G. I. Joe 2 Movie Prequel Comics Discussion

Yo, Joe! The base of operations for your comments is open and ready for your transmissions.

Moderators: JohnBarber, CarlosG86, Bobby Curnow, Mariah, shanecdavis

G. I. Joe 2 Movie Prequel Comics Discussion

Postby NIBMRatchet » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:13 pm

I really enjoyed the Movie prequel comics for G. I. Joe: Rise of Cobra. Does anyone know the plans for G. I. Joe: Retaliation? We are getting the prequel comic right? Or is it too early to tell? :)
Transformers Movie News Monster
NIBMRatchet
Private

Postby Hellstrom » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:48 am

Considering they always do the movie tie in comics? Yeah, I am sure they will. But the last ones were not that great. Im skipping them this time.
The cake is a lie.
Hellstrom
Transforumer

Postby maczero » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:17 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we will. I didn't hate the last batch but I'm not invested enough in the movie universe to spend the cash.
Need to buy, rent or sell a home in DC or Northern VA, then contact me at realtorva@verizon.net
maczero
Transforumer

Postby DanielW » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:29 pm

You know what I'd have loved? A miniseries with Destro, The Baroness and Zartan gathering the political support, funding and technological means to pull off what we saw in Rise of Cobra because those issues of the prequel were in my opinion the best ones. It could be part heist film, part political thriller, part shooter - all fun.
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby Antarctica » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 am

We will know in March that is 4 months out from the release.
Antarctica
Transforumer

Postby ER » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:03 pm

I'm through with the movie tie-in comics as well. I bought the four prequel issues and Snake-Eyes #1 back in '09 and then I was done. Never read the movie adaptations, SE #2-4 or any of Operation Hiss, and I'm not going to be on board for any future movie tie-ins.

It's not that they were all bad. I enjoyed two of the five movie comics I bought. But overall I just didn't enjoy them enough to justify spending the $ to follow this continuity.
ER
Transforumer

Postby Ro-Dan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm sure one of those comics will be a Roadblock issue. If so, I'm sold!
Ro-Dan
Transforumer

Postby Antarctica » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:02 pm

Ro-Dan wrote:I'm sure one of those comics will be a Roadblock issue. If so, I'm sold!

Actually, as much as we complained about the inclusion of Heavy Duty in the first movie.

We may have gotten lucky. Since now we get a really good Roadblock and since he is the star we get The Rock.

No way The Rock would have taken a role like Heavy Duty had in the first movie.

Just a thought.
Antarctica
Transforumer

Postby Ro-Dan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:14 am

Totally agreed. Roadblock is easily one of my favorite Joes. I was so disappointed when it was announced Heavy Duty would be a character in ROC instead of RB. And then insult was added to injury when Roadblock's name was replaced with Heavy Duty's in the early IDW comics.

With Roadblock getting a prominent place in the next film, along with the fact that he got his name back in the comics (with extended page time in ARAH and the main title), finally I can enjoy the character once again.
Ro-Dan
Transforumer

Postby NIBMRatchet » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:50 am

Transformers Movie News Monster
NIBMRatchet
Private

Return to G.I. Joe