Angel: the end times

Drop any comments about Joss Whedon's Angel, Spike or any of the related titles in this space, whether you have a soul or not.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Postby Lostsoul666 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:22 pm

I want to say thanks to everyone at IDW for there work on the Angel series.
When Not Fade Away first aired back in 2004 I was very sad to see Angel end.
I remember when I first heard about IDW getting the rights to Angel, I was so happy.
For the most part I have enjoyed IDW's Angel comics. The early Angel stories(The Curse, and Old Friends)were a little weak, but we soon got tons of great stuff(Spike: Old Wounds, Spike: Old Times, and Spike vs. Dracula to name a few).
Then we got After the Fall which is one of the best stories that I have ever read.
Plus I love the characters that have become a part of the Angelverse canon. I love Betta George, Beck, and all of the Mosaic Wellness Centre cast of characters.
Thank you everyone at IDW for your awesome work on Angel.
I rather read a good non-canon story, then a bad canon story.
http://vampfox.deviantart.com/
Lostsoul666
Comic Book Guy

Postby Bovy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:50 am

Shade of Pale wrote:[...]I'm also sad about [...] and thats before I start thinking about the loss of all the IDW staff and writers from the Angelverse. :(
That's also one of mine problems. Ryall has insured us of Urru's staying with IDW, so that's one burden of my shoulders. The rest of the team has maybe a rather more unsure future. Well, apart from Messina, he's IDW's top artist so he's being kept busy, no worries about that (Star Trek, Infestation and so on..). I only hope that the rest don't get "drafted" to licenses I don't care about. If so, then I'd have a hard time finding the motivation (and money) to buy their books. Mariah mentioned that Jenny Frison's staying, doing True Blood covers and other non-announced stuff. Elena Casagrande is drifting towards Marvel and "men in thights". Not my choise of comics to buy, but probably a sound career choise for Elena.

To make a brief statement: I'm more likely to pick up stuff from the former Angel-team, if it's not tied into any licenses.
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby nmcil12 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:17 am

Deborahmm wrote:
DanielW wrote:It's been a wild ride, not just fictionally, but meeting interesting people like Pat, Jean-Vic, Deb and all the others.

Nice meeting you too, Daniel, and everyone else involved in the Angel comics - Chris, Mariah, Scott and the rest of you who post here. Been posting on this board a long time. I'm going to miss it.

I'd like to say an especial thanks to Chris for always taking the high ground over the years and always treating the fans with respect and consideration, even when he disagreed with them.

Much appreciated, and good luck with that eBaying.

Want to add my "thanks" to Mr. Ryall and all the IDW staff who have taken so much time with this forum - as a reader and fan, I really appreciate all your efforts.

I have been a reader and fan of the IDW Angelverse since After the Fall - I was so glad that AtS was going to continue with the IDW comic books. I have enjoyed all the works with few exceptions. I look forward to adding the last tribute annual and hardcover editions to my collection.

Thank You all for keeping the Angelverse alive for all the fans these past years.

nmcil12
Comic Book Guy

Thanks.

Postby Bill Williams » Wed May 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Seeing Eddie's name on the poster made me grin!
Bill Williams
Slayer

Postby Bovy » Thu May 19, 2011 5:33 am

Just chiming in to say that the tribute poster looks smashing. Any links to a bigger size?
It seems quite wallpaper worthy, or atleast in my eyes.

Oh, and thank you too Bill Williams, for doing your part in creating new adventures for Angel Investigation.
Your stories were set at the outskirts of Angel's world, true, but I bet that's a whole lots of better than not having any stories at all.
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Bill Williams » Thu May 19, 2011 9:40 am

You are correct sir.

It is better to work at the fringe than to not work at all.
Bill Williams
Slayer

Postby Veiriti » Fri May 20, 2011 1:03 am

Yeah, Eddie Hope was very cool character. I’ve enjoyed the dynamic between Eddie and Spike. And I’m curious about something… in the end of “Spike The Devil You Know” Sebasis’s sister the Archduchess left for San Francisco… maybe she will meet Spike and Buffy there… who knows. :)
Spike - "Love like that makes you stronger than anything... you CAN SAVE THE WORLD WITH A LOVE LIKE THAT."
Veiriti
Transforumer

Postby pshand05 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:14 pm

That's a great poster!
pshand05
Transforumer

Postby Bovy » Mon May 23, 2011 3:38 am

Just passed through Amazon just now, and the description on Angel Volume 3: The Wolf, The Ram, and The Heart, doesn't seem to include the content of the Yearbook. Didn't Amazon include the yearbook in the content previously? I know that Amazon can't be trusted all the times, and such things changes around a bit, but still..
Sorry for you Pat, if your story doesn't get included in this collection, since it's probably the last comic book buy (made by IDW) for a "casual Angel fan" .
http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Wolf-Ram-Heart-HC/dp/1600109446/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b
Description of the HC's content:
IDW's final arc of ANGEL is an epic, bittersweet, last stand to save the city Angel loves! Ripped from the "now" into the far future, Angel discovers that if he doesn't stop James or "Myr", the not-angel, Los Angeles will end up as a Blade Runnery disaster of demon breeding farms and war. His ally in this stark world is Wolfram & Hart, who he knows better than to trust. Yet, it's clear that some things are worse than the Apocalypse. Maybe.
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby pshand05 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:49 pm

Yearbook isn't in there, no. It will be collected for sure, though. IDW isn't going to put out any new ANGEL stories after Yearbook, but they still have the rights to the material that has already been published (hence the new omnibus and The Covers). No need to be sorry for me, as "Yearbook" will show up down the line!
pshand05
Transforumer

Postby Bovy » Mon May 23, 2011 10:43 pm

pshand05 wrote:Yearbook isn't in there, no. It will be collected for sure, though. IDW isn't going to put out any new ANGEL stories after Yearbook, but they still have the rights to the material that has already been published (hence the new omnibus and The Covers). No need to be sorry for me, as "Yearbook" will show up down the line!
I know it will be collected, I know IDW keeps the rights for reprints, and I could probably have phrased this better (I put a bit of the blame on not having English as a first language).
What I meant was: since Angel moves to DH, Angel Vol 3 is most likely the last time a "casual Angel comic fan" buys an IDW book. Only us hardcore fans will stick around for various reprints.
But you never know, if IDW put it together with something absolutely wonderful, then the bigger chances for the casual fan buying it.

Idea appears: Do an oversized HC and put Yearbook together with The Complete Urru Cover Collection (as mentioned in The Covers HC thread)! Problem solved!
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Previous

Return to Angel