Introduce Yourself (uh huh!)

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby pitt55 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:19 pm

no,i was trying last night to log in for the first time.was going to be my first digital comic "shudder",but i'm determined.i sent them an e-thingie.hopefully they'll get me sorted out-plus this material will end up making some omnibus or other i'm sure.
i guess introductions are over and it's time to move myself to other threads.
pitt55
Red Shirt

Postby pitt55 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:28 pm

@ sprite and bassbot-i was looking at what that new idw series of trades has and it looks pretty cool.looks like they put all the relevant minis and one-shots in the right order.do these things also give the variant cover art? i mean like,ALL the variants?
pitt55
Red Shirt

Postby Sprite » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:33 pm

If you're talking about the hardcover IDW collections, yes, they do contain all minis and Spotlights and no, although some of the covers are in there, not all variants are accounted for.
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby pitt55 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:40 pm

see,as big of a TF fan/comic nerd/collector nerd as i am,it's actually pretty wierd that i dont already have every TF related comic book made.i was nervous at the start of dreamwave that what ended up happening was what was going to happen.i just kept seeing so many "nostalgia/rebirth of earlier properties" things coming and going that i really didnt think TF was going to have any longevity in todays comic climate.i'm just jumping in late.all i got is a framed maga-litho.
pitt55
Red Shirt

Postby CyclonusArmada » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Speaking of Beast Wars, has there been anything else since Ascending?
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby bassbot » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:06 am

nah, just The Gathering and Ascending.
Twitter: @lukeabarnett
Lukeabarnett writes on tumblr
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:10 am

..but I think Simon Furman is selling copies of an unpublished Beast Wars script at Rollout/Rollcall...
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby bassbot » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:15 am

oh wise person in the know!!! :)
Twitter: @lukeabarnett
Lukeabarnett writes on tumblr
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby jaysenc » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Hello..

I've been reading the forum here for quite a few years now, and actually signed up back in '09. Yet never felt compelled to post until recently.

I'm really enjoying the new direction that Barber and Roberts are taking the book in.

My introduction to TF came with the cartoon and toys, back in '84 or '85 not sure which. I was born in the UK - and lived there for most of my life. So, like other Brits, my exposure to the cartoon was minimal beyond the first few episodes of season 1 and the movie.

The comic is what really made me a TF fan.

The year before I moved to the US I stumbled across IDW's Transformers #1, having completely missed DW's run. (in fact - I didn't even know it existed).

I have every issue - bar a few spotlights of the IDW run, and have pretty much enjoyed everything so far. (some stories more than others)

This forum has been a big part of the comic experience for me too, knowing that certain issues would probably get a certain reaction, that's almost been as enjoyable as the comic, good or bad!

Well, that's basically it. For now.
jaysenc
Red Shirt

Postby CyclonusArmada » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:33 am

Welcome to the forum (I'd give the greeting again but it seemed to go over people's heads before)

Sprite wrote:..but I think Simon Furman is selling copies of an unpublished Beast Wars script at Rollout/Rollcall...

Will this one feature Bots other than palette swaps? Aside from the Key Maximals I didn't care for so many of the same faces.. even Shokaract was just another Rampage :roll:
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby Algus » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:55 am

Hey guys

Only recently been getting into the IDW comics after having been a TF fan ever since I was a little kid. Enjoy most things Transformers, though G1 is my favorite.
Algus
Red Shirt

Postby Sprite » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 am

CyclonusArmada wrote:Welcome to the forum (I'd give the greeting again but it seemed to go over people's heads before)

Sprite wrote:..but I think Simon Furman is selling copies of an unpublished Beast Wars script at Rollout/Rollcall...

Will this one feature Bots other than palette swaps? Aside from the Key Maximals I didn't care for so many of the same faces.. even Shokaract was just another Rampage :roll:

I don't know. I'll try to get a copy at R/R and we'll see...
OK to print.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Kirjava » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:46 am

Algus wrote:Hey guys

Only recently been getting into the IDW comics after having been a TF fan ever since I was a little kid. Enjoy most things Transformers, though G1 is my favorite.
Welcome, Algus. We have summoned you here for a purpose...
Kirjava
Transforumer

Postby Jazzfox » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:08 am

Welcome aboard Algus, as well I see other new faces I haven't met yet

Hope to speak to all of you via the forums shortly ^^
Jazzfox
Transforumer

Postby jaysenc » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Not sure if this is the place to ask this question, but is there a list of all the Transformers conventions and stuff, when and where they are held?

I would really like to actually interact with other people who are fans, especially with the new comics this good, and the new movies so far off the mark!

People - point me in the right direction...
jaysenc
Red Shirt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers