Favourite season of Angel, what will it be....

Drop any comments about Joss Whedon's Angel, Spike or any of the related titles in this space, whether you have a soul or not.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Favourite season of Angel, what will it be....

Postby angeliclestat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:08 am

Originally posted by AngelsDarla
Posted: Feb. 15 2007,10:23 quote

Mine is Season 2 because of all the Angel/Darla interaction:)....but season 5 comes a very close second
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:08 am

JackB
Posted: Feb. 15 2007,11:09 quote

Hmm....probably Season 4. I just loved the whole epic feel to it. I really think that Angel became very comicbookish (in the best way) this season...from the intro of Gwen the lightening girl...to the rain of fire ...and the big beast. I think that it moved away from its noir beginnings and really took on another persona. I love Angel in all its guises (cos guise will be guise - wonder where I got that from;) but I think the comic book flavour of this season really worked well.

JB
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:09 am

voyboy
Posted: Feb. 16 2007,1:59 quote

It has all the great eps. Numero Cinquo,Destiny,Soul Purpose,Damage,You're Welcome.Smile Time,Underneath,Origin,Power Play,Not Fade Away.

Amazing stuff

~voyboy~
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:09 am

BrianLynch
Posted: Feb. 16 2007,2:18 quote

Enough of this ANGEL talk, what's everyone's favorite season of JOEY? I like season 1!
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:10 am

Ryall
Posted: Feb. 16 2007,3:18 quote

Quote (BrianLynch @ Feb. 16 2007,2:18)
I liked 3 the best. Followed by 5. Though there wasn't a season I didn't love.

Enough of this ANGEL talk, what's everyone's favorite season of JOEY? I like season 1!

I liked the season where they cancelled JOEY--that was great. After it was cancelled, I mean.

Angel Season 5 is definitely my favorite. Oh, Fred, I'm still so sad.

--------------
Chris Ryall
Publisher / Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:11 am

Buffyversefantic
Posted: Feb. 16 2007,6:00 quote

My favorite season of Angel is season 2.I'm a arc heavy guy and I loved the Beige Angel and Darla arc of season 2 the most.Season 4 follows that.Again,I loved the arc of the season and this was a very arc heavy year.

After that I would put season 1.Don't care for the standalone format as much although season 1 has great individule episodes.My top three favorite episodes are in season 1.

Season 5 then follows.Again some great individule episodes but the first part of the season was dull to me in the same way season 1 was due to the anthology format.The mini arcs then began and some I liked while others I didn't care as much for.What probably kills the season for me and,I know many will disagree,but I thought the series had a bad ending.The last three episodes just tainted the season for me.TGIQ I consider possibly one of the worst episodes of either series.Just terrible as far as I'm concerned.One of the things I'm glad Joss has done is fixed that episode at least somewhat in my mind in light of the Buffy season 8 spoilers.The Wes/Illyria stuff I liked with Fred's parents but the rest,I feel like I want the rest of my hour back.Just want to thank Joss again for wiping out the Buffy/Immortal part of the episode in the upcoming comics.

As for Power Play/Not Fade Away,as a 2 part season finale,it would of been great which is what it was originally supposed to be but as a series finale,I was really let down and disappointed.I don't care how much Joss tries to say different,that was a cliffhanger ending to the series.Like I said,there are many aspects of season 5 i did like as well.All the seasons have things I like but as a whole season 5 is next to last.

In last place,I would put season 3.I liked the Holtz plot and wish more was done with that but as a whole I didn't care for the other parts of the arc.

I didn't like Conner untill he came back as a teen in episode 19/20.I didn't mind the idea of Angel having a child but I just wanted to get to the fast grow part which is one of the reasons I love season 4.

The cutsy baby Conner stuff made me cringe.Once Conner came back as a teen and that part of the story got going with Holtz revenge and into season 4,all that,I loved.Plus the climax of Conner's story in Origin was marvelous.Origin is actually my favorite episode of season 5 and is in my top five favorite of the series.You know,if I could have a new Buffyverse spin-off series,right now at this point,I would want a Conner spin-off series probably.I think out of everyone he and probably Illyria have the biggest blank slate going for a new series really in my opinion.Plus it would be very easy to bring in other Buffy/Angelverse characters as well for guest appearences.

The glow bug super powered Cordy, Cordelia/Angel stuff and the Groo triangle along with the Gunn/Fred and triangle with Wes,I didn't care for.Much like with Conner,I liked the dark Wes stuff started in the later part of season 3 that continued into season 4 with Lilah.

So my ranking from best to worst is...

season 2
season 4
season 1
season 5
season 3

And just for the sake of including it.My ranking of best to worst seasons of Buffy are...

season 3
season 2
season 5
season 1
season 7
season 6
season 4

Again,all seasons have various things I like.
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:11 am

angeliclestat
Posted: Feb. 16 2007,11:55 edit quote

I love love love the Darla arc as well....but as a whole season5 worked much better. I adore every season of Angel, so even putting 3 on the bottom of the list is misleading, because my lowest season of Angel, ranks miles above evrything else on TV.

Its amazing how many good episodes season 1 has, and the more experimental season3 has a few duds (carpe noctem,provider and double or nothing spring to mind), but the baby arc was amazing. But for arciness nothing beats season 4, epic in its scope and ambition, not everything was pulled off, but what a ride for the year.

I liked the more standaloney style of Season 5 after the cliffhanginess of season4, but its still amazing how arcy it is, despite what people say. its just more heavily hidden.

So 5 and 2 are the best for me.
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:12 am

Shade of Pale
Posted: Feb. 17 2007,5:02 quote

4 & 3

Season 5 only had a couple of episodes that I didn't really enjoy. These were 'Why we Fight' and 'Unleashed.' - I liked the idea of the gang being stuck at Wolfram and Hart - and really liked Gunn's story arc, the Spike/Angel interaction and the wonderful series finale. I could have done without Eve, though. Hellbound, Smile Time, Damage and A Hole in the World were favourite episodes. I thought that the whole series had great emotional intensity. The deaths of Fred, Cordy and Wes hit hard - as did seeing Angel, Spike, Illyira and Gunn face overwhelming odds in the alleyway. Powerful stuff.
Season 2 made Angel must see TV for me. I loved the Angel/Darla story arc, the introduction of Fred and the fang gang trying to run the detective angency on their own, without Angel. 'The Trial' was a favourite episode of mine.
Season 4 and 3 were equally good as each other - I didn't mind Connor as a baby or an adult, since seeing Angel, trying his best to be a good father made for a story with alot of emotional resonance.
Season 1. I missed Doyle, but enjoyed the introduction of Wes.
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:12 am

Supersonic
Posted: Feb. 17 2007,8:01 quote

2 (fave episodes: Judgement, Guise will be Guise, Epiphany)
4 (fave episodes: Reign of Fire, Spin the Bottle, Home)
3 (fave episodes: That Old Gang of Mine, Sleep Tight, Forgiving)
1 (fave episodes: City Of, Parting Gifts, 5x5)
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:13 am

metaledge Posted: Feb. 18 2007,3:09

---------------------

Quote (Ryall @ Feb. 16 2007,3:18)
Angel Season 5 is definitely my favorite. Oh, Fred, I'm still so sad.

Ya...but we got Illyria...and she was way cooler:)

Mine wud be:
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:13 am

Angelrama
Posted: Feb. 22 2007,3:34 quote

But If I was forced to...not that I am ..I would go with

2 - I love the Darla arc, the Beige Angel arc...I even Love Pylea:)
5 - Pretty much on par with 2 for me
1 - I liked the anthology aspect of it, because I think it was a nice set up, and the introduction of Wolfram and Hart was done very slowly and very succesfully.
3 - The baby arc, waiting in the wings!, dark wes, connor...so good
4 - This got very arcy, which I love,,.,but also had evil Cordy..which i didnt...but other than that was great.

--------------
Personally...I kinda wanna slay the dragon..Let's go to work!
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:14 am

sueworld
Posted: Feb. 22 2007,4:49 quote

But then I found all the seasons to be enjoyable one way or another.
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby Derf » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:25 am

I'd list my favourite seasons of Angel as

1. season five
2. season three
3. season two
4. season for
5. season one
Derf
Slayer

Postby NotFadeAway » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:27 am

Season 5 was one of the best seasons of any television program, of any age.

Also the final episode was one of the best endings of any television program, of any age.

I'd challenge anyone to come up with a better final episode!
3 years on.....they have not faded away!

NotFadeAway
Red Shirt

Postby Jean-Vic » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:48 pm

NotFadeAway wrote:
I'd challenge anyone to come up with a better final episode!

Becoming Part 2.

I know this thread is old but I wanted to say my bit anyway. From best to worst:

Season 3
Season 1
Season 2
Season 4
Season 5
I'm so glad I'm an Asshole!
Jean-Vic
Transforumer

Next

Return to Angel