Infestation 2: G.I. Joe #2 Preview/Discussion *SPOILERS*

Yo, Joe! The base of operations for your comments is open and ready for your transmissions.

Moderators: JohnBarber, CarlosG86, Bobby Curnow, Mariah, shanecdavis

Infestation 2: G.I. Joe #2 Preview/Discussion *SPOILERS*

Postby shanecdavis » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Image Image

Infestation 2: G.I. Joe #2 (of 2)

Mike Raicht (w) Valentine De Landro (a & c)

Unspeakable madness seeps out of the portal Cobra has opened, and it threatens to take over the entire Cobra base... and then spread across the globe! The only hope for survival lies in an unusual alliance between Snake Eyes and master-of-the-occult Crystal Ball. And who knows what role Storm Shadow will play! Pulse pounding horror excitement awaits!

FC 32 pages $3.99

*Variant covers:
Inter-connected "Tentacle Attack" cover! Connecting every Infestation 2 tie-in book!
Last edited by shanecdavis on Mon May 14, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shanecdavis
Transforumer

Postby Mamu_Nestor » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:12 pm

I enjoied how this played out. I think the mass hallucination thing would have been a nice touch. Just knowing that crystal ball collecting other doors, is kind of cool.
Author: Karate is Self-Defense Available at Amazon.com. Kindle version available.
Mamu_Nestor
Transforumer

Postby maczero » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Mamu_Nestor wrote:I enjoied how this played out. I think the mass hallucination thing would have been a nice touch. Just knowing that crystal ball collecting other doors, is kind of cool.
Yeah, I was thinking you could still go with hallucination since everyone turned back to normal. And those that were possessed had no memory of it. So I'm sticking with my "fungal agent associated with the statues caused the hallucinations" idea. That way I can still make this apart of the mainstream continuity without accepting the elder gods angle.

Anyway, decent read. I'm hoping we see Interrogator and his band of crazies again.
Need to buy, rent or sell a home in DC or Northern VA, then contact me at realtorva@verizon.net
maczero
Transforumer

Postby CrazyK » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:09 pm

I picked both of these up last Wed as we went Comic Shop Hopping looking for supplies (our regular shop carries the WORST bags!)...

I really liked this for what it was. I love seeing the Joes in something we would not "normally" see (as an "Elseworlds" type story) and I thought this was a great blend of classic Joe and Cobra storytelling with some Hellboy type strangeness thrown in. I love the fact that both "Infestation" tie-ins have introduced some "name" characters; who would have thought Dee Jay was gonna make an appearance??!!??

And leave it to a book about mystical gods of destruction to make Crystal F***ing BALL COOL!!! He was amazing in this story!

I liked the art a lot, too, and could easily see this in the regular COBRA book the next time Fuso needs a break. Agree?
"I... I don't believe it..."
"That. Is why you fail..."
CrazyK
Transforumer

Return to G.I. Joe