Transformers Autocracy #8: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Transformers Autocracy #8: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Postby tronprogram » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:45 am

There are no problems, only solutions.

Image
User avatar
tronprogram
Transforumer
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:35 am
Location: England

Postby AutobotWarrior » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Is this gonna be TPB? I've missed all the other issues. :(
Everything is Ok to print :)
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:54 pm

Postby xtro guyver » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:18 pm

AutobotWarrior wrote:Is this gonna be TPB? I've missed all the other issues. :(


how can you miss it, its a digital comic, they are all up at comixology for 99c each issue for android, ipad or pc

thought a trade is planned its up for pre order on amazon
User avatar
xtro guyver
Transforumer
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:48 am
Location: UK

Postby AutobotWarrior » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:23 pm

xtro guyver wrote:
AutobotWarrior wrote:Is this gonna be TPB? I've missed all the other issues. :(


how can you miss it, its a digital comic, they are all up at comixology for 99c each issue for android, ipad or pc

thought a trade is planned its up for pre order on amazon


Comixology a good secure site to order from? Never done the whole digital comic thing before.
Everything is Ok to print :)
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:54 pm

Postby xtro guyver » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:09 am

AutobotWarrior wrote:
xtro guyver wrote:
AutobotWarrior wrote:Is this gonna be TPB? I've missed all the other issues. :(


how can you miss it, its a digital comic, they are all up at comixology for 99c each issue for android, ipad or pc

thought a trade is planned its up for pre order on amazon


Comixology a good secure site to order from? Never done the whole digital comic thing before.


Its all good, never had any problem with them, if your not sure about it, the site does have some free comics you can try to see how it works
User avatar
xtro guyver
Transforumer
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:48 am
Location: UK

Postby AutobotWarrior » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:25 am

Thanks!
Everything is Ok to print :)
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:54 pm

Postby General Tekno » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:26 am

Well, solid read.
Image
Big Time Toons - updated Tuesdays!


And what I say is OK to Print!
User avatar
General Tekno
Transforumer
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Thunderwing » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 am

Some nice action in this one.

And this installment has the power of RIVAL FUSION! Which I always dig.

My only gripe is...

Roberts has been hinting more toward the fact that Zeta Prime was assassinated in public, likely by Megatron with a giant sniper rifle (as seen in MTMTE # 3), but here he dies in a relatively-private location. His head is still "comprehensively-emptied" (as described in Bullets), but there's a degree of squinting involved to get this to work here.
User avatar
Thunderwing
Transforumer
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:44 am

Postby General Tekno » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:33 am

I was kinda wondering about that too, honestly. As a sniper rifle was kinda implied.

Also, Magnus helping the Autobots seemed OOC. I figured he'd be like Zeta's Javert - more interested in the rule of the law rather than whether the law is right.
Image
Big Time Toons - updated Tuesdays!


And what I say is OK to Print!
User avatar
General Tekno
Transforumer
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Anzati » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:34 am

Thunderwing wrote:Roberts has been hinting more toward the fact that Zeta Prime was assassinated in public, likely by Megatron with a giant sniper rifle (as seen in MTMTE # 3)...
General Tekno wrote:I was kinda wondering about that too, honestly. As a sniper rifle was kinda implied.


Where abouts were these implications? I seem to have missed them completely. I've just been through MTMTE again and didn't see anything like that :(
Image
Anzati
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Peterborough, UK

Postby Brian Mays » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:55 am

I think they heard me cheer in the office here when Zeta and Megatron tangled :-)

Love this series!
User avatar
Brian Mays
Transforumer
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:02 am

Postby Sprite » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 am

Anzati wrote:
Thunderwing wrote:Roberts has been hinting more toward the fact that Zeta Prime was assassinated in public, likely by Megatron with a giant sniper rifle (as seen in MTMTE # 3)...
General Tekno wrote:I was kinda wondering about that too, honestly. As a sniper rifle was kinda implied.


Where abouts were these implications? I seem to have missed them completely. I've just been through MTMTE again and didn't see anything like that :(


It's been pretty explicitly mentioned that Zeta was assassinated in the LSOTW extra prose story Bullets. In the flashback scene in MTMTE#3 we see Megatron with a gun.
Image
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
User avatar
Sprite
Transforumer
 
Posts: 16494
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:53 am
Location: The Lost Light

Postby Soundwave » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:52 am

Hmmm, good stuff, Megatron may be truly, the ultimate bastard.

And Shockwave....whoa....amplified in gun mode indeed!
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
User avatar
Soundwave
Transforumer
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:55 am
Location: South Florida

Postby Anzati » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Sprite wrote:
Anzati wrote:
Thunderwing wrote:Roberts has been hinting more toward the fact that Zeta Prime was assassinated in public, likely by Megatron with a giant sniper rifle (as seen in MTMTE # 3)...
General Tekno wrote:I was kinda wondering about that too, honestly. As a sniper rifle was kinda implied.


Where abouts were these implications? I seem to have missed them completely. I've just been through MTMTE again and didn't see anything like that :(


It's been pretty explicitly mentioned that Zeta was assassinated in the LSOTW extra prose story Bullets. In the flashback scene in MTMTE#3 we see Megatron with a gun.


But Bullets doesn't say at all that Zeta was assassinated...unless I missed something...the paragraph that was referred to above just said:

'...a Decepticon's bullet had comprehensively emptied the back of an Autobot's head and the whole world had started to unravel.'

Which is incredably vague and could be read many ways...are there more vague mentions like this that help to better connect the dots?

Also that image of Megatron in MtMtE #3 does not relate to anything specific...so I'm a bit puzzled as to how the conclusions drawn above came about and how they don't tie neatly with this issue of Autocracy without squinting...
Image
Anzati
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Peterborough, UK

Postby Sprite » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Oh. You want Bullets in the LSOTW hardcover collection. James changed it a bit.

In the original version of Bullets, James wrote:...when a Decepticon's bullet had comprehensively emptied the back of an Autobot's head and the world had started to unravel...


In the hardcover version of Bullets, James wrote:...when a sniper's bullet had comprehensively emptied the back of Zeta Prime's head...
Image
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
User avatar
Sprite
Transforumer
 
Posts: 16494
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:53 am
Location: The Lost Light

Next

Return to Transformers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests