All Things Illyria

Drop any comments about Joss Whedon's Angel, Spike or any of the related titles in this space, whether you have a soul or not.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Postby Double Dutchess » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:27 am

pshand05 wrote:As my BCR blog winds down, I'm taking a look at how the various IDW Angel series ends. This one takes a look at where Illyria started and where these comics took her, paying particular attention to ILLYRIA: HAUNTED.

http://buffyversecomics.blogspot.com/20 ... ct-on.html

Good account of Illyria's amazing development. (I would have liked to see a bit more of it in Only Human, but the other comics more than made up for it.) Reading your post makes me think I really should read the Fallen Angel crossover comic. So far, I'd refrained from that because I'm not familiar with Fallen Angel.

BTW, when looking at your blog I noticed that Stephen Mooney has put up a new Angel picture (commission).
Double Dutchess
Transforumer

Postby Shade of Pale » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:14 am

Thanks. I've enjoyed Illyria's character development at IDW, especially AtF and 'Haunted.' Like Double Dutchess, I was looking for more from 'Only Human' from an Illyria pov, but from a Gunn perspective, following on from 'Epilogue,' that story really worked. 'Haunted' has been a big bonus for me, which I nearly discounted getting. I'm glad now, that I got it, because I enjoyed all the issues. The thoughtful characterization and wonderful artwork made for a winning combination.
Shade of Pale
Transforumer

Postby DanielW » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:37 pm

The July Angel Omnibus #2 is basically an Illyria omnibus.
And Daniel was happy.

ANGEL OMNIBUS, VOL. 2

Written by Brian Lynch, David Tischman, Scott Tipton, art by Elena Casagrande, Franco Urru, David Messina, covers by Jenny Frison.

Angel has had some most excellent adventures in his IDW-verse, and the second Angel Omnibus volume collects a whole bunch of them! Includes Smile Time, A Hole in the World, Barbary Coast, Only Human, and Not Fade Away.

442 pages, $24.99.

any chance it'll include Haunted as well??
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby pshand05 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 am

That should read as "Scott Lobdell," not "Brian Lynch."
pshand05
Transforumer

Previous

Return to Angel