Okay you timeline nuts... I'm fixing a date for GB#10

Bustin' makes us feel good! So do Ghostbusters comics, so let's talk about 'em, folks!

Okay you timeline nuts... I'm fixing a date for GB#10

Postby Erik Burnham » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:19 pm

...It happens in June. (;

Coincidentally, it ships in June!

(I'm writing parts of it now, and having such fun.)
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham
Forum Zombie
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:07 am
Location: Somewhere in MN

Postby mrmichaelt » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Sounds good to me. :wink: Thanks for the update.
User avatar
mrmichaelt
Transforumer
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Postby Erik Burnham » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Well, we are dealing with voodoo. (;
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham
Forum Zombie
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:07 am
Location: Somewhere in MN

Postby mrmichaelt » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Erik Burnham wrote:Well, we are dealing with voodoo. (;
Isn't that what started the comic book industry?
User avatar
mrmichaelt
Transforumer
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: Okay you timeline nuts... I'm fixing a date for GB#10

Postby Tothenines » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Erik Burnham wrote:...It happens in June. (;

Coincidentally, it ships in June!

(I'm writing parts of it now, and having such fun.)


Interesting. Based upon the way Ray referred to Labor Day (forget which issue) and the billboards and stuff in the background while the guys were fighting the Terror Bear in #3, I would have pegged the ongoing to currently be in October-November.
------------------
http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=191391P01
Buy comic books at mycomicshop.com!
User avatar
Tothenines
Transforumer
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:04 am
Location: Born in Illinois, currently in WV

Re: Okay you timeline nuts... I'm fixing a date for GB#10

Postby mrmichaelt » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Tothenines wrote:Interesting. Based upon the way Ray referred to Labor Day (forget which issue) and the billboards and stuff in the background while the guys were fighting the Terror Bear in #3, I would have pegged the ongoing to currently be in October-November.
He mentioned Labor Day in #3 as well. Hard to say how much time is passing so looks like a big jump after #7-8 unless Ray was referring to the previous year's Labor Day.
User avatar
mrmichaelt
Transforumer
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Postby Erik Burnham » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Well, we started in (roughly) spring. The first story took only a week or so. Second story arc, though a month later, is all in one night.

No one ever said the labor day mentioned was that year's. (;
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham
Forum Zombie
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:07 am
Location: Somewhere in MN

Postby mrmichaelt » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:07 am

Erik Burnham wrote:Well, we started in (roughly) spring. The first story took only a week or so. Second story arc, though a month later, is all in one night.

No one ever said the labor day mentioned was that year's. (;
Sweet! You've made one of the timeline nuts very happy. :wink:
User avatar
mrmichaelt
Transforumer
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Postby Tothenines » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:14 am

Erik Burnham wrote:No one ever said the labor day mentioned was that year's. (;


Still, there's the Halloween and Thanksgiving stuff in the background downtown that ish. No biggie though.

I really like how you let time pass between arcs. Let's the narrative breathe. Too often you see comic series have each issue just follow the other one immediately.
------------------
http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=191391P01
Buy comic books at mycomicshop.com!
User avatar
Tothenines
Transforumer
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:04 am
Location: Born in Illinois, currently in WV

Postby Erik Burnham » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:31 am

Well, sometimes Dan throws background things in that don't totally mesh with the "when" of it. lol. We leave him alone because he's the man.

Anachronisms in GB comics? Sure! (:

(Even Hotz had one in Infestation. They happen!)
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham
Forum Zombie
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:07 am
Location: Somewhere in MN

Postby GhstbstrLMLIII » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Interesting! Fixing a date means we have to run back what's happened before to get those exact dates.....

Actually I'm not going to go that far with it. I did just see the previews summary of #10 - very excited! First thing I thought of was that old "Another man done gone" song.
GhstbstrLMLIII
Slayer
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:28 am

Postby Tothenines » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:06 am

Erik Burnham wrote:We leave him alone because he's the man.


No argument here.

(Even Hotz had one in Infestation. They happen!)


Speaking of Infestation, that took place not long before #1 of the ongoing right? I'm thinking late January to mid February, somewhere in that range.
------------------
http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=191391P01
Buy comic books at mycomicshop.com!
User avatar
Tothenines
Transforumer
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:04 am
Location: Born in Illinois, currently in WV

Re: Okay you timeline nuts... I'm fixing a date for GB#10

Postby oldmanwinters » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Erik Burnham wrote:...It happens in June. (;

Coincidentally, it ships in June!

(I'm writing parts of it now, and having such fun.)


Hey, cool! Semi-real time comics!

(If "semi" can be defined by about 15 years or so separation from modern-day, that is.)
User avatar
oldmanwinters
Slayer
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:31 am

Postby mrmichaelt » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Tothenines wrote:Speaking of Infestation, that took place not long before #1 of the ongoing right? I'm thinking late January to mid February, somewhere in that range.
In Issue #4's PCOC file, there is a passage that refers to the Infestation event and that it "happened last year." So it looks like it happened just after the "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" story in the Haunted Holidays trade paperback (just after Thanksgiving and likely before it started snowing).
User avatar
mrmichaelt
Transforumer
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Postby Tothenines » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:45 am

mrmichaelt wrote:
Tothenines wrote:Speaking of Infestation, that took place not long before #1 of the ongoing right? I'm thinking late January to mid February, somewhere in that range.
In Issue #4's PCOC file, there is a passage that refers to the Infestation event and that it "happened last year." So it looks like it happened just after the "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" story in the Haunted Holidays trade paperback (just after Thanksgiving and likely before it started snowing).


Ah, good eye.
------------------
http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=191391P01
Buy comic books at mycomicshop.com!
User avatar
Tothenines
Transforumer
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:04 am
Location: Born in Illinois, currently in WV

Next

Return to Ghostbusters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests