I think the Aliens Spotlight series is fantastic. Loooong overdue from ANY Star Trek publisher.
I feel like there are still so many possibilities that may be missed here.
Wouldn't it be great to have a sort of anthology series much like Star Wars Tales or Marvel Comics Presents?
My suggestions for future stories...
3) Edosians (or Triexians/Edoasn) (Arex from the animated series)
4) Aamazzarites...how cool would this be? Supposedly they make everything they use, clothes, furniture, homes, from teh silky substance they excrete!!!
5) Saurians! What about a story set in a Saurian brandy production house?
6) How about explaining the relationship between The Skorr, Aurelians and Dr. Chu-Sa's race?
7) Kazarites? The "dr. dolittles" of the Star Trek Universe?
The see-thru craniumed Gallamites? (The unseen Capt Boday!!!)
9) The A-holes of the Alpha Quadrant, the Sheliak? Then we could see them up close!
10) Hupyrian beetle farmers?
11) How about the races of Keenser and Alnschloss K'Bentayr (Monchezke) from the new Trek Movie?
Even though I could go on for a year, I will combine an edited list of must havesfor number 12...
12) Arcadians, Antedeans, Selay, Anticans, Zaranites, Betelgeusians, Kazarites, Breen, Dosi, Excalbian, Horta, Ithenites, Lurians, Megarites, Saurians, Phylosians, Xelatian, Pakled, Melkotians, Kasheeta, Ariolo
Let's get the word to IDW, maybe we'll get lucky.