All Things Illyria

Drop any comments about Joss Whedon's Angel, Spike or any of the related titles in this space, whether you have a soul or not.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Postby Double Dutchess » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:27 am

pshand05 wrote:As my BCR blog winds down, I'm taking a look at how the various IDW Angel series ends. This one takes a look at where Illyria started and where these comics took her, paying particular attention to ILLYRIA: HAUNTED. ... ct-on.html

Good account of Illyria's amazing development. (I would have liked to see a bit more of it in Only Human, but the other comics more than made up for it.) Reading your post makes me think I really should read the Fallen Angel crossover comic. So far, I'd refrained from that because I'm not familiar with Fallen Angel.

BTW, when looking at your blog I noticed that Stephen Mooney has put up a new Angel picture (commission).
Double Dutchess

Postby Shade of Pale » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:14 am

Thanks. I've enjoyed Illyria's character development at IDW, especially AtF and 'Haunted.' Like Double Dutchess, I was looking for more from 'Only Human' from an Illyria pov, but from a Gunn perspective, following on from 'Epilogue,' that story really worked. 'Haunted' has been a big bonus for me, which I nearly discounted getting. I'm glad now, that I got it, because I enjoyed all the issues. The thoughtful characterization and wonderful artwork made for a winning combination.
Shade of Pale

Postby DanielW » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:37 pm

The July Angel Omnibus #2 is basically an Illyria omnibus.
And Daniel was happy.

Written by Brian Lynch, David Tischman, Scott Tipton, art by Elena Casagrande, Franco Urru, David Messina, covers by Jenny Frison.

Angel has had some most excellent adventures in his IDW-verse, and the second Angel Omnibus volume collects a whole bunch of them! Includes Smile Time, A Hole in the World, Barbary Coast, Only Human, and Not Fade Away.

442 pages, $24.99.

any chance it'll include Haunted as well??

Postby pshand05 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 am

That should read as "Scott Lobdell," not "Brian Lynch."

Return to Angel