IDW solicitations for July

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby Thunderwing » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:31 am

I do not recognize My Little Pony as a governing force on the Internet.

TRY AGAIN!

8)
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:39 am

...you don't really want me to break out the Transformers yaoi, do you? :twisted:
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby blackzoid2 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:43 am

I know its not a serious cover but does anyone else find the Megatron on Regeneration 1 as a bit........stumpy? His lines are reminding me a bit of Heart of Darkness Galvatron (though not as bad). As in not to be taken seriously. Not a big knock as I am sure the series will be great, but just a niggle for me. It doesn't seem like a 100% continuation of Andrew's lines of Megatron from back in the day.
blackzoid2
Transforumer

Postby Soundwave » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:50 am

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... 805/24538/

Spoiled 80.5 I read it, still want it.

Soundwave action!!! Wooooo hooooo!!
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
Soundwave
Transforumer

Postby HdE » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:56 am

How it pains me to do this to one of my bestist online buds.

Thunderwing wrote:I do not recognize My Little Pony as a governing force on the Internet.

TRY AGAIN!

8)

Whooooo - ATATATATATATATA!

[fists fly at light speed]

I have just pressed 'tampopo', one of your body's secret pressure points. When I remove my hand from this wound, you will have exactly 7 seconds to reflect on every douchey comment you've made online, and feel GENUINE, HEART-RENDING REMORSE over them.

Then - possibly - your head might explode.

Omae wa mo shinderu!
I letter comics. Quite a bit.
You want a web comic? Oh, go on, then! http://brokengoddessathena.wordpress.com/about/ (some mild language, kids!)
HdE
Transforumer

Postby Thunderwing » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Afraid I don't have a heart, friend.

You should try evil as a new career choice. It has a LOT to offer.

:twisted:

Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby Cattleprod » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:30 pm

IDW posted the full solicitation text so I was finally able to get the TPB info.

TRANSFORMERS: Regeneration One 100-Page Spectacular
Simon Furman (w) • Andrew Wildman & Stephen Baskerville (a) • Wildman (c)
GET READY FOR REGENERATION ONE! For the first time in nearly a decade the final issues of the original run of TRANSFORMERS are back—just in time for the story to continue in TRANSFORMERS: REGENERATION ONE #81! Following a planet-shattering battle with UNICRON, OPTIMUS PRIME has fallen! How will the other AUTOBOTScarry on—and will PRIME be back in time for CYBERTRON's darkest hour? Reprinting THE TRANSFORMERS #76-80!
FC • 100 pages • $7.99

*Variant covers:
Guido Guidi variant retro cover!

Bullet points:
• The last issues of the original TRANSFORMERS comic series—by the same writer, penciler, and inker as REGENERATION ONE #81!
• Fan favorite characters meet their final fates!
• Includes the legendary "END OF THE ROAD"!

TRANSFORMERS: Autocracy
Chris Metzen & Flint Dille (w) • Livio Ramendelli (a & c)
Before Optimus became a Prime... he fought for order. Before MEGATRON became a conquerer... he fought for freedom. Before they were enemies... they stood against—Autocracy. Writers Chris Metzen (World of Warcraft) and Flint Dille (original TRANSFORMERS animated series) are joined by artist Livio Ramondelli (TRANSFORMERS: Chaos) to bring you an IDW comics event five million years in the making.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 120 pages • ISBN 978-1-61377-290-4

Bullet points:
• The smash-hit digital comic, collected in print for the first time!

TRANSFORMERS: Robots in Disguise, Vol. 1
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
The war for Cybertron is over—now the hard part begins! BUMBLEBEE and his fellow AUTOBOTS struggle to maintain control of a world without OPTIMUS PRIME! Bumblebee's provisional government is struggling and Prowl defends it against the DECEPTICONS but how far will he go—and who will chose to stand by his side?
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 124 pages • ISBN 978-1-61377-291-1

Bullet points:
• The smash-hit re-launch collected in trade paperback!

Infestation 2, Vol. 2
Mike Raicht & Chuck Dixon (w) • Valentine DeLandro & Guido Guidi (a) • Livio Ramendelli (c)
The Lovecraftian monsters invade the worlds of TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE in INFESTATION 2. It's a steam-punk world in the grips of panic as terrifying beings from the depths of the ocean corrupt both humans and DECEPTICONS! Meanwhile, COBRA has always had a penchant for dark experiments. This time they've gone too far and opened a portal to a realm of violence and madness. As squadron after squadron of Cobra Vipers falls under the thrall of the Elder Gods there seems no way to stop the hideous transformations that are taking place. Can SNAKE EYES stop it?
TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 pages • ISBN 978-1-61377-280-5
Cattleprod
Transforumer

Postby bassbot » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:04 pm

blackzoid2 wrote:I know its not a serious cover but does anyone else find the Megatron on Regeneration 1 as a bit........stumpy? His lines are reminding me a bit of Heart of Darkness Galvatron (though not as bad). As in not to be taken seriously. Not a big knock as I am sure the series will be great, but just a niggle for me. It doesn't seem like a 100% continuation of Andrew's lines of Megatron from back in the day.

Well, I think that's an impossible goal and expectation 20 yrs later. 100%? That's impossible, no?
Twitter: @lukeabarnett
Lukeabarnett writes on tumblr
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby KJ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:13 am

Soundwave wrote:http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/summary-of-idws-transformers-regeneration-one-805/24538/

Spoiled 80.5 I read it, still want it.

Soundwave action!!! Wooooo hooooo!!

I do NOT want to be around you when you actually read the issue.
Proud Member Of The 'Resurrect Bumper' Club.

...A Club Of One.
KJ
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:41 am

bassbot wrote:
blackzoid2 wrote:I know its not a serious cover but does anyone else find the Megatron on Regeneration 1 as a bit........stumpy? His lines are reminding me a bit of Heart of Darkness Galvatron (though not as bad). As in not to be taken seriously. Not a big knock as I am sure the series will be great, but just a niggle for me. It doesn't seem like a 100% continuation of Andrew's lines of Megatron from back in the day.

Well, I think that's an impossible goal and expectation 20 yrs later. 100%? That's impossible, no?

We have to have realistic expectations about this. Im excited but if a design is slightly different then what it was 20 years ago then thats ok. The artist is older and his view of how the bots should look might be a bit different. From what I have seen it looks great.

Im not expecting a seamless continuation but will be surprised if it is. We are also older by twenty years so my expectations are different to what they were years ago. I look at comics differently now then I did. I have more respect for them now then perhaps I did. I am maybe a bit more critical now then I was.

Im still looking forward to it. Its not the second coming but its going to be a great story.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:45 am

Say, seeing as we got the DJD on the cover for MTMTE#7... I wonder if we'll get Chief Justice Tyrest on the next one? It's about time...
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:49 pm

Sprite wrote:Say, seeing as we got the DJD on the cover for MTMTE#7... I wonder if we'll get Chief Justice Tyrest on the next one? It's about time...

This must happen.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Re: IDW solicitations for July

Postby steve2275 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Sprite wrote:http://comicbookcritic.net/2012/04/13/idw-publishing-july-2012-solicitations/

Transformers: Regeneration One #81
Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #7
Transformers: Robots in Disguise Ongoing #7
those three
steve2275
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Sprite » Sun May 13, 2012 12:55 am

are awesome
OK to print.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby sifer6 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:02 am

Now that #6 is out, is it possible the DJD is after [redacted]?
sifer6
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers