Transformers RID #3: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby ultramagnus1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:23 am

Anzati wrote:
polystyleneman wrote:Curious to see who completes the Easter Egg hunt in Wheeljack's lab first. :P

Haha loved the Sunbow Cyb mode WJ...will have to look for more when I'm not at work...

Just to give us a goal...how many Easter Eggs are there?

Whats this easter Egg hunt thing?
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Anzati » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:26 am

Look closely at the WJ lab panels of the preview...I've not found any actual eggs yet though :)
Anzati
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Thunderwing » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:36 am

Couple of things...

1. Is that a full-sized Fixit next to Streetwise on page 2?

2. Is that the meteor fragment from "War of the Dinobots" amongst Wheeljack's junk?

Ha.
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:38 am

Anzati wrote:Look closely at the WJ lab panels of the preview...I've not found any actual eggs yet though :)

Thanks Anzati I will
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Thunderwing » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:39 am

Also, I see a tiny replica of Wheeljack's original Cybertronian alt-mode on the work-bench.
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:42 am

Thunderwing wrote:Also, I see a tiny replica of Wheeljack's original Cybertronian alt-mode on the work-bench.

I saw that too
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby wade2501 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:32 am

Thunderwing wrote:Also, I see a tiny replica of Wheeljack's original Cybertronian alt-mode on the work-bench.

There also appears to be an old Atari joystick on the bench too.
ALL MY POSTS ARE *OK TO PRINT*
414+
wade2501
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:40 am

wade2501 wrote:

There also appears to be an old Atari joystick on the bench too.

Thats a real 80s symbol right there :lol:
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby polystyleneman » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:10 am

ultramagnus1 wrote:
Anzati wrote:
polystyleneman wrote:Curious to see who completes the Easter Egg hunt in Wheeljack's lab first. :P

Haha loved the Sunbow Cyb mode WJ...will have to look for more when I'm not at work...

Just to give us a goal...how many Easter Eggs are there?

Whats this easter Egg hunt thing?

Oh, there's no specific contest or anything but eagle-eyed fans should be able to point out a reference or two to LSotW, and maybe even a hint or two relating to MTMTE as well as plenty of 80s references. I can't even recall how many things are in there, but keep in mind this lab was part of Kimia and would have been used by Ironfist as well.
polystyleneman
Transforumer

Postby Kingoji » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 am

I see Wheeljack's original Cybertronian alt-mode model, the Sky-Sled Ironfist bartered for, a whole mess o' energy conductors from the first ever scene of the TransFormers cartoon, a joystick, and what appears to be the schematic for the Chronosphere from War Dawn.
Meteor sample indeed looks familiar, but I'm not sure I'd say it was the one from War of the Dinobots.

Print me easy!
Kingoji
Transforumer

Postby Focksbot » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 am

Generally strong preview, but a few things are really niggling me:

* Prowl and Starscream's attempt to convince the 'Cons that Ratbat killed himself is just pathetic. Starscream in particular comes across like someone who couldn't lie his way out of a paper bag, and Prowl should really have come up with a more convincing story than: "Hmm, evidence suggests Ratbat chopped off his own legs and one of his wings before pinning himself to the wall with his one remaining limb which is in no way capable of holding a sword."

Why not just pin the blame on one of the Decepticons, since he was surrounded by cutthroats at the time of his death? You'd think that would be both a cogent explanation and a way to sow disorder in the Decepticon ranks. Biggest clanger of the series sofar.

*edit* Oh, and the ridiculous sotto voce exchange in full view of all the gathered Decepticons. Honestly, what are you going to think if the two guys you think are lying start whispering behind their hands right in front of you?

* Griffiths' head/jaw configuration still bugs me, particularly when Prowl is clenching his teeth in the last panel. And I get that he's losing his grip somewhat, but must he be so easily baited by Metalhawk, whose verbal jabs are pretty weak, when all is said and done? I find myself really disappointed by Prowl in general - even on his off-days, he should be able to deal with a slightly abrasive diplomat. Remember him calculating exactly how Springer would react to certain information? He could employ 1/1000th of the brainpower in calculating that Metalhawk is going to keep implying that the Autobots have a tyrannical bent.

Wheeljack is cool though ("Hey, man - I'm a scientist" - great line), and the busy scenes are brilliantly controlled.
Last edited by Focksbot on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
My personal website - it needs more pictures!
Sidekick Books - I publish books here
Focksbot
Transforumer

Postby vguzz2 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:45 am

I think that explosion was caused by Megatron who doesn't like Autobots and Decepticons chatting together.. just my prediction
vguzz2
Transforumer

Postby ladywreck » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:46 am

zhgingaah wrote:Ladywreck, your honour remains intact and I'll get back in my box.

:P

I never lie about comic releases. As far as I was told it was out this week. And today I can actually talk about how awesome this comic is.

Review is on it's way!!
8)

polystyleneman wrote:Oh, there's no specific contest or anything but eagle-eyed fans should be able to point out a reference or two to LSotW, and maybe even a hint or two relating to MTMTE as well as plenty of 80s references. I can't even recall how many things are in there, but keep in mind this lab was part of Kimia and would have been used by Ironfist as well.

DUDE you give too much away!! :P
Permission to reprint anytime anyplace.
James IS the canon.
www.etsy.com/shop/WreckedApparel/
ladywreck
Transforumer

Postby Soundwave » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 am

Errrrr... Ratbat suicide? Mixmaster walked in on the dead bat, pinned to the wall with an energo-sword!?!?!?

Edit: second look, Mixmaster and Needlenose look about ready to call the lie out, till Starscream covers it up. Dirge not fallin for it, and oh yeah Motormaster is in the background in his new (Nintendo DS) version.

Other than that little quirk looks great!!!

DIRGE!!!! Ha another scorned Seeker! Great to see he survived.
Last edited by Soundwave on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
Soundwave
Transforumer

Postby Soundwave » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:04 am

vguzz2 wrote:I think that explosion was caused by Megatron who doesn't like Autobots and Decepticons chatting together.. just my prediction

Or Shockwave made upgrades to himself and decided to fire his arm cannon to see just how much damage he could do!!! Thus the reason why OP and his squad start chasing after him in issue6!!! 0_o
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
Soundwave
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers