Transformers MTMTE #4: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby bassbot » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:45 am

Sprite wrote:It's also reminiscent of a soldier having to adjust to life after the war, isn't it? All that adrenalin and aggression which has nowhere to go... A common motive for domestic abuse.

Now you're making me think of Cyclonus and Tailgate as an old married couple...
Twitter: @lukeabarnett
Lukeabarnett writes on tumblr
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:27 am

No, that's Ultra Magnus and Rodimus. And Chromedome and Rewind are the lovey-dovey couple. :P
Drift is the hero-worshiping younger brother.
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:00 am

Its reminding me a bit of the series Homeland were an ex prisoner returns to family life but has not fully adjusted to family life.

As others have said those that have lived life on the edge in a war zone find it hard to adjust to normal life taking it out on family and loved ones. I think this is only one aspect of the story though. Cyclonus has issues he needs sorting out as does Whirl.

I think FM and First Aid will join the Lost Light and Ratchet (if he survives) will try to groom him as his successor.

Cant see Pipes surviving but I hope Drift does.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 am

Well, he has to. Considering

Spoiler Dude wrote:according to the IDW panel at BotCon James has big plans for Drift.

Been giving the whole Tailgate situation some more thought, what with the images that leaked out of BotCon... would be interesting to see Ultra Magnus take him under his wing. Especially what with the threat UM gave Cyclonus in #2...
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:21 am

Sprite wrote:Well, he has to. Considering

Spoiler Dude wrote:according to the IDW panel at BotCon James has big plans for Drift.

Been giving the whole Tailgate situation some more thought, what with the images that leaked out of BotCon... would be interesting to see Ultra Magnus take him under his wing. Especially what with the threat UM gave Cyclonus in #2...

Magnus as a father figure to Tailgate would be cool. It would stop Cyclonus beating up Tailgate if he knows Magnus will come down hard on him.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:39 am

Hey, here's something peculiar:

Ambulon. Doesn't have a badge. :shock:
OK to print.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:48 am

Sprite wrote:Hey, here's something peculiar:

Ambulon. Doesn't have a badge. :shock:

Hes a neutral maybe? Even if hes assisting the autobots.?

Strange one
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:52 am

Well, we know from the underlying purple paint he probably used to be a Decepticon... Perhaps they were willing to accept him as a medic at Delphi, but not as an Autobot. Or it might be a "doctor first, soldier second" kind of thing.
OK to print.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:54 am

Sprite wrote:Well, we know from the underlying purple paint he probably used to be a Decepticon... Perhaps they were willing to accept him as a medic at Delphi, but not as an Autobot. Or it might be a "doctor first, soldier second" kind of thing.

A former Con who decided rather then be an Autobot be a neutral as he didn't want to be an Autobot either.
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby bassbot » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:31 am

You made me go back and take another look and you're totally correct. The big splash panel with Pharma showcases his and Ratchet's Autobot badges and Ambulon's is noticeably missing. Good spotting!
Twitter: @lukeabarnett
Lukeabarnett writes on tumblr
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:39 am

bassbot wrote:You made me go back and take another look and you're totally correct. The big splash panel with Pharma showcases his and Ratchet's Autobot badges and Ambulon's is noticeably missing. Good spotting!

I think its significant. He could be swayed to become an Autobot
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:23 am

bassbot wrote:You made me go back and take another look and you're totally correct. The big splash panel with Pharma showcases his and Ratchet's Autobot badges and Ambulon's is noticeably missing. Good spotting!

Truthfully Urzu Six's spotting, not mine. Came up in a chat.
OK to print.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:44 am

I have to study things a bit more :lol:

Theres so much story being revealed in the art as well as whats said.
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:17 pm

Here's another something which might, or might not be significant.

In MTMTE#4, there's talk about how the best medics might be forged. And Ratchet says about his hands "you can't build hands like these".

What's funny is that he actually did build a set of hands not one issue ago! In #3, Rodimus says Ratchet rebuilt his arms from scratch. Gotta wonder, does that mean Rodimus was constructed cold?

Also, there's a line from Ratchet from a long, long time ago: "my proto-batch initiator told me there'd be days like this" (or something to that effect). I always wondered, what exactly is a proto-batch initiator and will we get to see one? Or has this been retconned out of existence and forgotten?
OK to print.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Dire 51 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Sprite wrote:Well, we know from the underlying purple paint he probably used to be a Decepticon... Perhaps they were willing to accept him as a medic at Delphi, but not as an Autobot. Or it might be a "doctor first, soldier second" kind of thing.

It'd be cool if it were Misfire, the magenta Targetmaster.
Dire 51
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers