Transformers Autocracy #8: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Transformers Autocracy #8: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Postby tronprogram » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:45 am

There are no problems, only solutions.

tronprogram
Transforumer

Postby AutobotWarrior » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Is this gonna be TPB? I've missed all the other issues. :(
Everything is Ok to print :)
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer

Postby xtro guyver » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:18 pm

AutobotWarrior wrote:Is this gonna be TPB? I've missed all the other issues. :(

how can you miss it, its a digital comic, they are all up at comixology for 99c each issue for android, ipad or pc

thought a trade is planned its up for pre order on amazon
xtro guyver
Transforumer

Postby AutobotWarrior » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:23 pm

xtro guyver wrote:

how can you miss it, its a digital comic, they are all up at comixology for 99c each issue for android, ipad or pc

Comixology a good secure site to order from? Never done the whole digital comic thing before.
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer

Postby xtro guyver » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:09 am

AutobotWarrior wrote:
xtro guyver wrote:

Comixology a good secure site to order from? Never done the whole digital comic thing before.

Its all good, never had any problem with them, if your not sure about it, the site does have some free comics you can try to see how it works
xtro guyver
Transforumer

Postby AutobotWarrior » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:25 am

Thanks!
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer

Postby General Tekno » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:26 am

Well, solid read.
Big Time Toons - updated Tuesdays!

And what I say is OK to Print!
General Tekno
Transforumer

Postby Thunderwing » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 am

Some nice action in this one.

And this installment has the power of RIVAL FUSION! Which I always dig.

My only gripe is...

Roberts has been hinting more toward the fact that Zeta Prime was assassinated in public, likely by Megatron with a giant sniper rifle (as seen in MTMTE # 3), but here he dies in a relatively-private location. His head is still "comprehensively-emptied" (as described in Bullets), but there's a degree of squinting involved to get this to work here.
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby General Tekno » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:33 am

I was kinda wondering about that too, honestly. As a sniper rifle was kinda implied.

Also, Magnus helping the Autobots seemed OOC. I figured he'd be like Zeta's Javert - more interested in the rule of the law rather than whether the law is right.
Big Time Toons - updated Tuesdays!

And what I say is OK to Print!
General Tekno
Transforumer

Postby Anzati » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:34 am

Thunderwing wrote:Roberts has been hinting more toward the fact that Zeta Prime was assassinated in public, likely by Megatron with a giant sniper rifle (as seen in MTMTE # 3)...
General Tekno wrote:I was kinda wondering about that too, honestly. As a sniper rifle was kinda implied.

Where abouts were these implications? I seem to have missed them completely. I've just been through MTMTE again and didn't see anything like that :(
Anzati
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Brian Mays » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:55 am

I think they heard me cheer in the office here when Zeta and Megatron tangled :-)

Love this series!
Brian Mays
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 am

Anzati wrote:
Thunderwing wrote:Roberts has been hinting more toward the fact that Zeta Prime was assassinated in public, likely by Megatron with a giant sniper rifle (as seen in MTMTE # 3)...
General Tekno wrote:I was kinda wondering about that too, honestly. As a sniper rifle was kinda implied.

Where abouts were these implications? I seem to have missed them completely. I've just been through MTMTE again and didn't see anything like that :(

It's been pretty explicitly mentioned that Zeta was assassinated in the LSOTW extra prose story Bullets. In the flashback scene in MTMTE#3 we see Megatron with a gun.
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Soundwave » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:52 am

Hmmm, good stuff, Megatron may be truly, the ultimate bastard.

And Shockwave....whoa....amplified in gun mode indeed!
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
Soundwave
Transforumer

Postby Anzati » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Sprite wrote:
Anzati wrote:

It's been pretty explicitly mentioned that Zeta was assassinated in the LSOTW extra prose story Bullets. In the flashback scene in MTMTE#3 we see Megatron with a gun.

But Bullets doesn't say at all that Zeta was assassinated...unless I missed something...the paragraph that was referred to above just said:

'...a Decepticon's bullet had comprehensively emptied the back of an Autobot's head and the whole world had started to unravel.'

Which is incredably vague and could be read many ways...are there more vague mentions like this that help to better connect the dots?

Also that image of Megatron in MtMtE #3 does not relate to anything specific...so I'm a bit puzzled as to how the conclusions drawn above came about and how they don't tie neatly with this issue of Autocracy without squinting...
Anzati
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Sprite » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Oh. You want Bullets in the LSOTW hardcover collection. James changed it a bit.

In the original version of Bullets, James wrote:...when a Decepticon's bullet had comprehensively emptied the back of an Autobot's head and the world had started to unravel...

In the hardcover version of Bullets, James wrote:...when a sniper's bullet had comprehensively emptied the back of Zeta Prime's head...
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Next

Return to Transformers