ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS VS AMAZONS

Discuss the works of Ash, whether it be Popbot, Lore, Doomed, Metal Gear Solid, Grande Fanta, Swallow, Sparrow, D'Airain Aventure or anything else he whips out.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS VS AMAZONS

Postby letsbuildquietarmies » Tue May 08, 2007 3:39 pm

Hey folks, make sure you check out the new post on Ash's blog for a great teaser image for ZVRVA. My excitement levels are on par with those insane teenage girls that they'd show on TV waiting for the Beatles at an airport :lol:

http://ashleybambaland.blogspot.com/
letsbuildquietarmies
Comic Book Guy

Re: ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS VS AMAZONS

Postby Ryall » Tue May 08, 2007 3:43 pm

letsbuildquietarmies wrote:Hey folks, make sure you check out the new post on Ash's blog for a great teaser image for ZVRVA. My excitement levels are on par with those insane teenage girls that they'd show on TV waiting for the Beatles at an airport :lol:

http://ashleybambaland.blogspot.com/

First one's coming in September! We're gonna out-crazy the last miniseries.
Chris Ryall
Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing
Ryall
Transforumer

Postby letsbuildquietarmies » Tue May 08, 2007 4:58 pm

Oh man, that just makes me want it even more!!!!! Any hints as to what will happen after ZVRVA? Anyone/anything else going to be added to the mix to give us a ZVRVAV(?) series down the line? It could go on forever...and I seriously hope it does.

Can't wait for the collection in July, I've already promised one of my nephews that I'll get him a copy for his 6th birthday (not sure if my sister will be too pleased with that, but I've been planting seeds to turn him into a comic/zombie-geek since he was born and this is just another step in that direction hehe).

Matt
letsbuildquietarmies
Comic Book Guy

Postby Rumble » Tue May 08, 2007 5:28 pm

that is so awesome to hear,

the first series was superb,
Ryall and Ash make a great team,

how many issues will A v Z v R be ?

peace.
Rumble
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Gavin » Mon May 21, 2007 3:04 pm

Can't wait to see it. The reveal at the end of Zombies vs. Robots was so out of left field hilarious I'm anxious to see what happens next.
Gavin
Private

Postby MetalGearJ » Wed May 23, 2007 2:09 pm

O_O!!! I saw the pic and i couldnt believe it! :P cant wait to see this series out as well! :D
MetalGearJ
Slayer

Location: In the Middle of the Desert in NM-Click the WWW Button Below my Posts to See My MGS Comic Thread! :)

Postby Ryall » Wed May 23, 2007 2:17 pm

letsbuildquietarmies wrote:Oh man, that just makes me want it even more!!!!! Any hints as to what will happen after ZVRVA? Anyone/anything else going to be added to the mix to give us a ZVRVAV(?) series down the line? It could go on forever...and I seriously hope it does.

Welllll... I don't want to give anything away just yet, but we have a good idea of where we would go next after this series.

And I just yesterday hit on something that needs to happen in issue 1 that will make for an amazing Ash visual. So I'm as excited as anyone to get this rolling. It's gonna be a blast... and I promise more actual "Vs." going on in this one, so for the people who said the last book didn't have enough fighting going on, they should be happy, too.
Chris Ryall
IDW Publishing
Ryall
Transforumer

Postby Rumble » Mon May 28, 2007 5:30 pm

will the series be monthly or bi monthly and so on ?

sounds very cool,

peace.
Rumble
I'm kind of a big deal

eagerly, festeringly...

Postby Staggerlee » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:48 am

figuratively festeringly, awaiting the AvsZvsR's!!!! Just flipped through, examined, reread, and gnawed upon the ZvsR HC, picked it up at the local shop, the only one he'd ordered....too bad for the other fans in the area...wait a minute, "I'm the only one who asks for this stuff here in S. Chicagoland?" Seems as though.....

The HC format is amazing...Huge!!! Filled the hole of the first ish in my collecturin' box...

mustXXrun<ZZZxxxx>now,

stagger'd and alee!!!!!!!!
"...and I laid the blame on the malice of time,
the devourer and consumer of all things..."
Don Quixote
Staggerlee
Private

Postby letsbuildquietarmies » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:23 pm

I'll be taking off from work early today so I can grab my ZVR HC. It's my birthday today and I can't think of a cooler present.......even if I am buying it for myself :lol:
letsbuildquietarmies
Comic Book Guy

Postby Ryall » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:42 pm

letsbuildquietarmies wrote:I'll be taking off from work early today so I can grab my ZVR HC. It's my birthday today and I can't think of a cooler present.......even if I am buying it for myself :lol:

I hope you like it (and thanks, Stagerlee). I was so happy with the way it came out. The look of the art at that larger size is so great. It got me all fired up for the 3-part sequel, too. I finished issue 2's script last weekend, and jumped right into issue 3. I thought I knew where the new mini was going, but like with the first one, the ending totally started to change halfway through, so I started over and ended up in such a better place. This stuff is a blast to write (I know where a next sequel will go if we get to that point, too. No cowboys or aliens or King Arthurs or Draculas or anything lame like that...).

Anyway, that Hardcover is maybe my favorite thing we've published that I've written, so I hope you all dig it.
Chris Ryall
IDW Publishing
Ryall
Transforumer

Postby r_sail » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:02 pm

Ryall wrote:Anyway, that Hardcover is maybe my favorite thing we've published that I've written, so I hope you all dig it.

Gonna grab it next week. I'm totally stoked.
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

And too, the story!!!

Postby Staggerlee » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:09 pm

Yes yes, Mssr. Ryall, this is story telling!

the "Which Came First" story line, humourous and human...
we are capable of such self-centered idiocy and ingenuity , us fleshies...
Men of course...So bring on the Amazons!!!! Matriarchal society comes to the front to fight and restore natural order......!

heh heh, damn fine stuff ya got here!

j.
"...and I laid the blame on the malice of time,
the devourer and consumer of all things..."
Don Quixote
Staggerlee
Private

Return to Ashley Wood