Issue #9 Discussion

Bustin' makes us feel good! So do Ghostbusters comics, so let's talk about 'em, folks!

Postby Erik Burnham » Fri May 11, 2012 5:49 am

Once, I'd offered to help. Jones laughed at me, then.

KARMA, JONES! KARMA!

lol.

Seriously, good vibes to Melbourne. I hope he comes through it without carpal tunnel!
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham
Forum Zombie

Postby GhstbstrLMLIII » Fri May 11, 2012 8:42 am

Good luck Tristan! (And good luck to those of us who will try to track one of these masterpieces down!) I saw the preview of Seattle and it looked great!

and mrmichaelt - great job on the GB wiki site! I finally got a chance to check it out and you've got some great pics and screen grabs on there.
GhstbstrLMLIII
Slayer

Postby mrmichaelt » Fri May 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Erik Burnham wrote:Seriously, good vibes to Melbourne. I hope he comes through it without carpal tunnel!
Seriously! He's going to have to wear a brace or cast after he's done. Wouldn't he have to do at least 30 covers a day to get it done in time?!

GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:and mrmichaelt - great job on the GB wiki site! I finally got a chance to check it out and you've got some great pics and screen grabs on there.
Thanks, I do my part.
mrmichaelt
Forum Zombie

Postby GhstbstrLMLIII » Tue May 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Do we have any kind of sneak or preview as to what cities he's working on? (I know we've seen Seattle, but do we know of any more? I would imagine that New York will be one of them.)

Greedily, I would love to know if I should be on the hunt for a Texas city!
GhstbstrLMLIII
Slayer

Postby T-Rex Jones » Tue May 15, 2012 4:12 pm

GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:Do we have any kind of sneak or preview as to what cities he's working on? (I know we've seen Seattle, but do we know of any more? I would imagine that New York will be one of them.)

Greedily, I would love to know if I should be on the hunt for a Texas city!

Apparently I'm doing at least three different covers in Texas, as there are three Lone Star Comics stores in three different towns that way...

I'll also be doing one or two Ghostbusters Fans covers, at least four Chicago covers, one Fort Wayne (which is cool, because there's a Fort Wayne one under the Detroit one I did for the ACTUAL #9 cover ;) ) and a New York one that I have a rad idea for. That's barely an icicle on the 'berg...
T-Rex Jones
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby GhstbstrLMLIII » Wed May 16, 2012 2:13 pm

T-Rex Jones wrote:Apparently I'm doing at least three different covers in Texas, as there are three Lone Star Comics stores in three different towns that way...
Sweet!! Thanks for the info. Good luck with getting them all done.
GhstbstrLMLIII
Slayer

Postby mrmichaelt » Thu May 17, 2012 9:18 pm

So according to Mr. Burnham, #9 is looking like it may be delayed again to a May 30th release. Reminds me of when #1 came out. Meh, they got no more weeks left in May to delay to.

Word has it that Ghostbusters #9 is bumped back one week to May 30. Just an FYI! (:
mrmichaelt
Forum Zombie

Postby GhstbstrLMLIII » Fri May 18, 2012 8:10 am

Appreciate the update. I was wondering because it wasn't on lists down here at Bedrock City Comics for delivery next week, and it wasn't listed by Graham Cracker comics either.

IDW hasn't missed a proper month release yet, so I'm ok with it. (Which is SO much more than we can say for 88mph). I just hope that the deliveries in Houston get made on time. For # 8, not a single shop down here got it on release day; but a week later.
GhstbstrLMLIII
Slayer

Postby Erik Burnham » Fri May 18, 2012 9:13 am

#8's delay, IIRC, was because of a truck accident... stores in one region (Texas and...?) were delayed, the rest got 'em on time. (:

#9 was, I think, some hiccup at Diamond? Not 100% sure, but these things happen. The book's done and ready, though, so at least the creative team won't be tarred and feathered.

You know. Again.
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham
Forum Zombie

Postby GhstbstrLMLIII » Mon May 21, 2012 8:09 am

Thanks for the info Erik! I'm not out to tar and feather y'all at all! I figured it was on the distribution end somewhere.
GhstbstrLMLIII
Slayer

Postby Fritz Baugh » Mon May 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Lol...IDW really has spoiled us, hasn't they? All these Ghostbuster comics coming out one month after another, eight in a row (thus far)

<old guy voice> I remember back in Two Thousand Aught Four, when it took a different publisher a whole year to just get a four issue mini-series out. A couple weeks is nothing, you durn kids...and get off my lawn! </old guy voice>
:P
"Sometimes I think the universe just waits for me to get cocky"--Dr. Egon Spengler
Fritz Baugh
Slayer

Postby mrmichaelt » Fri May 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Here's the #9 preview It's exciting, just 7 pages in! Loved all the urban legend and Detroit lore, at least I think those were - Crybaby Bridge, the Spirit of Detroit, the Goddess of Bella Isle, Red Gnome, Robo-Cop. And looks like the prosecutor from GBII moved cities after the Scoleri fiasco. :wink:

Ecto-2's got some neat stuff in there. Was rather surprised at what Egon was looking at.

Tristan Jones also set up a tumblr account to showcase all of the sketch covers.
mrmichaelt
Forum Zombie

Postby The Rookie » Sun May 27, 2012 8:04 pm

LOOKIE LOOKIE LOOKIE! I SAW THE ROOKIE!
The Rookie
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby mrmichaelt » Mon May 28, 2012 3:58 am

The Rookie wrote:LOOKIE LOOKIE LOOKIE! I SAW THE ROOKIE!
Man, I wish I had $150+tax and lived in Chicago... sorta.
mrmichaelt
Forum Zombie

Postby ectobuster » Mon May 28, 2012 7:40 am

I like that cover with the window and all the spooks...does remind me at the exorcist poster.

can't wait to read this one ;)

Best regards,

Robert
ectobuster
Slayer

PreviousNext

Return to Ghostbusters