New TF ongoing. At last! Mike Costa & Don Fig

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby Thunderwing » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:12 pm

"Last Stand of the Wreckers" by Roche.

Frickin awesome!

From what I can see from that cover, Pointblank and Guzzle are in there! NICE!
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby DecepticonsRule » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:12 pm

AutobotWarrior wrote:Why is Roche doing the Wreckers? I must be in the minority cause I’m not a fan of his work sadly. Guess the only book I’m buying is the ongoing.

That's too bad, because if you're not getting the two minis you'll have an incomplete view of the ongoing story. Since they spin out of it and all.

And I don't think we've seen the last of either Furman or McCarthy on G1 IDWverse! They have to have something in mind after the BB and Wreckers minis wrap.
DecepticonsRule
Transforumer

Postby AutobotWarrior » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Just not a fan of Roche’s writing or art. And what is BB? If that’s written by anyone but Furman or Roche I’ll look into it. But these guys just turn me off of Transformers. Their styles are not for me. And with comics being $3 or more I’m not gonna spend money on something I don’ t like. Especially if the comics focus on no name Bots and Cons.
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer

Postby DonFig » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:17 pm

There have been alot of worried comments about my "new" art style and I understand the concern.

as you know, I've been doing this for a long time now, over 5 years in fact. and I'm sure some of you are tired of seeing the same thing over and over from me. I know I am.

as an artist, I like to experiment. I gauge what people like and I try to bend where the wind blows. and recently, I see more and more from the fandom that "Geewun suxxors"

and the thing is, I don't consider IDW's take as "G1". the stories are not a continuation of the ones from the 80's cartoon or the Marvel stuff. they didn't crash on earth 4 millions years ago and get lodged in a volcano, it doesn't even fit into Beast wars.

sure it's got the same names and elements from G1, but that can also be said with every other series that came and went since G1.

Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Animated, the Movie.. All have elements of G1 in them, all have an Optimus who's a red truck and there's a Yellow car that younger people can relate to. references to Matrixes, Unicrons..etc, but they're not G1.

so please, calm down everybody. I'm just complimenting the new stories with a new look.

-Don Fig
DonFig
Comic Book Guy

Postby Thunderwing » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:20 pm

Eloquently said, Don.

Oh, I was premature in my Pointblank anticipation...on closer inspection, that just looks like Gun-Nut Perceptor.

But still, Guzzle!
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby Cattleprod » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Edit: Nevermind, arguing this sort of thing is absolutely pointless here.
Last edited by Cattleprod on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cattleprod
Transforumer

Postby AutobotWarrior » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:28 pm

I want more McCarthy and More Costa.
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer

Postby AutobotWarrior » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Don I’m still a fan of your work. If had my way, you, EJ and Guido would be the pencilers on all TF books.
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer

Postby Rycochet » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:34 pm

I'm all for experimentation, but the movieverse facial stylings are a massive turnoff for me, I don't care for cold, cruel looking skeletal features on my heroes. If I found the style appealing, I'd buy the movie comics, I don't and I'm not looking forward to the look being inserted into generation one comics. I've never seen anyone clamouring for the g1 comics to adopt this style, but I do recall people complaining about the deadness when they tried to adopt it for the universe packaging.

The IDW comics have kept my interest in Transformers alive through the movie period, where all figures have switched to a style that doesn't appeal to me on any level, if they move toward that style I'm not sure I want to continue buying them.
Last edited by Rycochet on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Okay to print, I guess.
Rycochet
Transforumer

Postby DanielW » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:35 pm

I like Optimus with big antenna.
And I agree that this isn't Generation 1, nor Generation 2.

I think we should dub it Generation 3 (if we're sticking with convention).
Or IDWiverse Transformers.

Or "Thank God it's Not Lat Pee" Transformers ;)
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby Nick Roche » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:37 pm

Just who ARE the NEW Wreckers?!

You guys know I loves my continuity and care deeply about this shinizzle, so don't freak at the new cast list. And there are some old friends featured that don't appear on that cover, so hang on in there. I'll look after you, I SWEAR!

All this new comic news sho' is excitin' though, huh?

Nick
Nick Roche
Forum Zombie

Postby Cattleprod » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:38 pm

DanielW wrote:And I agree that this isn't Generation 1, nor Generation 2.

What characters looked like in past continuities is irrelevant. What IS relevant is what they looked like before within THIS continuity.
Cattleprod
Transforumer

Postby AutobotWarrior » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Nick Roche wrote:Just who ARE the NEW Wreckers?!

You guys know I loves my continuity and care deeply about this shinizzle, so don't freak at the new cast list. And there are some old friends featured that don't appear on that cover, so hang on in there. I'll look after you, I SWEAR!

All this new comic news sho' is excitin' though, huh?

Nick

Still not interested, sorry.
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer

Postby Thunderwing » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:48 pm

:lol:

"Last Stand?"

You should have entitled it "Wreckers: DISASSEMBLED!"

But this is the most excited I've been for a series since Maximum Dinos was announced, so keep it coming!
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby AutobotWarrior » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:51 pm

Thunderwing wrote:

:lol:

"Last Stand?"

You should have entitled it "Wreckers: DISASSEMBLED!"

But this is the most excited I've been for a series since Maximum Dinos was announced, so keep it coming!

I excited for an ongoing series and new writer.
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers