Destiny Comic

Trekkies, Trekkers, Trek-newbies, or just fans of "Free Enterprise," are all welcome here.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Destiny Comic

Postby Matthias Russell » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:04 pm

The Destiny 3 part book series affected all subsequent relaunch novels. It was about the Borg invasion of Federation space and the final solution for the borg. It would be an excellent candidate to be converted to a graphic novel being full of characters from most of the series and would require a long run. It is full of action and would translate well, bringing in those who read the books and non relaunch readers alike. Plus, since IDW has made movies into graphic novels, why not try converting a book?

Would anyone else like to see IDW and David Mack make the Destiny books into a limited comic series?
Matthias Russell
Red Shirt

Postby Ro-Dan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:02 pm

I'd check it out. I've heard some cool things about "Destiny". Actually, I'd like to see Shatner's Trek novels adapted as comics too!
Ro-Dan
Transforumer

Postby Matthias Russell » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:22 pm

I understand a comic was made of "Ashes of Eden but I don't know when or by who. I did read the art depicted Kirk as being too young.
Matthias Russell
Red Shirt

Postby Ro-Dan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:47 am

Yeah, I have that one too. It'd be nice to see those books continue to be adapted, but it'll probably never happen.
Ro-Dan
Transforumer

Postby sulfur » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:51 am

Ashes of Eden was done by DC Comics in 1995. The artists for it were Steve Erwin and Jimmy Palmiotti. Not sure who adapted the prose into a comic script, as the only writing credits were for Shatner and the Reeve-Stevens.

Decent adaptation of what is likely Shatner's best Trek novel. The art did suffer a bit, but that was toward the tail end of the license years for DC too.
sulfur
I'm kind of a big deal

Return to Star Trek