January solicitations

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby Bumblemus Prime » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:21 am

Where's TF #81?
I occasionally post MTMTE-inspired fanfic at Transfans. Give it a try: http://transfans.co.uk/community/viewforum.php?f=3
Bumblemus Prime
Forum Zombie

Postby Cyberstrike » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:30 am

Duo Maxwell wrote:Possibly, but I think the best possible way they could have done the logo would have been how the original logo was done in the first place. Like this:

It's classic, complements the overall logo and would not be mistaken for "Robots in Disguise" in any way.. Even if it had a "More Than Meets the Eye" logo at the bottom of the cover, without a distracting, out of place background it would look much better.

Just a general aesthetics thing, really. As it is, it reminds me of those "An IDW Publishing Production" banners which used to be at the top of the covers of reprint singles/trades. I guess I would rather have more actual cover art than a thick bar shifting the entire cover down.

I don't think either title's logo is very impressive.

I find the Robots in Disguise part of it's logo looks too small and the font doesn't match the rest of the logo.

The red bar for MTMTE while it certainly catches your attention looks more like a storyline/event style (like the Cobra Civil War banner used on IDW's G.I. Joe, Cobra, and Snake-Eyes titles or Marvel's Dark Reign and Heroic Age) logo. I feel someone who doesn't know much about The Transformers comics will be asking me: "How long is the More Than Meets The Eye storyline?" or "Is it another crossover/event?"

That is just my 2 cents worth.
Last edited by Cyberstrike on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fit to print, but remember this: I would rather hated for being honest than being loved as a liar.
Cyberstrike
Transforumer

Postby Torpedo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:26 pm

zhgingaah wrote:Dunno, Darth...

5 x LSOTW
4 x Ironhide
4 x Bumblebee
1 x Spotlight Prowl
32 x Ongoing (inc DoOP/125)

I make that 46 issues. 3 hardbacks across 2012 isn't unreasonable by which time there'll be at least 24 issues of the two new ongoing series plus whatever else pops up before the hard covers are anywhere near 'caught up'.

Prowl, Ongoing 1, Bumblebee, Wreckers, #2-6 gives a nice 16 issue tome. Ironhide and #7-18 likewise, followed by 19-'125'. For covers, I'd reckon on Bumblebee, Ironhide and Rodimus.

What are we just pretending Heart of Darkness never happened? :x

:P

I'm joking, joking. Of course we're pretending Heart of Darkness never happened.
Torpedo
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm wondering how (if) the new ongoings are going to be collected: half/half in one hardcover or separately?
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Cattleprod » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:37 pm

There's been a lot of overlap in GI Joe lately and the TPBs are still broken up by individual series. I imagine these two series will be pretty self contained once Rodimus leaves Cybertron.
Cattleprod
Transforumer

Postby DanielW » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Sprite wrote:I'm wondering how (if) the new ongoings are going to be collected: half/half in one hardcover or separately?

Given that GI Joe has done something similar, with Cobra and GI Joe as a synchronous storyline but are collected separately, because they can be read in isolation from each other.
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby ladywreck » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:08 pm

Torpedo wrote:What are we just pretending Heart of Darkness never happened? :x

I'm joking, joking. Of course we're pretending Heart of Darkness never happened.

IT SO TOTALLY HAPPENED!!

Muahahahaahahahahahahah!

Overlord said so!
:twisted:
Permission to reprint anytime anyplace.
James IS the canon.
www.etsy.com/shop/WreckedApparel/
ladywreck
Transforumer

Postby bassbot » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Whataminute - overlord and d-void kinda look similar (at least in Overlord's post volcanic-looking state...)
Twitter: @lukeabarnett
Lukeabarnett writes on tumblr
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby ladywreck » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:19 pm

O...M...G...!

You may have something there.

Overlord is behind it ALL!!

Earth shattering... I mean Trouser shattering...
ladywreck
Transforumer

Postby bassbot » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:50 pm

ladywreck wrote:O...M...G...!

You may have something there.

Overlord is behind it ALL!!

Earth shattering... I mean Trouser shattering...

I wonder Megatron would make of it.. ;)
Twitter: @lukeabarnett
Lukeabarnett writes on tumblr
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby ladywreck » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:52 pm

A face off then... and we find that underneath Megatron's face is another OVERLORD!

That's really twisted...
ladywreck
Transforumer

Postby Fusion blast » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:17 am

Can't wait for January. I still wish the long road to post-Ongoing ongoings would have been a satisfactory one, but I'm thrilled to have these new series, with both of them treading previously untrodden paths.

Wonder how long it will be, and why, that fighting will begin anew and Megs and Prime return. Would it be something like Decepticons venerating the memory of Megatron, their millennia of war together, the supremacy they once held over other beings and finally coming to conclusion that this isn't the world they fought for and then turning against the Autobots again?
Fusion blast
Transforumer

Postby zhgingaah » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:43 am

Torpedo wrote:
What are we just pretending Heart of Darkness never happened? :x

Knew I'd forget something. Er... yeah, I'd like to think it never happened... but since it did, I guess it would be a fair opener in third volume as a lead in to Chaos...
*All my nonsense tapped out here is okay to print*
zhgingaah
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:50 am

ladywreck wrote:A face off then... and we find that underneath Megatron's face is another OVERLORD!

That's really twisted...

Dunno about twisted, but it sure would be a twist and a half!

...and he would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids! :evil:
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:14 am

Fusion blast wrote:Can't wait for January. I still wish the long road to post-Ongoing ongoings would have been a satisfactory one, but I'm thrilled to have these new series, with both of them treading previously untrodden paths.

Wonder how long it will be, and why, that fighting will begin anew and Megs and Prime return. Would it be something like Decepticons venerating the memory of Megatron, their millennia of war together, the supremacy they once held over other beings and finally coming to conclusion that this isn't the world they fought for and then turning against the Autobots again?

I just cant see the remaining decepticons accepting the fact the war is over and worse they lost. Sure their talisman may be gone and i stress may but surely some are going to begin putting new plans in place.

And there well may be isolated posts who dont know the war is over.

There is also an influx of bots arriving who didnt want to be a part of the war. Could have some interesting characters here and I hope these are developed. Some may be "talked" into joining the decepticons on the sly. :lol:

Any just theories but we should get some new characters and hopefully a few twists and turns.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers