Locke & Key

Discuss newly solicited books, current IDW titles, or anything else randomly related to IDW and their slate of books.

Moderators: Ryall, JohnBarber, Bobby Curnow, Denton J. Tipton, Mariah

Postby BigRed » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:48 pm

sailships wrote:I haven't seen the issue, but that said, when I was younger I remember an ice-cream stand near me that would sell sundaes in little plastic baseball league hats.

Aha! That answers that, thanks very much sailships.
BigRed
Private

Postby sailships » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:45 am

No problem!

Is that what it looks like in the issue?
sailships
Red Shirt

Postby BigRed » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:16 am

Yeah it did look a bit more rounded, smaller and plasticy then his normal hat (but it is the same colour with the 'A' on it which was why I was confused - and I'd never heard of these ice-cream hat things before).
BigRed
Private

Postby thb » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Hey Gang,

Ran across this solicit in the latest Previews:

Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft Special Edition #1
Joe Hill (w) • Gabriel Rodriguez (a & c)
This special presentation of the debut issue of the Eisner-nominated Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft includes not only the actual script from Hill, but also a second bonus: an all-new 11-page story, “Freddie Wertham Goes to Hell,” written by Hill, drawn by the late Seth Fisher and presented in color here for the very first time.
*Retailers: See your order form for a special incentive
FC • $5.99 • 7 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-629-3

I'm a big admirer of Seth Fisher's work & am stoked at the thought of getting to see more of it! Thanks IDW.
thb
Private

Postby Big Poot! » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:43 pm

I have a question for IDW:

Will there be a paperback released of "Locke & Key?" I have seen it mentioned on amazon.com, but no release date. Was wondering if there are any plans, or only a hardcover? I look forward to reading this. Thanks.
Big Poot!
Private

Postby Gabriel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:18 am

This week, Locke & Key Welcome To Lovecraft TPB.
http://ryalltime.blogspot.com/2009/08/i ... views.html

best,
G-
Gabriel
Red Shirt

Postby stumptowntrade » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:02 pm

It is getting to that time of year...you know the one...the time of year when you have to buy something for that person on your list. I have the same problem. I always get stuck with having to find something for my Mother in Law.

She loves Stephen King. She has all his books AND has the comic collections of The Stand and Dark Tower.

So I picked up Locke and Key (by Joe Hill, Stephen King's son). Guess what she is getting for Christmas!

My friend Thor (yes, that's his real name) and I read them and then talked about them on our podcast. Check out our discussion of vol. 1 http://stumptowntradereview.blogspot.com/2009/02/locke-key-review-welcome-to-lovecraft.html and our discussion of vol. 2 here .http://stumptowntradereview.blogspot.com/2009/10/podcast-review-29-locke-and-key-and-3.html
Check out our podcasts at stumptowntradereview.com or download them for free on iTunes!
stumptowntrade
Private

Postby FDrowned » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:29 am

BigRed wrote:Why is Tyler eating ice-cream out of his hat?
Man this just confused me to no end. I was like "is he eating ice-cream out of his hat?" Couldn't he use a cone like everyone else?
FDrowned
Transforumer

Previous

Return to IDW Projects