Transformers Autocracy #3: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Transformers Autocracy #3: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Postby tronprogram » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:39 am

Last edited by tronprogram on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no problems, only solutions.

Image
User avatar
tronprogram
Transforumer
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:35 am
Location: England

Postby sharpexit » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:58 am

Wow, that was awesome! I wasn't sure about the first two issues but this one was excellent and felt really dense too, real value for money. Soundwave's characterisation was especially fantastic.
sharpexit
Private
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:53 am

Postby General Tekno » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:03 am

Honestly, my big question mark? Ratbat.

Especially given he seems to be, well, a dumb animal here.

So did they dump his mind into a substandard body only capable of pure animalistic processing? As that doesn't explain his "Megatron! I have them!" comment in the -ations, or his intelligence with the similar body in RiD.

(For that matter, why wouldn't he ditch the 'cons first chance he gets to try and get in good with the Autobot leadership?)
Image
Big Time Toons - updated Tuesdays!


And what I say is OK to Print!
User avatar
General Tekno
Transforumer
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Calvatron » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:03 am

I'm really enjoying this series. Love the gritty feel
ok to print

Pirate, definitely pirate.
User avatar
Calvatron
Transforumer
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:24 pm
Location: brooklyn, Ny

Postby Soundwave » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:00 am

Pros: **SPOILERS**





First: The issue was great. Art was excellent!! And Soundwave and his minions in action was pretty sweet!

Second: I wanna see Soundwave and his little buddies on the offensive next time.. not running and on the defensive. Still This was pretty freaking awesome.

Third: Soundwave got some shots in, Nice to see he didnt go down with one punch. I like to see an expanded version with him and Orion exchanging blows, using his sound attacks, etc... HA HA....

Cons: Now Ravage and Ratbat should have had Cybertronian critter modes...and Now the editors are messing with us.. on the inside Cover they say Nominus Prime and it should have been Zeta Prime...

All three are minor..didnt ruin anything for me.. but HELLO...Nobody caught that. LOL

After Two issues of Autacracy, A Soundwave MINI would be awesome!!!



:twisted:
Last edited by Soundwave on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
User avatar
Soundwave
Transforumer
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:55 am
Location: South Florida

Postby Snake Pliskin-o-bot » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:08 am

Is anybody else in the uk unable to download this from comixology? I tried selecting it but a message pops up telling me its unavailable. Other downloads are working fine though...
:?
User avatar
Snake Pliskin-o-bot
Transforumer
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Sheffield, England

Postby colky7 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:36 am

^^^I had no problems on the i-pad...

Great issue, really liking autocracy so far. Don't get me wrong MTMTE was awesome but if you allow for it being a lot shorter i might actually have enjoyed this more in some ways. It was a straight forward action issue but when you look at it in the bigger context you just know that Orion is gonna get to see what Soundwave caught Zeta saying and the story is gonna get real interesting.

Going back to Ratchet's comment about how Prime got the matrix from CT I've got a sneaking suspicion this is gonna end with Orion offing Zeta and taking the matrix somehow - though i'm sure with noble intentions. At least I think they will be!
colky7
Transforumer
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Postby vadertron » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:40 am

I also got an error message when I tried to buy this on Comixology, and I'm in the U.S. It said the item couldn't be found. My guess is that the related entry or whatever may be missing from the Android Market.
"All too easy"
User avatar
vadertron
Red Shirt
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:04 pm

Postby hook line and sinker » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:49 am

That was, without a doubt, the BEST Soundwave battle since Idw got the license.

And my all time personal fave.
User avatar
hook line and sinker
Transforumer
 
Posts: 3652
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Postby Thunderwing » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 am

General Tekno wrote:Honestly, my big question mark? Ratbat.

Especially given he seems to be, well, a dumb animal here.

So did they dump his mind into a substandard body only capable of pure animalistic processing? As that doesn't explain his "Megatron! I have them!" comment in the -ations, or his intelligence with the similar body in RiD.


Perhaps Soundwave can switch his higher intelligence functions on and off?

I dunno, I didn't have much of a problem with it, although perhaps Buzzsaw or Laserbeak would have been better choices for that scene.

I gotta say though, Orion punching Soundwave's tape door before he could open it was pretty badass.

(Even if he probably flattened Buzzsaw, my favorite cassette, in the process. :( )

But this was a solid installment.

Hopefully the Prime naming mix-ups will be fixed for the trade.

Also, I believe that line in the beginning coming from Prowl about "sniffing Soundwave out" was probably meant for Hound.
User avatar
Thunderwing
Transforumer
 
Posts: 4027
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:44 am

Postby stefatron1 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:01 pm

Snake Pliskin-o-bot wrote:Is anybody else in the uk unable to download this from comixology? I tried selecting it but a message pops up telling me its unavailable. Other downloads are working fine though...
:?


