UK Revenge of the Fallen comic

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

UK Revenge of the Fallen comic

Postby Estall » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:29 pm

#1 is out soon and is a renumbering of the UK movie comic.

NO-one seems to talk about it much, but I'm interested in what strips #1 will have - does anyone have any info?

I'm hoping we'll have a new UK strip, there'll probably be an Animated one, but for the remaining two strips, I'd imagine they'll do an IDW movie one (ROTF prequel - but missing out RoS?) and maybe start to run IDW's G1 line (as Megatron: Origin has just finished.

Any thoughts?
Or does anyone actually know?

Cheers.
Estall
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby MRGREWCOCK » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:43 am

My subscription copy of #1 arrived yesterday.

11 pages of new material acting as a prelude to the new movie (written by Simon Furman), continued next issue.

Back up strip is 22 pages of All Hail Megatron #1

Its been stated that reprints of Reign Of Starscream, Alliance, or Defiance movie prequels will not be printed in the comic, so it looks as though for the first 12 issue at least we have 11 pages of new material and 22 pages of AHM.

Overall a good fun read
David J. Grew
MRGREWCOCK
Transforumer

Postby Prime Nova » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:44 am

Great story from Simon - but hope that people buying the comic over the next 12 months dont look at the back up strip as the reason to buy the title. Simon needs to continue with great stories to try & compensation for the other 22 pages in the comic.

I spent more time reading the street signs that Guido had draw which where more interesting than the story.
Prime Nova
Forum Zombie

Postby Thunderwing » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:55 am

Is IDW going to be reprinting the rest of the UK series beyond those stories collected in "Tales of the Allspark"?

I really would like to read the "alternate" movie-verse that Furman set-up.
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby HdE » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:28 pm

I may have read those, Thunderwing. I'm not sure exactly what's collected in Tales Of The Allspark, but if you PM me the complete contents of story titles, maybe I can help out.
I letter comics. Quite a bit.
You want a web comic? Oh, go on, then! http://brokengoddessathena.wordpress.com/about/ (some mild language, kids!)
HdE
Transforumer

Postby Cattleprod » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:45 pm

Tales of the Allspark was just the stories from the first 8 issues of the UK magazine, before the 'alternate universe' bit started.

Edit: the series was actually called Saga of the Allspark.
Cattleprod
Transforumer

Postby Thunderwing » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant. Then the new stories in issues 9-25 of the UK Titan magazine are the ones that haven't been released in the US yet in any official capacity.

Anyone got any word on those? Denton? Mowry?
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby HdE » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Are we referring here to the story 'Twilight's Last Gleaming'? It features a host of characters not seen in the movie, such as Arcee, Elita , Armorhide and Skyblast.

If so, said tale is sat on my shelf as we speak.
I letter comics. Quite a bit.
You want a web comic? Oh, go on, then! http://brokengoddessathena.wordpress.com/about/ (some mild language, kids!)
HdE
Transforumer

Postby Estall » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:27 am

MRGREWCOCK wrote:My subscription copy of #1 arrived yesterday.

11 pages of new material acting as a prelude to the new movie (written by Simon Furman), continued next issue.

Back up strip is 22 pages of All Hail Megatron #1

Its been stated that reprints of Reign Of Starscream, Alliance, or Defiance movie prequels will not be printed in the comic, so it looks as though for the first 12 issue at least we have 11 pages of new material and 22 pages of AHM.

Overall a good fun read

Sounds good - not got AHM at all, so I'll have something new to read!

However, how big is 'bumper size'?

Last issue was 60-odd pages, so I wonder what goes into the other half of the comic if the strips total 33 pages??

I will enjoy what we have, but I'd be very interested in discovering the logic behind a movie-related comic not reprinting movie stories and, why it's reprinting a G1 story halfway through (as in, won;t there be references to the dinobot story here and there and perhaps even all the Furman stuff preior to AHM)?

Odd...
Estall
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby The Rev » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:34 am

All this "alt verse" stuff is getting a little confusing. This all started way back when with Action Force ... then they had their own Transformers stories ... now this!!

I've had it up to here with all this "British have to do it different" nonsense!

So ..... how do I get ahold of a copy? :)
The Rev
Transforumer

Postby lonegamer78 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:00 pm

The Rev wrote:All this "alt verse" stuff is getting a little confusing. This all started way back when with Action Force ... then they had their own Transformers stories ... now this!!

I've had it up to here with all this "British have to do it different" nonsense!

So ..... how do I get ahold of a copy? :)

Pay one of our UK members with a fully functioning and healthy kidney.
lonegamer78
Transforumer

Postby The Rev » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:48 pm

lonegamer78 wrote:Pay one of our UK members with a fully functioning and healthy kidney.

How about a healthy set of teeth instead?
The Rev
Transforumer

Postby polystyleneman » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Thunderwing wrote:Yeah, that's what I meant. Then the new stories in issues 9-25 of the UK Titan magazine are the ones that haven't been released in the US yet in any official capacity.

Anyone got any word on those? Denton? Mowry?

Have they even been released in the UK? Hell, I penciled issue 24 and have no idea if it's even been released. Haven't seen it yet.
polystyleneman
Transforumer

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:59 pm

MRGREWCOCK wrote:Its been stated that reprints of Reign Of Starscream, Alliance, or Defiance movie prequels will not be printed in the comic

Why not?
Everything I say is OK To Print, Even the Bad Stuff.
"The ongoing had Spike. What need have it of interesting character driven moments between the robots?" = Urzu Six
"And lo, Jesus said unto the moneylenders, 'Give me your face!'" = Kirjava
Darth Bombshell
Transforumer

Postby Prime Nova » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:15 am

All issues #1-25 have been released & #26 - v2#1 with the dreadful AHM #1 in it have been released + the Animtade #1-3
Prime Nova
Forum Zombie

Next

Return to Transformers