January solicitations

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

January solicitations

Postby Cattleprod » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:22 pm

Well, all this stuff is covered in other threads, put here they are for posterity:

Solicitations for January, 2012

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Ongoing #1
John Barber (w) Andrew Griffith (a) Marcelo Matere x 4, Griffith (c)

The war for Cybertron is over-now the hard part begins!
This first of two new ongoing Transformers series offers an excellent jumping-on point and all-new direction as BUMBLEBEE and his fellow AUTOBOTS struggle to maintain control of a world without OPTIMUS PRIME!
FC 32 pages $3.99

*Variant covers:
Wraparound Marcelo Matere cover, featuring the inter-connected image of all 4 covers!
Autobot logo temporary tattoos!
Dan Khanna hand-drawn Autobot sketch cover!

Bullet points:
ONE UNIVERSE! This series, in conjunction with Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye, expands the Transformers universe into exciting, unexplored territory.

Never read an IDW TRANSFORMERS book? THIS is the place to start!

4 inter-connected covers by Marcelo Matere, each featuring a character from the new ongoing series, combining to make one image!

All covers have an eye-catching foil enhancement!

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #1
James Roberts (w) Nick Roche (a) Alex Milne x 4, Roche (c)

The ultimate Transformers saga begins here!
This second all-new ongoing Transformers title reunites the fan-favorite creative team behind Last Stand of the Wreckers and sends the Transformers on an epic quest to the farthest reaches of the Transformers Universe and beyond! The adventure starts here!
FC 32 pages $3.99

*Variant covers:
Wraparound Alex Milne cover, featuring the inter-connected image of all 4 covers!
Decepticon logo temporary tattoos!
Josh Burcham hand-drawn sketch Decepticon cover!

Bullet points:

ONE UNIVERSE! This series, in conjunction with Transformers: Robots in Disguise, expands the Transformers universe into exciting, unexplored territory.

Never read an IDW TRANSFORMERS book? THIS is the place to start!

4 inter-connected covers by Alex Milne, each featuring a character from the new ongoing series, combining to make one image!

All covers have an eye-catching foil enhancement!

Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers
Nick Roche & James Roberts (w) Roche & Guido Guidi (a) Trevor Hutchison (c)

An all-new deluxe hardcover collection! The AUTOBOT special ops crew, THE WRECKERS, are sent to investigate Garrus-9, a prison that fell to the DECEPTICONS three years ago with no communication in or out since. Who's really behind the prison siege, and what dark secret awaits SPRINGER there? The answers to those questions will send this mission to the razors edge!
HC FC $29.99 172 pages 7" x 11" ISBN 978-1-61377-126-6

Bullet points:
"The team behind Last Stand of the Wreckers can hold their heads up high knowing that they've produced the best Transformers comic series in years and one that will be used as a benchmark for Transformers comics years from now." -TFW2005.com

A deluxe hardcover in the tradition of the critically acclaimed All Hail Megatron collection!

Infes2ation #1 (of 2)
Duane Swierczynski (w) David Messina (a) Alex Garner, Livio Ramondelli (c)

Last year's groundbreaking Infestation series, IDW's first-ever event, saw many teams from multiple universes fight off a zombie invasion. Now, an even bigger threat has risen to threaten the growing IDW multiverse: Lovecraftian demons threaten to reach across time and space and destroy everyone everywhere and everywhen! Also featuring Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, this framing issue presents a threat that perhaps not even TRANSFORMERS, G.I. JOEs, Danger Girl, and others can surmount!
FC 32 pages $3.99

*Variant covers:
David Messina cover!
Duane Swierczynski signed edition!
Joe Phillips hand-drawn licensed-character sketch cover!
Infes2ation temporary tattoos!

Bullet points:
IDW's biggest event of 2011 returns in an even bigger way, as Lovecraftian monsters spread across numerous titles!

This time, the Infes2ation Event will feature Transformers, 30 Days of Night, G.I. Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Danger Girl, and more!

The lead-in to February's 2-part Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and 30 Days of Night tie-in series, as well as a Groom Lake/Weekly World News one-shot!

March will see Infes2ation affect Transformers, the all-new Dungeons & Dragons campaign of Eberron, and G.I. Joe!

Written by bestselling novelist/comic-book writer Duane Swierczynski and featuring David Messina (Infestation, Infestation: Outbreak, True Blood) on art!

Ask your retailer how to get special temporary Infes2ation tattoos, Duane Swierczynski signed editions & hand-drawn sketch covers by Joe Phillips!
Last edited by Cattleprod on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cattleprod's guide to upcoming releases.
Editing posts to fix broken quotes is like detonating I/D chips.
Cattleprod
Transforumer

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:18 am

Already got Last Stand. Not interested in spending the money on an HC. Not interested in anything else.
Everything I say is OK To Print, Even the Bad Stuff.
"The ongoing had Spike. What need have it of interesting character driven moments between the robots?" = Urzu Six
"And lo, Jesus said unto the moneylenders, 'Give me your face!'" = Kirjava
Darth Bombshell
Transforumer

Postby Josh » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:03 am

January's gonna be epic!

D:
Josh
Transforumer

Postby Soundwave » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:14 am

I just hope Soundwave is still around and gets some time used as a dark horse character, up to his own agenda, and not shown sucking up to Bumblebee or Hotrod as some boot licking lackey to Autobot/Decepticon/New Cybertron World order....

:evil:
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
Soundwave
Transforumer

Postby DanielW » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:09 pm

I just noticed that BB still has his cane! That's cool.
Soundwave, don't worry I can see that series being a political thriller with various factions (even within the nominal "Autobot" and "Decepticon" ranks) plotting and planning against each other. I think it's going to be the "slow" series, focusing more on the friction generated between clashing ideologies, character and the like rather then fighting monsters and looking for hidden artifacts from before the dawn of time.
DanielW
Transforumer

Re: January solicitations

Postby Duo Maxwell » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Cattleprod wrote:Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #1

The only thing I'm not to fond of is how "More Than Meets The Eye" is in that ugly bar at the top. The "Robots in Disguise" title alignment looks much better.
The preceding post is OK to print.
Duo Maxwell
Transforumer

Postby bassbot » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:07 am

Yeah i agree. need to work on that. It's the red colour too for me. If it was just the same orangey desert background that the actual cover is it could work. RiD is working much better at this stage.
Twitter: @lukeabarnett
Lukeabarnett writes on tumblr
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:11 am

bassbot wrote:Yeah i agree. need to work on that. It's the red colour too for me. If it was just the same orangey desert background that the actual cover is it could work. RiD is working much better at this stage.

Dont think its that bad. I think the design is like that to differentiate from the other title because if it was done in the same way it could be confusing for newbies.

My two cents.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Duo Maxwell » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:26 pm

Possibly, but I think the best possible way they could have done the logo would have been how the original logo was done in the first place. Like this:

It's classic, complements the overall logo and would not be mistaken for "Robots in Disguise" in any way.. Even if it had a "More Than Meets the Eye" logo at the bottom of the cover, without a distracting, out of place background it would look much better.

Just a general aesthetics thing, really. As it is, it reminds me of those "An IDW Publishing Production" banners which used to be at the top of the covers of reprint singles/trades. I guess I would rather have more actual cover art than a thick bar shifting the entire cover down.
The preceding post is OK to print.
Duo Maxwell
Transforumer

Postby Soundwave » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:35 pm

DanielW wrote:I just noticed that BB still has his cane! That's cool.
Soundwave, don't worry I can see that series being a political thriller with various factions (even within the nominal "Autobot" and "Decepticon" ranks) plotting and planning against each other. I think it's going to be the "slow" series, focusing more on the friction generated between clashing ideologies, character and the like rather then fighting monsters and looking for hidden artifacts from before the dawn of time.

Well, on the movie verse, They have Bumblebee and Soundwave as these arch enemies....Via Hasbro web site...

These two debating on a political format, not my cup of tea... I hope IDW stays away from the Bumblebee Soundwave arch nemisis crap...

Rather have Bumblebee smarting off with emotional wit, V's Shockwave's Logic, and have Soundwave doing some spy missions, to gain leverage on the Autobots..

I dont know why this is rubbing me the wrong way.... I have a weird feeling about whats coming up. I really hope I'm wrong. Then I'll put my sock in my mouth and read happily. :wink:
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
Soundwave
Transforumer

Postby GRIML0CK122 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:01 pm

will buy everything except infestation. infestation will have sequelitis
I'M BACK B****S!
GRIML0CK122
Slayer

Postby truedeadman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:23 am

Was Last Stand Of The Wreckers collected in any of the IDW Collection hardcovers? I haven't gotten through them all yet. I'm willing to buy a Wreckers hardcover if i don't already have it in another form
truedeadman
Red Shirt

Postby Torpedo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:33 am

truedeadman wrote:Was Last Stand Of The Wreckers collected in any of the IDW Collection hardcovers? I haven't gotten through them all yet. I'm willing to buy a Wreckers hardcover if i don't already have it in another form

Not yet. The latest IDW Collection hardcover, Volume 5, comes out next month and collects All Hail Megatron. No one knows if these IDW Collection editions will continue and collect the ongoing series. If they do, then chronologically, LSotW could/would/should be in Volume 6, along with the contents of Ongoing #1-6 and the four issue Bumblebee mini-series. But again, we don't know if that's happening yet.
Torpedo
Transforumer

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:30 am

Torpedo wrote:No one knows if these IDW Collection editions will continue and collect the ongoing series.

If they are, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Everything I say is OK To Print, Even the Bad Stuff.
"The ongoing had Spike. What need have it of interesting character driven moments between the robots?" = Urzu Six
"And lo, Jesus said unto the moneylenders, 'Give me your face!'" = Kirjava
Darth Bombshell
Transforumer

Postby zhgingaah » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:51 am

Dunno, Darth...

5 x LSOTW
4 x Ironhide
4 x Bumblebee
1 x Spotlight Prowl
32 x Ongoing (inc DoOP/125)

I make that 46 issues. 3 hardbacks across 2012 isn't unreasonable by which time there'll be at least 24 issues of the two new ongoing series plus whatever else pops up before the hard covers are anywhere near 'caught up'.

Prowl, Ongoing 1, Bumblebee, Wreckers, #2-6 gives a nice 16 issue tome. Ironhide and #7-18 likewise, followed by 19-'125'. For covers, I'd reckon on Bumblebee, Ironhide and Rodimus.
*All my nonsense tapped out here is okay to print*
zhgingaah
Transforumer

Next

Return to Transformers