Don't they want my money???!

They best sort it out right now
STOP YER MOANING! YOU'RE STILL GONNA BUY THEM ANYWAY!

READING>
MTMTE>RID>Superior Spiderman>All-new X-Men>Uncanny X-Men>Uncanny Avengers>Sex Criminals
oktp
stefatron1
Forum Zombie
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:55 am
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby Soundwave » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:10 pm

hook line and sinker wrote:That was, without a doubt, the BEST Soundwave battle since Idw got the license.

And my all time personal fave.


And he was on the retreat/defensive.... I wanna see an all out offensive!! Him blasting bots off their feet with his sound attacks like in the cartoon, some high pitched squeels making bots fall to their knees, holding their ears..eerr..audio receptors.. while laserbeak and Buzzsaw take aim from the sky... Rumble and frenzy doing their thing while Soundwave fires his rifle and shoulder cannon.. While Ratbat lands on the back of some bot and bites into his neck and drinks him dry!!! LOL Maybe even some Slugfest and Overkill action...

And some bots being crush by Soundwaves great strength... OK...

Autacracy just spoiled me..(and it was LONG OVERDUE!!!!....gave me a glimpse... NOW I want more... heh heh.....

More Soundwave spy missions...please.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
User avatar
Soundwave
Transforumer
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:55 am
Location: South Florida

Postby hook line and sinker » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Soundwave wrote:
hook line and sinker wrote:That was, without a doubt, the BEST Soundwave battle since Idw got the license.

And my all time personal fave.


And he was on the retreat/defensive.... I wanna see an all out offensive!! Him blasting bots off their feet with his sound attacks like in the cartoon, some high pitched squeels making bots fall to their knees, holding their ears..eerr..audio receptors.. while laserbeak and Buzzsaw take aim from the sky... Rumble and frenzy doing their thing while Soundwave fires his rifle and shoulder cannon.. While Ratbat lands on the back of some bot and bites into his neck and drinks him dry!!! LOL Maybe even some Slugfest and Overkill action...

And some bots being crush by Soundwaves great strength... OK...

Autacracy just spoiled me..(and it was LONG OVERDUE!!!!....gave me a glimpse... NOW I want more... heh heh.....

More Soundwave spy missions...please.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


Of course I agree that would be great. But to go from last year's Soundwave just stands there and gets shot in the face to this is definitely a step in the right direction. The Decepticons in this series are at their very, very best.

This reminds me of how little I settled for over the last couple of years. Even Ironhide #1, which was one of my fav post AHM issues, just made SW look like a punk. And SL Blurr had the cons trying to carry out an assassination in broad daylight running down the street.

Here they are the force Megatron forged in the Origin story. A brutal, committed machine. I am reminded of why I love them so much! And after this I am ready to see them do more than stand around in RID #2!!
User avatar
hook line and sinker
Transforumer
 
Posts: 3652
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Postby Snake Pliskin-o-bot » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Cool, Comixology seems to have resolved the issue now!

Another great installment, nice and action packed.

A couple of minor errors as pointed out already, and I think the last panel seems to be a close up of Orion's face but the speech balloon is coming from him, rather than off panel.

Also, in a recent interview Chris Metzer cleared up that this is AFTER all the other pre-war stuff IDW have shown, even SL: Blurr, which surprised me. But, that being the case; what's the betting that Frenzy having a huge great hole blown through him is the reason for him becoming an uncontrollable nutcase, as depicted in AHM? He's never fully healed from the damage and it's sent him nuts and damaged his ability to control his sonic attacks. That'd be a really nice little continuity patch job.

Anyway; another thumbs up from me. I really hope this gets a trade release as I think it'll be up their with IDW's best books!
User avatar
Snake Pliskin-o-bot
Transforumer
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Sheffield, England

Postby General Tekno » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Thunderwing wrote:
General Tekno wrote:Honestly, my big question mark? Ratbat.

Especially given he seems to be, well, a dumb animal here.

So did they dump his mind into a substandard body only capable of pure animalistic processing? As that doesn't explain his "Megatron! I have them!" comment in the -ations, or his intelligence with the similar body in RiD.


Perhaps Soundwave can switch his higher intelligence functions on and off?

I dunno, I didn't have much of a problem with it, although perhaps Buzzsaw or Laserbeak would have been better choices for that scene.


Except half the point of Ratbat being used seemed to be that they would go "Wait - Ratbat? As in that senator who's supposed to be dead?"
Image
Big Time Toons - updated Tuesdays!


And what I say is OK to Print!
User avatar
General Tekno
Transforumer
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: Canada

Next

Return to Transformers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests