G.I. JOE/Transformers Volume 1

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

G.I. JOE/Transformers Volume 1

Postby predakwon7 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:07 pm

User avatar
predakwon7
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Postby Sprite » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Wait, is this the same as GI Joe vol. 14 or is that something else?
Image
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
User avatar
Sprite
Transforumer
 
Posts: 16423
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:53 am
Location: The Lost Light

Postby Gridlock » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:56 pm

From the description it looks like it will have both the first Marvel crossover mini series, and those 4 issues from the G.I.Joe ongoing. As I have no interest in buying Marvel G.I.Joe, it would feel a little odd to have just vol.14 of its ongoing, so this looks like a better deal, for me at least.
User avatar
Gridlock
Slayer
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:30 am
Location: Poland

Postby predakwon7 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Gridlock wrote:From the description it looks like it will have both the first Marvel crossover mini series, and those 4 issues from the G.I.Joe ongoing. As I have no interest in buying Marvel G.I.Joe, it would feel a little odd to have just vol.14 of its ongoing, so this looks like a better deal, for me at least.


Yeah, this seemed more geared to the Transformers fan, though it would need the last couple of pages of G.I. Joe #138 for the full crossover.
User avatar
predakwon7
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Postby The Rev » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Oh how sweet it is! :)
User avatar
The Rev
Transforumer
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 6:58 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby Oracle1984 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:48 pm

predakwon7 wrote:
Gridlock wrote:From the description it looks like it will have both the first Marvel crossover mini series, and those 4 issues from the G.I.Joe ongoing. As I have no interest in buying Marvel G.I.Joe, it would feel a little odd to have just vol.14 of its ongoing, so this looks like a better deal, for me at least.


Yeah, this seemed more geared to the Transformers fan, though it would need the last couple of pages of G.I. Joe #138 for the full crossover.

yep, just cancelled my pre-order of G.I. Joe Vol. 14, and pre-ordered this instead.
September 17, 1984. MTME Part I. The world changed forever.
---------------------------
"Nobody ever died for a typewriter." Road-Block, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (Marvel) #69 (p.4)
---------------------------
(Okay to print)
User avatar
Oracle1984
Transforumer
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:24 am
Location: Washington, D.C.

Postby RackNRuin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:49 am

Looks like the "Classics" Vol 3 WON'T have the GI Joe Crossover after all then. Shame.
Some ideas to improve the comic: One: Drift needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two: whenever Drift's not in an issue, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Drift"?
RackNRuin
Forum Zombie
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:59 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby General Tekno » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:14 am

RackNRuin wrote:Looks like the "Classics" Vol 3 WON'T have the GI Joe Crossover after all then. Shame.


The Classics books though are just reprints of the original ones with the Marvel-character stories w/ Circuit Breaker reinserted, though.
Image
Big Time Toons - updated Tuesdays!


And what I say is OK to Print!
User avatar
General Tekno
Transforumer
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: Canada

Postby RackNRuin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:24 am

General Tekno wrote:
RackNRuin wrote:Looks like the "Classics" Vol 3 WON'T have the GI Joe Crossover after all then. Shame.


The Classics books though are just reprints of the original ones with the Marvel-character stories w/ Circuit Breaker reinserted, though.


We don't know that for sure. With the reinsertion of issues #3, 9, 22-23, the opportunity was there for IDW to make them truly definitive. Let's hope they at least put the Headmasters mini-series back where it should be chronologically!
Some ideas to improve the comic: One: Drift needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two: whenever Drift's not in an issue, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Drift"?
RackNRuin
Forum Zombie
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:59 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Anzati » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:59 am

Well this is the first TF comic news this year that I'm not too enthusiastic about...I'm very much an 'everything in its place' person and these issues should be in their place in the Classics series...I hope they are but with this being released I expect they won't...guess I'll just have to wait and see and hope for the best.

At least it won't be as bad as what is being done to the TMNT reprint series though...so I guess I'll live...
Image
Anzati
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Peterborough, UK

Postby KJ » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:10 am

Anzati wrote:Well this is the first TF comic news this year that I'm not too enthusiastic about...I'm very much an 'everything in its place' person and these issues should be in their place in the Classics series...I hope they are but with this being released I expect they won't...guess I'll just have to wait and see and hope for the best.

At least it won't be as bad as what is being done to the TMNT reprint series though...so I guess I'll live...


I think it's a bit too soon to assume that.

Remember, these sort of themed collectors may be aimed at a different audience.

Just like the 'Best Of' volumes were made, but had no bearing on the reprinting of those issues in other collections.
Proud Member Of The 'Resurrect Bumper' Club.


...A Club Of One.
User avatar
KJ
Transforumer
 
Posts: 5295
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:30 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Postby martin-m » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:16 pm

RackNRuin wrote:We don't know that for sure. With the reinsertion of issues #3, 9, 22-23, the opportunity was there for IDW to make them truly definitive.


I'm afraid they blew that chance by smudging all the black ink in the first two volumes so that so much detail is lost from the artwork. The Titan hardbacks look set to remain unrivalled as far as reprints of the Marvel US comics are concerned.

And the 1993 trade paperback of the first G.I. Joe crossover goes nicely with them to make a complete story.

Martin
martin-m
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:12 am


Return to Transformers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Sprite and 5 guests