POV character for future RiD issue - your choice

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Who do you want John Barber to use as a POV character in RiD?

Arcee
11%
Dirge
7%
Metalhawk
29%
Soundwave
18%
Sideswipe
7%
Tappet
No votes
Sky Lynx
11%
Bluestreak
7%
Shockwave
11%

Total votes : 28

Postby ATrain » Tue May 01, 2012 10:22 am

I want shockwave as i loved his spotlight and i think it would give an issue where the Decepticons dont seem so pathetic unless he gets killed too :lol:
ATrain
Transforumer

Postby Snake Pliskin-o-bot » Tue May 01, 2012 11:22 am

HdE wrote:I voted Sideswipe because - to me - he's always been one of the under-rated cool-aft characters.

PLUS - lots of potential there, given his belligerent attitude in DoOP. Quite a bit different to what we saw of him in AHM, which was a progression from where he was in his Spotlight issue.

And, he has a new paint job. How did all those things come about?

I've voted Sideswipe too, but I'd take it one step further and say that I'd like an issue from both his and Sunstreaker's perspectives.

I say this, partially from the point of view that I'm an unabashed Sunstreaker fan, but also because I was personally surprised that it was Sideswipe who stuck around on Cybertron and Sunstreaker who went off on Rodimus' voyage. I really would have expected it to be the other way around. Sunstreaker's recent off-world experiences could have easily been enough to put him off leaving the relative safety of Cybertron again anytime soon.
So why did he go? Respect for Rodimus, following the brief time he spent with him in the ongoing? I don't see him as being that sentimental. Ironhide's still on Cybertron and Sunny and him seemed to be getting on well enough as a duo, but that's not influenced his decision to stay at all. Is he still looking for a fresh start, following the events of AHM? Maybe he felt he fit in better with the misfits on Rodimus' mission. Or did he just want to take Bob for the mother of all walks??

And on the other hand; why did Sideswipe stick around to play the role of security guard? From what we know of him he'd be the first to jump at the chance of an interstellar adventure, to further test his mettle against whatever the universe has to throw at him. He's obviously bored in his current role, just itching for something exciting to happen. Is it due to the feelings he expressed in AHM, whereby he no longer wants to be involved in the TFs affairs spreading to other civilisations, so he'd rather find what fun he can ('hammering' NAILS. And Cons) at home? And why did his colour scheme change in DooP? (He's back to the red now, HdE, just so you know, by the way)

I think there's a load of story potential there (even if we just limit this to Sideswipe, seeing as we're discussing RiD. But come on, you all know you love Sunny too! :D )
Snake Pliskin-o-bot
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Tue May 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Maybe Sunstreaker just wanted to start over. He did betray the Autobots... and although it seems they might have done the "forgiving", maybe the "forgetting" wasn't so easy.
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby HdE » Tue May 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Snake Pliskin-o-bot wrote: And why did his colour scheme change in DooP? (He's back to the red now, HdE, just so you know, by the way)

He is? Dang - things move fast in comics these days!

For what it's worth - IDW Sunstreaker is still one of my favourite characters in the series. He seem to be un-mess-uppable now.
I letter comics. Quite a bit.

HdE
Transforumer

Postby CyclonusArmada » Wed May 02, 2012 7:08 am

So its like Spotlight but without the title? In that case I voted Arcee as her Spotlight was one of the best of the series and she always lights up any scene shes in, usually with Some other bots guts, but still.
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:46 am

CyclonusArmada wrote:So its like Spotlight but without the title? In that case I voted Arcee as her Spotlight was one of the best of the series and she always lights up any scene shes in, usually with Some other bots guts, but still.

Kinda but its seeing events unfold through the eyes of a certain bot for that issue and commenting on those events from that characters POV
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby CyclonusArmada » Wed May 02, 2012 7:53 am

Definitely Arcee then. Crazy viewpoints are always more interesting.
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:17 am

CyclonusArmada wrote:Definitely Arcee then. Crazy viewpoints are always more interesting.

Yeah and Id love to see what she really thought of Prowl too.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby blackzoid2 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:00 pm

I'd go with everyone BUT Metalhawk. It would spoil too much if we actually got his POV. I like him being the unknown factor.
blackzoid2
Transforumer

Postby Soundwave » Wed May 02, 2012 5:47 pm

I nominate myself as the new lea... Err... POV!

😄
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
Soundwave
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:33 am

Soundwave wrote:I nominate myself as the new lea... Err... POV!

😄

It must be annoying Soundwave no end that he cant talk but he certainly can think so it would be interesting to see what he thinks of events.
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby CyclonusArmada » Thu May 03, 2012 6:37 am

Soundwave wrote:I nominate myself as the new lea... Err... POV!

��

Said with full irony that that phrase was a virtual kiss of death.. Almost up there with "Is that you?" :lol:
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Previous

Return to Transformers