sex change

Yo, Joe! The base of operations for your comments is open and ready for your transmissions.

Moderators: JohnBarber, CarlosG86, Bobby Curnow, Mariah, shanecdavis

sex change

Postby cashel » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:43 pm

i just picked up my wizard and read the three page preview. i never gave a toot about dialtone but i do wish idw would follow the toys a bit more. just my two cents. but i'm one of those guys that enjoy buying the toys featured in the comic. i just didn't see the need for the switch. again, no big deal. dialtone was never a fave of mine, just free associating.
still wouldn't mind seeing matt tracker or venom for that matter.
merry christmas everyone!
Join the revolution. Support "IMAGINARY DRUGS" and "BLANK WALLS". SEE WHAT LIES BEYOND SUPERHEROES! FEED YOUR BRAIN!
cashel
Transforumer

Postby Rockhammer » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:55 pm

Copying and pasting from my post on this subject at the Joereloaded forum:

I would have preferred an entirely new code-name for a new character, but since Dial Tone was never one of my favorites, I'm feeling rather ambivalent. If this is the worst IDW does, I'll still be happy.
Now if Duke, Wild Bill, Snake Eyes or Ace turned out to be chicks, and Lady Jaye was a dude... I'd be pissed off.
Everything above is OK to print!
Rockhammer
Transforumer

Postby Master Thespian » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:26 pm

Rockhammer wrote:Copying and pasting from my post on this subject at the Joereloaded forum:

I would have preferred an entirely new code-name for a new character, but since Dial Tone was never one of my favorites, I'm feeling rather ambivalent. If this is the worst IDW does, I'll still be happy.
Now if Duke, Wild Bill, Snake Eyes or Ace turned out to be chicks, and Lady Jaye was a dude... I'd be pissed off.

What's wrong with the Dutchess, Wild Belle and Laddy Jaye?
Master Thespian
Comic Book Guy

Postby Rockhammer » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:23 am

ROTFLOL!!!!! :lol:

Laddy Jaye? I was wondering how you could even try to turn that code name into a guy's... good job!

Edit: misspelling
Everything above is OK to print!
Rockhammer
Transforumer

Postby Viceroy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:55 pm

A sex change for Dialtone? Fine. As she's a commo expert, it would be acceptable as commo is a support branch. She my be renamed either Jacqueline or Jacklyn Morelli this time.
Fine by me!
"Let us renew our faith and our hope. We have every right to dream heroic dreams!"
-President Ronald W. Reagan
"That's how an author should talk! How manly!"
-Michelle Cheung, R.O.D. The TV
Viceroy
Transforumer

Postby Oracle1984 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:05 pm

See, e.g., Starbuck...
September 17, 1984. MTME Part I. The world changed forever.
---------------------------
"Nobody ever died for a typewriter." Road-Block, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (Marvel) #69 (p.4)
---------------------------
(Okay to print)
Oracle1984
Transforumer

Postby ardshipman » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:05 am

Dialtone is a chick, Huh? Hope they leave the moustache off.
ardshipman
Red Shirt

Postby Ro-Dan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:23 pm

Dial-Tone a lady, huh? Interesting. Not really a big deal I guess since Dial-Tone isn't a major character like Duke or Flint. Plus, the Joes could use another female member.
Ro-Dan
Transforumer

Postby Viceroy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:21 pm

Oracle1984 wrote:See, e.g., Starbuck...

I won't deny I don't care for the revamped Battlestar Galactica, as I feel it reinvented the characters, than just carry on the first series, but in the case of the new GI Joe series,m i think it can work because Larry Hama himself will have an active role in re establishing the ARAH mythos. And that's where IDW will have an edge.
The new Battlestar Galactica (and Knight Rider-which I've mixed feelings for) were both created by Glen A. Larson, but Mr. Larson has no real influence on it. Its the same with the Bionic Woman, the same character in NAME only. but the series is no way equal to the original due to its revamps.
With Larry on hand, GI Joe will have a far better chance to regain its glory days.
"Let us renew our faith and our hope. We have every right to dream heroic dreams!"
-President Ronald W. Reagan
"That's how an author should talk! How manly!"
-Michelle Cheung, R.O.D. The TV
Viceroy
Transforumer

Postby jamarmiller » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:23 am

I would have preferred it to be Jane or Bombstrike, dont like the sex change personally, now if they kill her and then bring in the male one then that would be interesting to me and good character making move for the male dialtone
THE ULTIMATE INTERNATIONAL SITE FOR FANS OF ACTION FORCE ( UK GI JOE), THE RED SHADOWS, and ACTION MAN
www.bloodforthebaron.com
Personal page at http://www.myspace.com/jamarandrewmiller
jamarmiller
Forum Zombie

Postby KJ » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:14 am

jamarmiller wrote:I would have preferred it to be Jane or Bombstrike, dont like the sex change personally, now if they kill her and then bring in the male one then that would be interesting to me and good character making move for the male dialtone

How would that make for a good character move?

It's Dial-Tone, for goodness sake. Not exactly a heavy hitter in the past. First thing most people think of: that he had a moustache......not a lot there, y'know.

And it's not like the Joes couldn't use more females.

And considering she was supposed to be a new character anyway, but Hasbro then made them change the name, why blame IDW for it?
Proud Member Of The 'Resurrect Bumper' Club.

...A Club Of One.
KJ
Transforumer

Postby jamarmiller » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:21 am

KJ wrote:
jamarmiller wrote:I would have preferred it to be Jane or Bombstrike, dont like the sex change personally, now if they kill her and then bring in the male one then that would be interesting to me and good character making move for the male dialtone

How would that make for a good character move?

It's Dial-Tone, for goodness sake. Not exactly a heavy hitter in the past. First thing most people think of: that he had a moustache......not a lot ............?

I guess well have to agree to disagree then

KJ wrote: [
And it's not like the Joes couldn't use more females.

...?

couldnt agree with you more, but why not use the characters that already exist in the joe universe, there is far tooooo many characters already created that could be used and fleshed out before we really need to make up new characters

KJ wrote:

And considering she was supposed to be a new character anyway, but Hasbro then made them change the name, why blame IDW for it?

ugh where did I say it was IDWs fault? I guess if you take the I from I and d from disagree and the w from we'll you could get IDW from my post but honestly I wasnt trying to do anything scryptic like that. LOL
THE ULTIMATE INTERNATIONAL SITE FOR FANS OF ACTION FORCE ( UK GI JOE), THE RED SHADOWS, and ACTION MAN
www.bloodforthebaron.com
Personal page at http://www.myspace.com/jamarandrewmiller
jamarmiller
Forum Zombie

Return to G.I. Joe