Which Transformers will be in the Megatron Origin?

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby oneshallstand » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:04 pm

Good to see you on here Eric. It's fair to say that your story will be hugely anticipated by all of us on here (not wishing to pile on the pressure any more!). Have you been influenced at all by the Marvel #1 story?

With Megatron forming the Decepticons with help from an inner circle of Ravage and Soundwave, then undergoing modifications to be able to transform, and one day launching their attack? Or, will this be a different to other early years stories we may have seen?
Steve

"May your luster never dull and your wires never cross"

http://www.oneshallstand.com - UK based TF fansite and comic store

ALL MY POSTS ARE OKAY TO PRINT
oneshallstand
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Goodchild » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:48 pm

oneshallstand wrote:Good to see you on here Eric. It's fair to say that your story will be hugely anticipated by all of us on here (not wishing to pile on the pressure any more!). Have you been influenced at all by the Marvel #1 story?

With Megatron forming the Decepticons with help from an inner circle of Ravage and Soundwave, then undergoing modifications to be able to transform, and one day launching their attack? Or, will this be a different to other early years stories we may have seen?

Glad to hear you're looking forward to the series :)

Not to give too much away, but I can confirm that this is not a retelling. I think it's fair to say that IDW is doing a good job of steering clear of retellings but are also staying true to the spirit of the original content. I think I read somewhere that someone said it was like the Ultimate universe, and I think that's a good analogy.

So, this won't be an expanded Marvel #1 but it will touch on and expand concepts you're familiar with.
-
Eric Holmes
Goodchild
Comic Book Guy

Postby AutobotWarrior » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:48 pm

Goodchild wrote:
AutobotWarrior wrote:
Goodchild wrote:How do you know this?

That would be because I'm writing it.

OO sorry about that, thanks for the news. I didn't know who you were.
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer

Postby bassbot » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:57 pm

thanks for the news Eric, be great to see Prowl in this situation. fantastici, i like the possibilities that this series will provide.
and yeah, using the familiar concepts, cannot wait to see what you're going to do.

i'll ask a question too, is there going to be much of Prime in this? (or at all...)
Twitter: @lukeabarnett
Lukeabarnett writes on tumblr
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby Goodchild » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:04 pm

bassbot wrote:thanks for the news Eric, be great to see Prowl in this situation. fantastici, i like the possibilities that this series will provide.
and yeah, using the familiar concepts, cannot wait to see what you're going to do.

i'll ask a question too, is there going to be much of Prime in this? (or at all...)

There are some things you'll have until May to find out :)

I think there'll be at least one significant surprise each issue.
-
Eric Holmes
Goodchild
Comic Book Guy

Postby brainwash » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:04 pm

Love to see as much War-Within style as possible. Cybertron was a pretty burned-out setting to do anything with except combat. A pre-war Cybertron should be much more versatile.
brainwash
Transforumer

Postby oneshallstand » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:32 pm

In the Marvel origin the bots and cons developed transformation abilities as a tool of war. In peacetime they didn't transform.

But this is IDW not Marvel and as Eric said this won't be a retelling. So I'm curious as to whether Megatron and others will be able to transform when we first see them. Or will these abilities come as they prepare for/wage war? Also curious to know if we'll see Megatron being created?
Steve

"May your luster never dull and your wires never cross"

http://www.oneshallstand.com - UK based TF fansite and comic store

ALL MY POSTS ARE OKAY TO PRINT
oneshallstand
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby brainwash » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:48 pm

I'd love to see some dynamics between those who became loyal to the Decepticon cause and those that don't or become Autobots by default. A brainwashing machine like Megatron used in the cartoon is a quick and contrived way to get there, but here's hoping they don't use that.
brainwash
Transforumer

Postby DoubleTake » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:10 pm

brainwash wrote:I'd love to see some dynamics between those who became loyal to the Decepticon cause and those that don't or become Autobots by default. A brainwashing machine like Megatron used in the cartoon is a quick and contrived way to get there, but here's hoping they don't use that.

Ditto! Though I'm all about the character interaction. And explosions.

Not sure if it's been posted yet but this was something my comic shop threw in my box with my books this week. I'm all hyped and giddy for the book again. :lol:

DoubleTake
Forum Zombie

Postby bassbot » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:41 pm

yeah all good Eric. i actually don't really wanna know, especially for this series, don't want it spoiled.

Megs looks fierce!
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby GeO » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:27 pm

I'm lovin' the Megatron font with the classic silver/gray. I like the 'origin' too.

But...

Knowing the type of story that this is, shouldn't there maybe be a decepticon insignia in the word 'Transformers' instead of an Autobot one? This is a Decepticon origin afterall. All IDW TF books up to this point have exclusively had the Autobot insignia in the Transformers header, even the Shockwave spotlight. This would seem like a good time to break out the 'con one. It's not a make or break thing, just an idea :wink:.

GeO
Transforumer

Postby Goodchild » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:31 pm

GeO wrote:I'm lovin' the Megatron font with the classic silver/gray. I like the 'origin' too.

But...

Knowing the type of story that this is, shouldn't there maybe be a decepticon insignia in the word 'Transformers' instead of an Autobot one? This is a Decepticon origin afterall. All IDW TF books up to this point have exclusively had the Autobot insignia in the Transformers header, even the Shockwave spotlight. This would seem like a good time to break out the 'con one. It's not a make or break thing, just an idea :wink:.

Man has a point. Ryall? :)
-
Eric Holmes
Goodchild
Comic Book Guy

Postby Richter » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:56 pm

Goodchild wrote:Ratbat will be "Cybertronian"... that's all I can say about that.

I'll give ya three more.

- Prowl
- Ravage
- aaaand someone who has no background whatsoever! (By this I do NOT mean Megatron!)

Now...who else do you want? ;-)

Thanks Eric, for posting here, it realy makes us fans happy when the writers talk to us.

Is the mysterious character Autobot, Decepticon or neither?
Richter
Transforumer

Postby Goodchild » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:38 am

Richter wrote:
Thanks Eric, for posting here, it realy makes us fans happy when the writers talk to us.

Is the mysterious character Autobot, Decepticon or neither?

Hey, no problem. :)

If you start asking questions like that it'd be really easy to narrow it down right away. It's someone...unique.
-
Eric Holmes
Goodchild
Comic Book Guy

Postby bassbot » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:00 am

can only be one bot - Wheelie!!!

:P
bassbot
Transforumer

PreviousNext