The Sales Thread

Yo, Joe! The base of operations for your comments is open and ready for your transmissions.

Moderators: JohnBarber, CarlosG86, Bobby Curnow, Mariah, shanecdavis

The Sales Thread

Postby ER » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:34 am

I know I said a while back that I would start a sales thread if nobody else did - sorry it took me so long to actually do it!

These numbers come from ICv2.com (thanks to Abomb for directing me here)

IDW's top sellers for February 2010:

1) G.I. Joe Origins #12 (12,312 copies sold)
2) Transformers #4 (12,221)
3) G.I. Joe Cobra II #2 (11,121)
4) Angel #30 (11,044)
5) G.I. Joe Operation Hiss #1 (10,140)
6) TF Bumblebee #3 (8,537)

*Keep in mind that the main Joe title wasn't released in Feb

If you'd like to see all the sales numbers for the reboot so far, check out Phil's board or Abomb's spreadheet (links to both on the "self-moderating" thread) but I'm not going to repost all of those numbers here.

It's sad to see the Joe numbers this low compared to where they were last year at this time, but on the upside it's doing very well in comparison with the other IDW titles, which means that IDW should have every reason to keep them coming in mass (no pun intended) quantity - if I get to buy a Joe book every week, I'm happy! (even if I do gripe about some of them :) )
Last edited by ER on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ER
Transforumer

Postby bluekatt » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 am

fumblebee ?
what about last stand of the wreckers ?
an cuihin leta an gra cra croi an ghra ta gliondar sa saol cuardaims e
What ever I rant about is okay to print I suppose.
bluekatt
Transforumer

Postby ER » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:50 am

Last Stand of the Wreckers #2 was IDW's 11th highest seller for Feb with 5,744 copies sold. It was lower on the list than the other TF books thanks to another Angel title, Dr. Who, Star Trek, and Ghostbusters, if I'm remembering right.
ER
Transforumer

Postby bluekatt » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:08 pm

thats because a diamond truck crashed and all the comics were destroyed
no numbers on march yet ?
an cuihin leta an gra cra croi an ghra ta gliondar sa saol cuardaims e
What ever I rant about is okay to print I suppose.
bluekatt
Transforumer

Postby ER » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:32 pm

I haven't seen anything on March yet, but I'll post them when I do
ER
Transforumer

Postby abner419 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:49 pm

GI Joe: Origins is IDW's the top selling comic? Then why does "Transformers" have the top spot on the forum page and you have to go halfway down to get to GI Joe???

I think we should have at LEAST equal billing at the top of the forum page!!!!
abner419
Forum Zombie

Postby FDrowned » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:52 pm

abner419 wrote:GI Joe: Origins is IDW's the top selling comic? Then why does "Transformers" have the top spot on the forum page and you have to go halfway down to get to GI Joe???

1.) Transformers was here first
2.) There's more forum activity in the TF Section
FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby ER » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:23 am

yep, good points. TF has over 100,000 posts (!) compared to the 8,000 posts over here.

I did notice that TF has their own fan art section. I wonder if a Joe fan art section was set up if that would attract more Joe fans to the boards over here...
ER
Transforumer

Postby abner419 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:56 pm

ER wrote:yep, good points. TF has over 100,000 posts (!) compared to the 8,000 posts over here.

I did notice that TF has their own fan art section. I wonder if a Joe fan art section was set up if that would attract more Joe fans to the boards over here...

How many more years has IDW been doing Transformers?

(and I still think we should moved to the top - even if we are directly below those "Transformer" people - LOL) :D
abner419
Forum Zombie

Postby ER » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:05 pm

I'm not sure how long TF has been here, but even so, if IDW had both Joe and TF for the same amount of time there would still be way more posts on the TF board than ours - it seems like they get hundreds of posts for every issue while we are doing good if we get 20 comments on an issue. Yeah, I'm kinda jealous of the happening TF board, I admit it :)

And we used to be right beneath the TF but the "titles" section was recently moved beneath the "miscellaneous" section. Of course TF has their own section (how come there's not an envious emoticon?) so this didn't affect them.

Mom and Dad, why do the Transformers get their own room and we have to share with Angel and Star Trek? -gripe, gripe- :)
ER
Transforumer

Postby abner419 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:05 pm

ER wrote:
Mom and Dad, why do the Transformers get their own room and we have to share with Angel and Star Trek? -gripe, gripe- :)

LOL - You got me there! I guess Star Trek is a decent roommate - if we can just keep them tribbles from taking over!
abner419
Forum Zombie

Postby Andy Schmidt » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:35 pm

I don't usually post about numbers, and I'm not really going to do so here in any concrete way as it's actually privileged information.

I will say this. Numbers on G.I. Joe and Transformers are both quite healthy. Which makes me remarkably happy.

Andy
"I've got better things to do tonight than die." --Springer
Andy Schmidt
Site Admin

Postby Antoon B » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:40 am

well let me see

7 - Angel Hole in the world #3 8179
8 - Doctor Who ongoing #8 7015
9 - Star Trek Movie adaptation #1 6436
10 - Ghostbusters Holiday SP Tainted 5817
11 - The wreckers 5744
Antoon B
Slayer

Postby ER » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:07 am

abner419 wrote:
ER wrote:

LOL - You got me there! I guess Star Trek is a decent roommate - if we can just keep them tribbles from taking over!

that line wasn't meant as a slam against your idea to move Joe up to the top - I think it would be great for Joe to have their own section with a separate fan art segment like the TF have - that line was intended toward our mods as a backup to what you were saying - I was just trying to put some humor into it!
ER
Transforumer

Postby ER » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:22 am

Andy Schmidt wrote:I don't usually post about numbers, and I'm not really going to do so here in any concrete way as it's actually privileged information.

I will say this. Numbers on G.I. Joe and Transformers are both quite healthy. Which makes me remarkably happy.

Andy

Great to hear!

And just in case there's anyone who didn't know, these numbers reflect comic book shop sales and don't include subscriptions, online sales, or digital sales, so the amount of people buying Joe and TF are much higher than the numbers we see here.

But as I think it was GhostX said on Phil's board, these numbers are useful for comparative purposes. For example, if Joe, TF, and Angel are IDW's highest sellers in the comic shops then chances are they are their highest online and digital sellers as well. Obviously I can't say this for a fact, but these numbers are the best we got, and are still somewhat useful to look at - or if nothing else, thy're fun to look at :)
ER
Transforumer

Next

Return to G.I. Joe