there concerning white holes. I had always thought it was a bunch of hot air as well, so the last time I watched GvSG, I looked into it. Turns out it's not all made up in the end (though of course just because there is a theory about it doesn't mean that it's true). Just my two cents...
Go Go Godzilla!

Okay to print.
Void_Master
Transforumer

Postby Rodamnit » Thu May 31, 2012 4:47 pm

Looks like the Gargantuas are the most popular. Personally I'd like to see them get their own comic, like a miniseries or something. It would suit them better besides just fighting Godzilla.
Rodamnit
Comic Book Guy

Postby KaijuX » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:53 am

Rodamnit wrote:Looks like the Gargantuas are the most popular. Personally I'd like to see them get their own comic, like a miniseries or something. It would suit them better besides just fighting Godzilla.

I can see the reason behind that, and I agree. However, I think this would be a nice blend of KKvG and MvG (Heisei) in the sense of style.
KaijuX
Forum Zombie

Next

Return to Godzilla and the Toho Monsters