Cobra Annual coming in January

Yo, Joe! The base of operations for your comments is open and ready for your transmissions.

Moderators: JohnBarber, CarlosG86, Bobby Curnow, Mariah, shanecdavis

Cobra Annual coming in January

Postby Jim » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:42 am

From the November solicits:

GI JOE YEARBOOK TP 01/11/12 SRP: $24.99 = $
GI JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO #174 01/18/12 SRP: $3.99 = $
COBRA ANNUAL 2012 ORIGIN OF COBRA COMMANDER #1 01/04/12 SRP: $7.99 = $
GI JOE VOL 2 ONGOING #9 01/11/12 SRP: $3.99 = $
SNAKE EYES ONGOING (IDW) #9 01/18/12 SRP: $3.99 = $
COBRA ONGOING #9 01/25/12 SRP: $3.99 = $
If I ever say anything interesting then it's Ok to print.
Jim
Transforumer

Postby burg » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:43 am

Cobra Annual????? Hmmmmmmmmm

Really hope it's not a reprint!

January's looking good :)

___
WELCOME TO COBRA ISLAND - Download the album here: http://propsdept.bandcamp.com/

"People were talking and eating, it was the greatest party ever." - Snakor's Pizza

Twitter: @SJ_Wordburglar
http://www.wordburglar.com
burg
Transforumer

Postby Jim » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:46 am

burg wrote:Cobra Annual????? Hmmmmmmmmm

The sub-title is Origin Of Cobra Commander, so that either means an all new flashback tale or a "clip show" of how the new CC wins the Cobra Civil War in the current titles.

After the CC tribute issue I'm a bit wary of ordering this.
If I ever say anything interesting then it's Ok to print.
Jim
Transforumer

Postby maczero » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:01 pm

Jim wrote:

The sub-title is Origin Of Cobra Commander, so that either means an all new flashback tale or a "clip show" of how the new CC wins the Cobra Civil War in the current titles.

I am too. We should put some pressure on TPTB to give us heads up on the content (i.e. how many pages devoted to an original story) before it hit the stands.
Need to buy, rent or sell a home in DC or Northern VA, then contact me at realtorva@verizon.net
maczero
Transforumer

Postby hpantazo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:47 pm

maczero wrote:
Jim wrote:

I am too. We should put some pressure on TPTB to give us heads up on the content (i.e. how many pages devoted to an original story) before it hit the stands.

The cover says all new, all original! That sounds fantastic!
hpantazo
Slayer

Postby The Rev » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:48 pm

Nice to see the ongoings live on beyond Civil War. I'll have to wait until I hear more about this Annual ... ahhh who the hell am I kidding? I know I'll buy it.
The Rev
Transforumer

Postby burg » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:52 am

According to www.hisstank.com the Cobra Annual is all new written by Chuck Dixon:

Chuck Dixon (w) S L Gallant (a) menton3, Robert Atkins (c)

Now that the COBRA CIVIL WAR has ended, a new, more ruthless Cobra Commander has stepped into place. But how much do we really know about this new Commander? There's only so much we can tell you! In this first-ever COBRA ANNUAL, Cobra Commander's origin is finally revealed! Once a [CLASSIFIED] in the [CLASSIFIED], the Commander led a [CLASSIFIED] and stole from [CLASSIFIED] and [CLASSIFIED]. Soon, this caught the attention of COBRA. A choice was given: join us or die. Little did High Command suspect that [CLASSIFIED] would one day become the newest leader of COBRA.

Sounds good!
WELCOME TO COBRA ISLAND - Download the album here: http://propsdept.bandcamp.com/

"People were talking and eating, it was the greatest party ever." - Snakor's Pizza

Twitter: @SJ_Wordburglar
http://www.wordburglar.com
burg
Transforumer

Postby Mamu_Nestor » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Looks great. Can't wait.
Author: Karate is Self-Defense Available at Amazon.com. Kindle version available.
Mamu_Nestor
Transforumer

Postby Hellstrom » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:43 pm

$7.99 at once is a bit much I think. Yes I pay 1/2 that for the regular sized issues and multiple titles each week at that price but this annoys me to no end.
The cake is a lie.
Hellstrom
Transforumer

Postby The DoomWorm » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:38 am

burg wrote:According to www.hisstank.com the Cobra Annual is all new written by Chuck Dixon:

Now that the COBRA CIVIL WAR has ended, a new, more ruthless Cobra Commander has stepped into place. But how much do we really know about this new Commander? There's only so much we can tell you! In this first-ever COBRA ANNUAL, Cobra Commander's origin is finally revealed! Once a [CLASSIFIED] in the [CLASSIFIED], the Commander led a [CLASSIFIED] and stole from [CLASSIFIED] and [CLASSIFIED]. Soon, this caught the attention of COBRA. A choice was given: join us or die. Little did High Command suspect that [CLASSIFIED] would one day become the newest leader of COBRA.

Sounds good!

So... does this describe Monk's origin? I don't recall the chain of events in that arc.
The DoomWorm
Slayer

Postby Ro-Dan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:10 pm

Seven-freakin'-ninety-nine for a comic?! Really, IDW?
Ro-Dan
Transforumer

Postby maczero » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:33 am

I don't see the problem. It's a one shot. Besides, it's double the content so it's not like you're paying more for less. And honestly this isn't food or some other necessity. If $7.99 is more than what you want to spend then there's no shame in admitting that. I just wonder why anyone would complain about a company charging more for a product that offers more content.
Last edited by maczero on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need to buy, rent or sell a home in DC or Northern VA, then contact me at realtorva@verizon.net
maczero
Transforumer

Postby Ro-Dan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:57 am

Oh, I'll be getting it, Mac. I was jut a little shocked by the cover price. Luckily my comic shop gives a 25% discount off the cover price on new comics. That'll bring the cost down to $5.99.
Ro-Dan
Transforumer

Postby The Rev » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:03 pm

Ro-Dan wrote:Oh, I'll be getting it, Mac. I was jut a little shocked by the cover price. Luckily my comic shop gives a 25% discount off the cover price on new comics. That'll bring the cost down to $5.99.

annnnnd your comic book shop is ...... ;)
The Rev
Transforumer

Postby MightyMegs » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:06 pm

burg wrote:According to www.hisstank.com the Cobra Annual is all new written by Chuck Dixon:

Sounds good!

"Cobra Commander's origin is finally revealed! Once a bad actress in the Hollywood hills, the Commander led a drug-fueled party binge and stole from Kwiki Marts and jewelry stores. Soon, this caught the attention of COBRA. A choice was given: join us or die. Little did High Command suspect that Lindsay Lohan would one day become the newest leader of COBRA."
MightyMegs
Slayer

Next

Return to G.I. Joe