Thoughts On Marvel's The Avengers Film

Random topics, one-shots, lurid stories, and off-subject banter. Have fun!

Moderators: tronprogram, Ryall, JohnBarber, CarlosG86, Sprite, Bobby Curnow, Denton J. Tipton

Postby Viceroy » Mon May 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Heads up, guys and gals. According to the Wikipedia, The Avengers currently earned..$654 Million Dollars to date! Shows what can be done when a comic book based film is done with a director and with writers who respect the source material and not 're invent the wheel.'
Hope Avengers 2 will be announced real soon.
And I like the post credit scene with the Avengers having shawarmas. Marvel's heroes have always been people first.
If only the GI Joe film was blessed with the same level of respect for the characters and with respect to the source material and fanbase...
Marvel really is the House of Ideas.
"Let us renew our faith and our hope. We have every right to dream heroic dreams!"
-President Ronald W. Reagan
"That's how an author should talk! How manly!"
-Michelle Cheung, R.O.D. The TV
Viceroy
Transforumer

Postby Viceroy » Mon May 14, 2012 6:38 pm

The Avengers have made more than $1 Billion Dollars as of this day according to Wikipedia,and a sequel is has been approved by Walt Disney! Wa- Hooo!!
"Let us renew our faith and our hope. We have every right to dream heroic dreams!"
Viceroy
Transforumer

Postby Mamu_Nestor » Mon May 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Viceroy wrote:The Avengers have made more than $1 Billion Dollars as of this day according to Wikipedia,and a sequel is has been approved by Walt Disney! Wa- Hooo!!

I don't believe a sequel was ever in question. I just hope Joss or someone with a similar love of the property does the next one...
Author: Karate is Self-Defense Available at Amazon.com. Kindle version available.
Mamu_Nestor
Transforumer

Postby FDrowned » Tue May 15, 2012 11:39 am

Speaking of Sequels. Marvel announced 2 movies for 2014. One was recently revealed to be Captain America 2. What do you think the other is?

Avengers 2, or maybe a Nick Fury/SHIELD movie.

Ant Man perhaps
FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby temple » Tue May 15, 2012 11:59 am

FDrowned wrote:Speaking of Sequels. Marvel announced 2 movies for 2014. One was recently revealed to be Captain America 2. What do you think the other is?

Ant Man perhaps

Either Avengers 2 (might be 2015 tho') or a belated Hulk 2, I reckon.

I would see an Ant Man movie though...
temple
Transforumer

Postby Mamu_Nestor » Tue May 15, 2012 12:28 pm

FDrowned wrote:Speaking of Sequels. Marvel announced 2 movies for 2014. One was recently revealed to be Captain America 2. What do you think the other is?

Ant Man perhaps

Iron Man 3
Author: Karate is Self-Defense Available at Amazon.com. Kindle version available.
Mamu_Nestor
Transforumer

Postby FDrowned » Tue May 15, 2012 1:08 pm

Mamu_Nestor wrote:

Ant Man perhaps

Iron Man 3

Iron Man 3 is already set for 2013 (along with Thor 2)
FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby FDrowned » Tue May 15, 2012 1:10 pm

temple wrote:

Ant Man perhaps

Would make sense for it to be Avengers 2 with Captain America 2 being the lead in.

A Ruffalo Hulk movie could be good if done right. But there's definitely potential in a Fury/Black Widow/Hawkeye movie.
FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby Mamu_Nestor » Tue May 15, 2012 1:47 pm

FDrowned wrote:
temple wrote:

Ant Man perhaps

Would make sense for it to be Avengers 2 with Captain America 2 being the lead in.

A Ruffalo Hulk movie could be good if done right. But there's definitely potential in a Fury/Black Widow/Hawkeye movie.

Rumor is Joss is working on a black widow movie... But I don't think it will be next year. I would bet on Hulk or SHIELD
Mamu_Nestor
Transforumer

Postby temple » Tue May 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Now that the Marvel Cinematic Universe is up and running (and more importantly, audiences have bought it), maybe we'll see them turning to more esoteric character choices. Dunno whether they'd find a big enough audience, but in the right hands, movies that could work include:

Black Panther (possible future Avenger, too)
Doctor Strange (Definitely leftfield)
Luke Cage/Iron Fist (Possibly even seventies-set)
Rebooted Daredevil (I think they've got him back now)
Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel (if they're going cosmic)
She Hulk (spinoff if they do a Hulk 2)
Ant Man/Giant Man and the Wasp (future Avengers again)
...etc, etc.
temple
Transforumer

Postby Mamu_Nestor » Tue May 15, 2012 4:27 pm

I do believe there is serious consideration for Ant man, I would love to see an Iron Fist too.
Mamu_Nestor
Transforumer

Postby HdE » Tue May 15, 2012 7:33 pm

I'd love to see a decent movie take on Ms. Marvel. Provided it wasn't turned into a skin-fest, there'd be a lot of places they could take that.

Say - I do believe Marvel Studios have the rights (back) for the Punisher now. There's a character who SORELY needs a decent movie!
I letter comics. Quite a bit.
You want a web comic? Oh, go on, then! http://brokengoddessathena.wordpress.com/about/ (some mild language, kids!)
HdE
Transforumer

Postby FDrowned » Wed May 16, 2012 1:52 am

FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby Viceroy » Thu May 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Well, a live action Nick Fury/SHIELD film would be cool. I hope Nick and Maria Hill play major roles. I love the way Cobie Smulders portrayed Maria Hill in The Avengers. Retaliation's Lady Jaye can learn a lot from her.
A Ms. Marvel film would be cool. Maybe either Jessica Alba or Cameron Diaz can be in the role.
I doubt it'll be a skin fest though, since Ms. Marvel's outfit isn't as revealing lately. Still having a major superheroine movie that's a box office hit would be cool.
Spider Man 4 is said to be a remake so he can be in Avengers 2. Let's see.

Other Marvel Superheroes I'd like to see on the big screen:
Black Widow: They say Joss Whedon is already working on the story.
Spider Girl
The Invaders: Capt. America's World War II Superhero team with The original Human Torch (who's cooler than Johnny Storm), The Sub Mariner, Bucky, Union Jack and Spitfire.
Moon Knight : IMHO he's cooler than Batman.
Viceroy
Transforumer

Postby The Rev » Sun May 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Finally saw it today. Superb! :D
The Rev
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Chit-Chat