Transformers Autocracy #10: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Transformers Autocracy #10: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Postby hook line and sinker » Tue May 22, 2012 6:44 am

Previews, comments and reviews!
Come and get em!
(stickied by Bassbot)

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... iew/24886/

YESSSS!!!!

Hailstorm, Heavy Load, LUGNUT!!!!!

Thank you Livio!
hook line and sinker
Transforumer

Postby Kirjava » Tue May 22, 2012 9:37 am

Looking lovely as ever. I've fallen behind with Autocracy lately, hope I can catch up soon!
Kirjava
Transforumer

Postby Brian Mays » Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 am

I've been enjoying this series much more than the Transformers: Exodus novel that I recently finished. I don't often feel there is much for me left in the comics market these days, but I still look forward to this one.
Brian Mays
Transforumer

Postby YoungPrime » Tue May 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Brian Mays wrote:I've been enjoying this series much more than the Transformers: Exodus novel that I recently finished. I don't often feel there is much for me left in the comics market these days, but I still look forward to this one.

More Than Meets The Eye is great as well.

Robots In Disguise, is alright to but not as good as MTMTE.

But yes I agree that the Alex Irvine novels leave more to be desired.
YoungPrime
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:08 am

I think RID will get better.

Love the preview. Its ironic how Megatron talks to Hot Rod considering how many years later he blasts him in his new body.

Optimus is on the march.

Spine tingling stuff.

And TC too.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby FDrowned » Wed May 23, 2012 5:33 am

I didn't mind Exodus. If anything it got me in the mood to read Autocracy.

Put me in the right mindset etc

Still need to read Exiles.

And catch up with Autocracy #9
FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:34 am

FDrowned wrote:I didn't mind Exodus. If anything it got me in the mood to read Autocracy.

Im way behind :lol: :lol:

Im waiting for the trade at this stage.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby hook line and sinker » Wed May 23, 2012 5:39 am

Exiles...huk blarghhh!!!

Uh...whew!
hook line and sinker
Transforumer

Postby hook line and sinker » Wed May 23, 2012 6:05 am

when is this gonna be up?
hook line and sinker
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:10 am

hook line and sinker wrote:when is this gonna be up?

Soon Id imagine Hook
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby zhgingaah » Wed May 23, 2012 7:13 am

WELL!! :shock:

That last panel's a little tinker... stunningly beautiful too, Livio!

I sincerely hope John Barber's continuity hat is on firmly given the solicits for the MTMTE annual for later this year and one has to wonder how this all ties back to the Ironhide mini and a certain other Spotlight issue.

I soooo hope that as well as being collected in TPB that someone sits down and formulates a way of getting this in to the Hardcover volumes too - Personally, I think it would be a great precursor to the DoOP which in turn leads in to the first few issues of MTMTE / RID.

And given that Optimus has already had a cover, HE would be a great cover star!
*All my nonsense tapped out here is okay to print*
zhgingaah
Transforumer

Postby hook line and sinker » Wed May 23, 2012 7:56 am

WOW!

And the continuity tweaks continue!

But hey, why the heck not find a way to put someone as awesome as Metroplex into the war before the Throttlebots found him?!

And yeah, this is definitely all heading for the annual, with the whole Metroplex/Alpha Trion thing tying into the Knights.
hook line and sinker
Transforumer

Postby YoungPrime » Wed May 23, 2012 10:11 am

FDrowned wrote:I didn't mind Exodus. If anything it got me in the mood to read Autocracy.

I bet it did. The Orion Pax in that story didn't display any leadership, courage or combat skills what so ever up until council just decided to give him the Title of Prime. Mind you they didn't even know if Zeta Prime was dead or not.

So how many clerks/librarians would you just up and make President of the US because he just happens to be friends with Osama after taping his phone convo's?

To me that book made no sense what so ever, so Autocracy put me in the right mind to forget it.

F.Y.I. Exiles was "boring"! The Decepticons had no real impact other than Prime warning people that they were coming. (Eventually) And the Autobots did nothing beyond going door to door begging for Energon and spare parts.
YoungPrime
Transforumer

Postby Brian Mays » Wed May 23, 2012 10:47 am

YoungPrime wrote:I bet it did. The Orion Pax in that story didn't display any leadership, courage or combat skills what so ever up until council just decided to give him the Title of Prime. Mind you they didn't even know if Zeta Prime was dead or not.

So how many clerks/librarians would you just up and make President of the US because he just happens to be friends with Osama after taping his phone convo's?

To me that book made no sense what so ever, so Autocracy put me in the right mind to forget it.

F.Y.I. Exiles was "boring"! The Decepticons had no real impact other than Prime warning people that they were coming. (Eventually) And the Autobots did nothing beyond going door to door begging for Energon and spare parts.

What I like about Autocracy vs. Exodus is that Autocracy has an expanded view of things. Exodus seemed to me like it had much more of a singular focus and was one note. I read Exodus with the feeling that metal was grinding in the background the entire time. I read Autocracy with the same feeling at times - but at other times there is a different sort of background, and occasionally a silence.

And Exodus used up the quota for the word "caste" for the franchise from now on :-)
Brian Mays
Transforumer

Postby Iacon_Pax » Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 am

I still prefer the Prime who was a data clerk as Orion Pax, rather than a police officer, or swat team leader, or dock worker.
Does it make sense? No. The Orion Pax from the IDW universe makes a lot more sense as someone who would be naed a Prime.
However, personal taste-wise, I just like the idea of the clerk thrust into this militant world, such a polar opposite to both Zeta/Sentinel and to Megatron, and having to rely on experienced friends like Prowl and Jazz as his skills developed.

Like I said, I know it doesn't make much sense, but I still like it.
Iacon_Pax
Transforumer

Next

Return to Transformers