Heart of Darkness

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Heart of Darkness

Postby hook line and sinker » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:36 am

Let the speculations and fan demands begin! The new series begins next month spinning out of the mighty Infestation #2!
hook line and sinker
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 am

In that case, I wonder if you-know-who will be back? I hope so...
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby colky7 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:29 am

Yeah, after what i just heard about infestation 2, this is gonna be epic!!
colky7
Transforumer

Postby sol magnus » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:33 am

Even though it has it's hiccups, TF: infestation has definitely left me with a good feeling about Heart of Darkness. Can't wait for this one!
I can't deal with that now.
[OK to Print]
sol magnus
Transforumer

Postby TheLegendaryAntiHero » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 pm

colky7 wrote:Yeah, after what i just heard about infestation 2, this is gonna be epic!!

Does this mean that Infestation #2 wasn't a concluding comic? I guess I can't assume a story arc will start and end in just two issues.
Print me! Print me! Print me!
TheLegendaryAntiHero
Transforumer

Postby colky7 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:28 pm

^^^ I've not actually read it yet mate, but Sol tipped me off about some big spoilers, one of which is bound to have an effect in this series....
colky7
Transforumer

Postby GWolfV2 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:41 pm

After infestation, I am pumped. I haven't been this pumped since Last Stand of the Wreckers. The events in Infestation were a great tease.
Unofficial head proponent of the If You Kill People Then Revive Them, You Make Killing People Pointless, Cheapen Your Comic And Encourage Me To Punch You Movement
GWolfV2
Transforumer

Postby HdE » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Sprite wrote:In that case, I wonder if you-know-who will be back? I hope so...

If 'you know who' is who I THINK you're referring to - HE HAD BETTER BE! :evil:

I'm hearing things about Transformers: Infestation and the events that unfold within its covers, and I am pretty apprehensive about the whole thing, including Hearts of Darkness.

I have faith in Abnett and Lanning to deliver well written, expertly crafted stories. But I have a horrible feeling those stories are not going to be what I want personally, if that makes sense.
I letter comics. Quite a bit.

HdE
Transforumer

Postby Energon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:05 pm

And I thought that Infestation was going to end there. That the crossover was just going to be a crossover arc and nothing more. :(

Where is the synopsys for Heart of Darkness posted?

Glad that the Zombie story is not getting bad reviews.
Energon
Forum Zombie

Postby Duo Maxwell » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Sprite wrote:In that case, I wonder if you-know-who will be back? I hope so...

Are you seriously telling me Voldermort is coming back again?! I didn't know he was even in consideration for Heart of Darkness.
The preceding post is OK to print.
Duo Maxwell
Transforumer

Postby Gwynn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:07 pm

I'm with you HdE - I'm in the same boat. I don't doubt they can deliver great Zombie stories, I'm just concerned that they won't deliver a good Transformers story.

That said I miss the big G, so it'll be good to see Galvatron getting more pagetime.
Ok to print
Gwynn
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby HdE » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Gwynn wrote:I'm with you HdE - I'm in the same boat. I don't doubt they can deliver great Zombie stories, I'm just concerned that they won't deliver a good Transformers story.

Oh, I think they'll turn in a good Transformers story. In fact, I'm CONVINCED that they'll do great work. I just have a sneaky suspicion that it'll be a great story that isn't quite my cup of tea, if you get what I mean. I'm kinda averse to anything that dips a toe in the supernatural, and Galvatron and Co. have always had that whiff about them. I just feel a little antsy about what ANY new writer is going to do with them.

I don't think Transformers is about to be deluged with zombies, though. Infestation seems to be getting that stuff 'out of the system', as well as looking like good fun.
I letter comics. Quite a bit.

HdE
Transforumer

Postby tleilaxian » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:47 am

Guys, I'm a little confused here. I suppose, Heart of Darkness continues the Infestation story? But is it in continuity with the main on-going series? I searched the web for an answer, but couldn't find one. And TFWiki has no information on this.
tleilaxian
Red Shirt

Postby Sprite » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:46 am

Well, it kinda has to be, considering it pretty much scraps one pretty major character... (who probably will have to be brought back at some point)
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Kirjava » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:29 am

Said dude's demise, as we shall refer to it, is considerably better than Sunstreaker's or Ironhide's, for example, in that he could reasonably be brought back without cheapening the whole concept of death.
Kirjava
Transforumer

Next

Return to Transformers