After The Fall - Epilogue # 23 (spoilers etc)

Drop any comments about Joss Whedon's Angel, Spike or any of the related titles in this space, whether you have a soul or not.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

After The Fall - Epilogue # 23 (spoilers etc)

Postby resa53 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:11 pm

Got my copy today and I must say what a relief. Love the cover and the story and looking forward to the future. :D
No details (spoilers) but I loved where the story went and where it ended. So glad Brian's back ... and Franco too.
resa53
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby C.Grimlock » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:09 pm

I wouldn't mind spoilers : (
C.Grimlock
Slayer

Postby Deborahmm » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:58 pm

Great. Looking forward to Thursday now.

You said no spoilers, Resa, but I have my fingers crossed that there's no sign of Dez and that annoying angel person.
Aargh! 'Shippers! There goes the neighbourhood.
Deborahmm
Transforumer

Postby DanielW » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:28 am

If you want to post spoilers in a review, change the colour of the spoiler-y bits to white by highlighting the appropriate text and using the "font colo(u)r" drop down box and selecting white.
DanielW
Transforumer

Re: After The Fall - Epilogue # 23 (spoilers etc)

Postby Buffyversefantic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:03 am

resa53 wrote:Got my copy today and I must say what a relief. Love the cover and the story and looking forward to the future. :D
No details (spoilers) but I loved where the story went and where it ended. So glad Brian's back ... and Franco too.

Great to hear and looking forward to the issue.Does the ending have a nice lead in to or setup for the Angel:Only Human miniseries?
Buffyversefantic
Transforumer

Postby resa53 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:09 pm

Edited to delete 'cause you could still read the white font. I quoted it below and now it works. Just highlight the spoiler text and it'll appear.
Last edited by resa53 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
resa53
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby resa53 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:13 pm

resa53 wrote:Spoilers below:

No Dez or any other 'original' character'
No Cordy.
I'd say a very nice lead in for Angel - Still Human. Gunn and Illyria drive off into the sunset :D
There's an appearance by Non and the T Rex - we learn his 'real' name.
Very nice Gunn/Illyria interaction. Illyria is guarding Gunn and fends off all attackers, but wants to kill him as well. She's confused. :?

Hope that helps ... :)
resa53
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby BrianLynch » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Hope you guys like the issue! I've been called into rewrite a movie for Universal, so I am working 'round the clock and won't be able to check out the forum until late in the day, but I think the issue came out beautifully.

Enjoy!
BrianLynch
Transforumer

Postby pshand05 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:27 pm

BrianLynch wrote:I've been called into rewrite a movie for Universal, so I am working 'round the clock and won't be able to check out the forum until late in the day, but I think the issue came out beautifully.

That's really cool man. Let us know what movie it is when you're allowed!

Now, about the issue.

Wow. That was so much different than I expected. And also better, which is saying something, because I expected a lot. A whole bunch of little brilliant scenes come together to make this a damn good issue.

http://buffyversecomics.blogspot.com/20 ... thing.html

Review is up!
pshand05
Transforumer

Postby Buffyversefantic » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:41 pm

I also have Angel#23.

This definitly felt like a true epilogue to After The Fall and it was so great having Brian Lynch back for this one.

Loved how Mossaic was worked into it and the cameos from the Mossaic characters.Non's fate was perfect.

The stuff with Gunn and Non was just so juicy.The reason she healed him and everything.As well as Illyria in this issue.

The T-Rex is named Kenny.lol

Can't wait for the Angel:Only Human miniseries.This issue gave a nice setup for it.
Buffyversefantic
Transforumer

Postby Shade of Pale » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:29 am

Got my copy today. Good to see the dream team of Brian and Franco back together again, both as excellent as ever.

Thoughts: Brian is as good at writing human Gunn as he was writing Vamp Gunn
I loved the Gunn/Illyria dialogue.The two characters worked really well together, both because of what happened to them both in AtF and also because of the shared history of Gunn and Fred.
It was great to get back to the Mosaic again
Loved the plot twist about the identity of Anna's new roomate
The 'Only Human' series has been set-up perfectly by this issue - I'm really looking forward to it.
Shade of Pale
Transforumer

Postby Double Dutchess » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:15 am

Oh, I really look forward to reading this! I'm sorely tempted to buy #23 as a single issue (a neighbouring town has a shop where they sell American comics and I'm sure I can get it there) but I want to wait until I get AtF HC4, so that I'm completely up-to-date* before I read the epilogue. The preview pages already contained a big spoiler for the final issues of AtF so I'm sure it's better for me to be patient a little longer :(

*Based on what I've read here and elsewhere I've decided to skip Aftermath completely.
Double Dutchess
Transforumer

Postby Deborahmm » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:15 pm

I think you're wise to skip Aftermath, Double Dutchess, and I think that even more so after reading this issue.

I enjoyed it so much! The characterisation, the dialogue, the wonderful art (Franco draws a beautiful Gunn), plus all the little whimsical touches which are so typical of Brian's work like the dinosaur called Kenny and Non ending up in Mosaic. It was great to see those characters again, and poor old Dr Thibault if Non does end up in his therapy group. Isn't it bad enough that he's a werewolf, poor bloke, and now he has to deal with the psycho pixie.

Wonderful stuff, Brian and Franco. Thanks so much

I think I'm going to re-read Spike: Asylum again. Loved that book.
Aargh! 'Shippers! There goes the neighbourhood.
Deborahmm
Transforumer

Postby Jbreeny » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:56 pm

i wish i would have skipped Aftermath but being the Angel fan and the completist i am i just couldn't.

I loved this issue, I loved what happened with Non, i was a little worried about bringing her back and the way she was going to be used but i have to admit it was just perfect. Loved her interaction with Gunn.

It was so great to have Urru and Bryan back, I have really missed the pair.

On a side note, in my local comic shop the Angel issues were all gone, this had never happned before but today there was only 1 left and that was for me bcause i know the employees and they know what to keep back for me lol
Jbreeny
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby _deevlish_ » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Oh, that's better. I kind of feel like I've just woken from a coma as well, seeing as I've chosen to wipe the previous few issues from memory. I wonder what Angel and the gang have been up to...

Loved this issue -- what a great opener! A couple of beautiful moments (spoilery so they're in white):

- Groo reading Green Eggs and Ham
- Illyria taking up Fred's habit of wall-scribbling when confused/stressed

SO glad Brian and Franco are back and I can't wait to see what happens next!
_deevlish_
Red Shirt

Next

Return to Angel