G.I.joe Fan film

Yo, Joe! The base of operations for your comments is open and ready for your transmissions.

Moderators: JohnBarber, CarlosG86, Bobby Curnow, Mariah, shanecdavis

G.I.joe Fan film

Postby Firefly87 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:36 am

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/11/if_ ... ence_i.php

If this isn't allowed, then just delete this, but here is a cheesy G.I.Joe fan movie.

Some might say this is better then Rise Of Cobra, but I'd disagree.
Firefly87
Forum Zombie

Postby SMASH » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:01 am

I really don't know how to react to that. I remember seeing the preview a while ago and thinking it looked good but never thought they would take it in that direction. I'm starting to think there won't ever will be a decent live action joe film.
SMASH
Comic Book Guy

Postby The Rev » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:38 am

Not bad until you know who showed up. Totally took me out of the movie. Costumes we're the best damn things in the flick, it was like my action figures come to life. :D
The Rev
Transforumer

Postby Grey » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Don't be too harsh guys. Everyone involved in making this movie poured their hearts into it. It's all volunteer, including the professional stunt guys who played Snake Eyes and the troopers, and had a miniscule budget.
And the first half is amazing. I admit that making it fifty percent grit and fifty percent cheese isn't the way I would go, but if you think about it, it has a little of what every Joe fan wants. They just didn't mesh very well.

Seriously just try to enjoy it for what it is.
Grey
Slayer

Postby Torpedo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Grey wrote:Don't be too harsh guys. Everyone involved in making this movie poured their hearts into it. It's all volunteer, including the professional stunt guys who played Snake Eyes and the troopers, and had a miniscule budget.
And the first half is amazing. I admit that making it fifty percent grit and fifty percent cheese isn't the way I would go, but if you think about it, it has a little of what every Joe fan wants. They just didn't mesh very well.

Seriously just try to enjoy it for what it is.

I agree with this. I don't think they needed all of the crossover elements, particularly when "you know who" showed up at the exact same time as another dramatic identity reveal, but for what it was, it was fun and enjoyable. My Joe movie wouldn't have the language or the blood, but it's not my movie. It's theirs and they did a pretty good job with it.
Torpedo
Transforumer

Postby shanecdavis » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:11 am

I enjoyed it for what it was, especially the first half of the movie. Wasn't thrilled about the crossover, but it was done pretty well enough. At least this movie stayed true to the characters. Could have done without the very end, but like Torpedo said, it wasn't MY movie. Any else have to google most of the characters on that list?
shanecdavis
Transforumer

Postby Mamu_Nestor » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:03 pm

I thought it was pretty good. If you watch making of you see where the "you know who" comes from.

http://www.gijoefanfilm.com/
Author: Karate is Self-Defense Available at Amazon.com. Kindle version available.
Mamu_Nestor
Transforumer

Postby Eagleyes » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:56 pm

i LOVED the preview.

i EAGERLY waited to see the whole fan movie.

i ENJOYED the concept, costumes, characterizations

i HATED the actual CROSSOVER CRAP

and therefore, I was majorly disappointed.
I didnt even bother to watch it a 2nd time.
Eagleyes
Transforumer

Return to G.I. Joe